1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

under mike ashley

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by leez, Feb 8, 2017.

1. leez

leez Well-Known Member

what actual chance has nufc got of wining anything ..

we sure are not going to be nowhere near the high levels of the epl if we get back..

and we do not try in cups .. .. mike ashley is here for the money and not the love of football ..

sometimes i think well whats the point ... does he actually deserve nufc ..in my view the fooka just needs to sell up ...do one ..whatever ...

just wish that people would see the bigger picture and get this bloke out ..

he wont change ..he is wrong for nufc ......thoughts

Ellis Short Is likes this.
  2. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Thoughts? We've known this all for the last 10 years surely?

The guy is an overweight stooge with no interest in the club, using Newcastle as an advertising board for his corrupt Sports Direct business....but we've all becomes debased to this already. Unfortunately it makes him money and we're stuck with him, he knows the fans hate him, but he's not going to sell up.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  3. leez

leez Well-Known Member

he only hang about as long as yous lot will ....its stale .. got to be a way to get this **** oot

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

No chance... just like most of the teams in this country though.
    We do have HOPE though.... or RAFA as we like to call him.

5. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

He said in that tv interview he gave before the West Ham game a couple of season ago that he was here until we won summit. Hopefully that includes the fizzy pop league trophy then he'll fook off in the summer and take Carr and penfold with him :)

Captainchaos. likes this.
  6. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Don't trust him as far as I could throw the fat lad.

His next car crash decision is always around the corner.

7. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Aha zero absolute zero

8. Captainchaos.

Exactly plus any buyers would be put off because he wouldn't sell unless they paid over the odds

9. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

Firstly, if he sold do you think we would suddenly be competing for trophies? And who would come in and buy the club? There isn't a long line of billionaires and hedge funds beating down Ashley's door. Compared to some of the foreign investors at other clubs he looks like a saint to be honest, so while things could improve with a new owner, things could go very, very wrong indeed.

Is it actually Mike Ashley's fault that Newcastle wouldn't be able to compete at the top end of the EPL (when we return to it at least) or is it the way the finances in football are structured and the fact you've got Russian oligarchs and Arab states bankrolling English clubs who they treat as toys and everyone just stands back and lets it happen? As for the cups, I'm happy with this season's approach - we had a go in the League Cup when we had the squad and form to cope with the extra games, and we didn't risk players/results in the FA Cup due to having injuries and players on international duty and because the league position was under threat. Again, if there was a different owner, do you think our approach would be much different to that? I doubt it to be honest. The majority of clubs take the same approach these days, and if you really want to change that you will need the FA and Premier League to change their prize money structure and make the cups far, far more profitable.

I acknowledge that Ashley has been a disaster area for much of his time here but at least we are on a more positive course now with Rafa at the helm and unless it does come apart at the seams due to an Ashley brain fart I'm going to stay positive for the future and not let a couple of newspaper articles bring the whole thing down to the gutter again. We've got a world class manager in Rafa in charge and we're top of the league, so considering where we started from this season it couldn't be going a lot better really.

10. Captainchaos.

No but we might not sell our best players have crap shirts and get relegated

pauljohnhutch likes this.

11. General Lee Speaking

We probably would in all honesty. Unless you're an elite club you get your players poached if someone bigger wants them. I think the only way things would become more even would be if the Champions League clubs (who have a financial advantage over other teams in the league) are sent off to compete in a separate European league and EPL prize money is evened out more, possibly even where every club gets the same amount.

magpie290761 likes this.
  12. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Dependant on how much skill Mike is willing to buy for him

13. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure how we can do that though unless we are all willing to chip in. In the meantime better the billionaire you know. I suspect there will be a few Asian billionaires sniffing round again as we start to work ourselves into a guaranteed promotion spot. My worry would be that his prime reason for selling would be to make as much as possible rather than for the long term future good of the club. Think though he will only sell when he either needs the money or can't be arsed any more - the free advertising is too good for his main business and he can already smell the Premier League riches.

14. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

If you win the FA Cup, the club get £1.8m but if you avoid relegation from the Premier League then you get £100m.

Doesn't take a genius to work out what ANY owners priority would be :emoticon-0148-yes:

15. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Agree with "better the devil you know" sentiments BUT Ashley keeps making the same mistakes over and over again - the definition of madness - doing the same thing expecting different results.

Just wish he would learn from his mistakes (he'd be all knowing by now...)

16. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Would you rather have Ellis Short?

17. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Exactly - think sometimes people should be careful what they wish for.

You've only got to look at Leeds, Blackburn Coventry (especially), Leyton Orient etc to see the impact of other owners who were initially hailed on taking over the club.

No way am I saying Ashley hasn't made mistakes but I don't think we're necessarily that badly off - IF - he learns.

I live about 5mins walk from Leyton Orient - they're on the fourth manager this season now - gone from losing the League One playoff final in 2013/14 to second bottom in League Two - all since Barry Hearn sold the club to Italian businessman Francesco Becchetti after the playoff failure.

18. General Lee Speaking

Portsmouth now playing in the 4th division.

19. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Yep. It's not always brighter elsewhere

20. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

There's another example.