1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Unity, Focus, Determination and Discipline - Mark Ashton

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Mar 10, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Mark Ashton has a message for Bristol City fans as Championship future remains unclear for Robins
    By a_stockhausen | Posted: March 10, 2017

Mark Ashton is calling upon everyone connected with Bristol City to demonstrate "unity, focus, determination and discipline" between now and the end of the season.

In an impassioned message to management, players and supporters alike, he acknowledged the club is now engaged in a bitter fight for Sky Bet Championship survival.

While admitting results have not been good enough during the second half of the campaign, he insisted the Robins could avoid the drop to League One, providing all those involved showed a united front.

Currently third from bottom of the table, City face a potentially pivotal showdown against fellow strugglers Wigan Athletic in Lancashire tomorrow.

Speaking ahead of what is arguably City's most important game of the season so far, Ashton admitted: "We know where we are and let's be really clear, results in the second half of the season have simply not been good enough.

"Some performances have been good and we could all argue that, there but for the width of a post, we could be in a different position. But we are not.

"I would just like to reiterate to fans that we are not hiding away from this. We are very aware of what we need to do and very determined to pull ourselves out of this, regroup and then move on."

City have ten games in which to exit the drop zone and safeguard their second-tier status and Ashton believes he knows what will be required if the Robins are to avert a financially-damaging return to League One.

He added: "It is a about the here and now. I have been in similar positions to this previously in my career and the only way out is unity, focus, determination and discipline."

In a reference to the open dissent shown to head coach Lee Johnson by angry supporters, Ashton said: "I think the supporters have been fantastic here at Ashton Gate this season.

"Yes, they have voiced their discontent over recent games, but they have done it in a sensible manner and they have every right to do that. I have no issue with that.

"But right now, the team needs its supporters and it needs them to be positive. We have to make sure as a team that Lee, his staff and his players continue to have the energy and drive that we saw in the second half against Norwich.

"If we all carry on in that vein, I believe we will be all right. This is not the time for division, now is the time for unity. Together we can pull ourselves out of this, together we can move forward. It is the only way."

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/mark-a...r-for-robins/story-30192370-detail/story.html

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

How can we unify with the invisible man (Ashton)the back stabber creep (Johnson) and the Suits,they are a closed group.

The players, Bristol City fans, Ashton Gate staff, coaches and admin, YES, the rest of the hierachy forget it, by the way, as long as Johnson remains, me and mine will not be getting season cards next year, regardless of status, the man is oily and toxic, I know that is of little importance but it makes my family know we have not been sucked in by the little idiot con man.

People and LJ lovies can shout we are not real fans, we are but we are not idiots, so good luck to all of the REDS but we won't be there, we will invest our money and time in other things, I will also be stepping down as a mod at the seasons end, I have had enough of the current situation (Bristol City matters) and have better things to do..

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

That's a real shame Wiz and I'd appeal to you to reconsider that decision.

The current situation (did the likes of Lansdown, Johnson and Ashton appreciate it) is doing huge damage to the clubs reputation and standing as a whole and is all of their own making.

4. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

if tweets and meaningless words made a football club we should be Barcelona,

5. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I hope that's not a bit of a dig at the fans to do more- I think the fans have been magnificent and its now understandable that there is reaction. How people go to every away game as well as home, is beyond me and worthy of my upmost respect to them. Think I have needed to miss 2 home games this season but as a home game is 85 miles away, it does demand enough.

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

You don't need to do that mate, we all want what's best for the club and forums like this are important for peoples opinions and feelings.
    It would be a boring forum if everyone agreed with each other. As for being a City fan....More lows than highs have always been the norm!!

7. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I believe you are one of many who have just given up the ghost following a team that clearly is now run by back stabbing thugs who have no clue a, or concern, about the people who pay their hard earned money to pay for their prawn sandwiches up in their ivory tower. This for me has been a season of change for many reasons the biggest of which is Lansdown and Johnson otherwise now known by me as Smuggy and Leapy. So bloody sad, and yet predictable, given the footballing brain power of the aforementioned duo who are so far up their own backsides there's barely any room for Ashton but I'm sure it's in the budget for the future of Bristol City.

When does the film come out, assuming it will be a comedy?

8. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

He comes out with all this bullshit, what exactly have us fans done all season long despite watching **** being served to us every week, also what exact impact are the board making by sacking a very experienced coach and replacing him with someone with very little experience.

They are doing a very good job in pissing off the fans

9. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Basically, generic, stereotypical, corporate "waffle, waffle, waffle and waffle". Everyone associated with the club should be embarrassed. None more so than the people who run it.

It's very easy, put someone in charge who can manage the first team and motivate them to play for you, the club and the fans by being intelligent so they trust in you. We don't have that. We have businessman supporting the most undeserving person in football a job he was never capable of doing.

10. invermeremike

How many other employers would accept the non-existent performance of Lee Johnson, and the answer is certainly none? What is this love-in with the Johnson family and Steve Lansdown, and it boggles the mind where this deformed, ill informed and dysfunctional corporate unit are going to take Bristol City? Rats usually leave a sinking ship but this bunch have decided to hang on stubbornly until somebody offers them a lifeline which would be a waste of time as this bunch don't accept help or advice especially from well meaning samaritans like us.

11. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Don't blame you, I am thinking how to put my leisure time to better use and I am sure many others are as well.

12. invermeremike

The rot has really set in and until such time as someone can wake up and see the light we have no chance. I don't think it happen under the ridiculous regime we currently have in place.

13. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

It does seem to look like next season in League 1, with a new board and new manager.
    And probably mostly new playing staff. Heaven only knows where they will come from

The most bizarre set of circumstances I have seen at AG since 1982

14. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

MA is "bask room staff, and so should be "invisible to a degree" However he has appeared a few times and made a few statements, whether we are or are not in agreement with them. I personally would not like MA, or any of the board being more than just casual public facing peeps. Players certainly yes, coach's yes, a manager if we had one yes......
    Stepping down! well that would be a disappointment, a big disappointment. As we get older we do find that things become more of an effort whether physical or mentally challenging, I suffer sometimes with both, and to be honest the last month or two on here has been an effort, probably the most concentrated period of posting since 2011 or 5 years ago! A year ago I used to go 5 times a week with one of my hobbies , quite physical in a week probably assisting to move 4 tonnes of mud and rock now I try and 3 sometimes 4!... maybe the physical in my case drains the mental!