1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United v Leicester

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

About time Fellani gets dropped. Rest most of this team for the Micky mouse cup and play them next weekend.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He might well.

Reckon he'll be after Charlton's goal record first though.

3. Stan

Stan Stalker

Will Zlatan let him take the penalties?

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Martial has a lot of personal issues that is now eating into his zest. He was injured for this match but like Rooney, he too needed some time out to gain perspective again. Rooney actually looked composed today coming from the bench. I believe he still has much to offer but should be on merit, state of mind his mind and his fitness. I was actually hoping he would replace Zlatan up front today rather than deeper. We may see more of that in the coming months.

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Probably, I doubt he's filled with bitter hatred.

6. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

Awesome Victory for Manchester United defeating the champions!

7. Stan

Stan Stalker

Kitty got claws

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Ha, like i give a ****.

9. lostboi

lostboi Active Member

Actually he did replace zlatan up front while zlatan played deeper when Rooney came on.

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Bah - good game lads, didn't do ourselves any favours by forgetting how to defend corners but irregardless, you were better.

That you also played so much better without the pondering of Fellani and Rooney doesn't come as a shock to anyone as well - Mata was MOM for me and showed what a player that has positional discipline and doesn't lose the ball every time he tries a pass can do for a team.

cytrax, lostboi, Treble and 1 other person like this.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Not quite. We can play better. I want to see more chances created from open play... but that will come. I think Mikhi instead of Lingard will cause defences more problems.

Ok one remaining concern - Valencia is no Right Back. Sorry but he's a liability and will cost us goals.

Positives: Mata, Pogba and Ibrah linked up well today. They read each other's movement really well. Mata is just brilliant at controlling the game. Bailly was immense again. Rashford continues to score goals and doesnt look phased at all. Nearly forgot - we kept the ball on the ground today!

lostboi likes this.
  12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I posted that when we were four nil up at half time!

It wasn't as good second half by a fair stretch. Pogba gave himself a breather and Mata faded a bit. Agree that either Martial or Mkhitaryan would play ahead of Lingard when fit.

Still, can't complain. Was a welcome win, long may it continue.

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Ahh I didnt read all the posts. I havent checked our fixtures but I hope we build some momentum now.

14. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

That was more like it, It was like watching the old Manchester United under Sir Alex Ferguson, It was a great performance.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Stoke at home followed by Liverpool and then Chelsea, I think. Need to stuff Stoke also in order to go into the scouse game on a decent run.

There are inevitably EL and league cup games interrupting it all though.

Treble likes this.
  16. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Mourinho apparently operates a system of trust. He only uses players he can trust to follow his instructions and give him 100%.

Now that Rooney is being sidelined, will the new generation of United players recruited post Ferguson like Mata Herrera Mikhi keep his trust? We know that he trusts Bailly and Blind but Shaw has let him down against Watford. I think he trusts Fellaini to play in some big matches.

We are definitely not out of the woods but I am glad that Herrera and Mata have been given starts. We still have the likes of martial and Mikhi to come back but will they be in the first team?

I am looking forward to the Europa match at OT to see how other members of the squad perform.

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh we have Martial, Mikhi, Shaw and even Carrick and Schweinsteiger. That's a heck of a squad. Imagine building a strong starting 11 from today, that includes a choice from them 5 as well. That's cherry picking for Mourinho. The only thing he doesnt have is a decent experienced RB.

This is the job he wanted. With a luxury of players. He should be revelling in the job.

18. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

If we don't win games, it won't be a luxury of players. It would be lots of players he hasn't got a clue of their best position, or past their sell by date <whistle>

19. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I watched the highlights of our game earlier, it's nice to see us play good and attacking football as well, I also noticed that Ander Herrera told Juan Mata to get ready for the corner hence Daley Blind's quick thinking for Marcus Rashford's goal.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I want to see him revel in the job, personally. He wanted the United job... for a reason. Now he's got it, he should be grabbing it with both hands and loving it. He's a top manager and he doesn't need the miserable look at United. That act needs to go and he should be full of himself, quite frankly.

Stan and Diego like this.