1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United v City

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Sep 8, 2016.

1. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

I am always here for you

2. bulletinthehead

If it was the other way round you would be saying no penalty as well. Outplayed.

3. bulletinthehead

BTW Pogba......what a waste of money

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Bad news for united losing at home so early in the season.

One of Jose's keys to success was making the Bridge a fortress

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Not really, sometimes you just get beat by a team that plays better on the day.
    **** happens, the trick is to not let it happen too often.

cytrax likes this.
  6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Wish we had him Ibra Bailly at Chelsea.

All fantastic signings

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Bullet hasn't been on for a while but they got a cup final win today so he is enjoying himself :grin:

(don't bother trying to discuss players, he knows little about them <ok>)

8. Stan

Stan Stalker

I didn't think Pogba was poor today. If that's poor then I'll take the odd poor game. The lad and I were laughing about how he brushes opponents aside so easily.

The two wide men were terrible in the first half though and I hate to be fashionable but Rooney continues to be a wasted place in the team. It's gone on far too long to be considered a dip in form.

My lad's team came from 2-0 down to win 3-2. Stan Jnr had an average game but his best mate was superb, scored a blinder and set up the winner.

cytrax likes this.
  9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Just watched your game on Sky, I remembered you compared Adrian to de Gea last season and even said he was better.
    I will probably stop laughing by Monday <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Can't remember a Mourinho side at Chelsea being so outplayed so comprehensively at home in his first 5 seasons.

Only in his last season at the Bridge (v saints)

Mourinho teams always hit stride straightaway with obvious exception of 15.16

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Three bad choices from the off....
    1 Play Lingard who hasn't played at all this season?
    2 Play him on the left (wtf)?
    3 Play Miki in a big game against a good team when he has shown to be well off the pace of PL football in the minutes he has played so far.

These players should have been given starts against much weaker teams than City, we effectively started with 9 players.

12. lostboi

lostboi Active Member

I have always know city would rip us apart if we played 4-2-3-1. And who's the defensive midfielder? Fellaini lol. Against smaller teams it would look good but against a good passing team no chance. We should have started with 4-3-3. That is when we can get the best out of pogba. I mean why spend 89 million on a player and play him the wrong way? Just to accommodate rooney? Even if we want to play 4-3-2-1 then we need to play a proper defensive midfielder to cover for pogba when he drives forward... Fellaini is simply not good enough in that position.

Of course the sacrifice in playing 4-3-3 mean no room for rooney, but if that's how we will win these big games then so be it. I remember Ferguson benching rooney when we played against Madrid because he went for 4-3-3, ditch the no 10... Play that against softer opponents. If we continue to play this way even Liverpool and arsenal will have a field day against us. If we must play 4-2-3-1 against a good passing team then we need 2 defensive midfielders which pogba is not.

I also knew Liverpool were going to tear Leicester apart because Leicester always play 4-4-2 sacrificing one man in midfield. It worked for them last season because they had kante who is very good in that defensive midfield position, but now they no longer have him. I think our midfield should be Schneiderlin /fellaini, pogba and Herrera. Let rooney play against weaker teams.

cytrax likes this.
  13. lostboi

lostboi Active Member

Pogba will come good, the manager just needs to play him to his strength and ditch the Damn 4-2-3-1

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Wasting your fingertips mate, he has been on every thread about every player saying the same thing even though he has been missing for weeks.
    They have won their cup final and he is enjoying it :emoticon-0100-smile <ok>

15. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I'm sure I read comments when the team was selected from fans buzzing about the starting 11.

TBH - I thought the selection looked good. No team would have kept City quiet in that first half.

Although Liverpool played the best football today, easily <ok>

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Not really hindsight mate, just common sense to me. We have played very compact and quite well until today, why change it against one of the best teams in the league.
    I think Jose tried to gain an advantage by surprise and it back fired.

17. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

TBF most wanted Miki to be starting games.
    Lingard also seems to be a fans favourite.

You had your expensive spine out on show, against a weakened Man City.

Jose made a mistake and admitted it. From a fans point of view that doesn't watch the team training on a daily basis it looked like a very good starting 11.

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nope, Lingard hasn't kicked a ball in anger for nearly 6 weeks, Miki has looked well off PL pace. Both are good enough to play for the team, both are good enough to play in a derby but not as their first game of the season when the other team is up and running.

19. leez

leez Well-Known Member

just watched the highlights of your game ..and what stood out for me is that cock otamendi .

cheating , diving pretending to be injured ..how the fa and the public can tolerate this guy is beyound me

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Pep actually said this? What game was he watching? Claudio could have easily cost them the game. It all well and good dumping Hart but when you have no marks to replace him it makes you look foolish

Skylarker likes this.