1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

U23 Reading v Norwich

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by carrowcanario, Apr 30, 2017.

1. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Anyone going to todays game ?

2. carrowcanario

3. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Any idea if there will be any way to watch or listen to this ?

4. DUNCAN DONUTS

5. DUNCAN DONUTS

4-1 Game over

6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Just seen that!!! :emoticon-0106-cryin
    Oh well, there's always next year.

7. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

That seems poor. Reading do have a decent youth system, but still. Disappointing.

8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Could it be because Dmitri has left?

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

And Middleton wasn't in the team - Oxborough; Ramsay (Hlynsson, 87), Efete, Crowe, Lewis; Grant (Aarons, 62), Adams (c); Jaiyesimi, Cantwell, McGrandles (Higgs, 73); Ashley-Seal.
    Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/arti...ch-city-u23s-3699571.aspx#zJErDKkTvIwTrf2I.99

Matt Gill says that they were poor for a spell after conceding the first goal, when Reading grabbed another 2 goals.

canary-dave likes this.
  10. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Oh well. They've done very well this season as a whole, but perhaps there's a warning there about not yet depending on youth as the immediate answer to our problems.

canary-dave likes this.

11. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

There seem to be several more senior youth players missing from that team. Maddison, Godfrey, Jayisimi to start with.

JM Fan likes this.
  12. carrowcanario

They lost the game in the second quarter. They started the first & second half strongly and had a couple of good chances in the first quarter that should have been converted. I thought both McGrandles & Ramsey played well. The referee wasn't great and a few poor decisions affected the players more than it should have. Bit of a reality check for me after JM's comments about some of the players worthy of a chance in the first team. From what I saw none of the players are anywhere near championship level at the moment, including McGrandles who I rate, however that is just based on yesterdays game which as Gill said wasn't their greatest display this season. Why is it that those supporters who look like they've never played football in there life and clearly don't have a clue about the game have the most to shout about.

13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if that's a 'veiled' reference about me canario (apologies if I’ve misunderstood your meaning!!), but perhaps you could enlighten me as to how many under 23 games you've watched this season???
    The only one at CR that I’ve missed was the game against Valencia and I have witnessed their exploits in the games in the Checkatrade Trophy, the International PL Cup and the PL Cup and I’ve been very impressed by the likes of Ramsay, Efete, Middleton and to a lesser extent Jaiyesimi – Godfrey, JM and Thompson have all played for the first team in the championship.

Granted, I may not have played football since leaving school, but I was at CR several years ago when there was still a ‘reserve’ competition and we played Arsenal reserves and IMO the most impressive player on the pitch was none other than Jack Wilshire,

14. DUNCAN DONUTS

Don't be so harsh on yourself mate you could be goalkeeper for a 30 somethings 5 a side team .

ncgandy likes this.
  15. carrowcanario

Ooops Sorry I've read my comments again and it reads badly. No the last line was reference to about half a dozen of the so called supporters that turned up yesterday and gave the players grief and thought they were coaches. The last line was supposed to be the penultimate line. The last line should have been There was some complete numpties in the crowd.

Yesterday was the first time I'd seen the U23's live this season, part of the reason I went was because of all the positive reports I'd seen previously from yourself and others. I was expecting better to be fair and as I said in my post the comments were just baised on yesterdays game.

JM Fan likes this.
  16. DUNCAN DONUTS

I saw them against Sunderland in the semi of the European thing and they were **** too, but they were good in most of the previous games apparently

17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks Rick and I thought I'd misinterpreted what you'd written. <sorry>
    As was said, it didn't appear to be a full strength team yesterday and I've no idea why.
    I'm looking forward to seeing them play next season and I'll try to get to games at Colney when I can.