1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tumbleweed

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by DrPhotosynthesis, Apr 5, 2011.

1. connor wigham

connor wigham Active Member

i am happy for preston fans to come and have banter i dont mind as long as there is not racism or anything directed at anyone just the club

2. lilywhite forever

like I've said wigan, don't worry...any hassle from our fans on your board will be sorted. I wont tolerate stuff that crosses the line like that :mad:

3. Danger Tree

Danger Tree New Member

Wigan is a ridiculous excuse of a Premier League club. League 1 is where they deserve to be

4. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Hahahahahahahaha. So you got the attendance figures from ONE game and you've based your argument on that? You can't even sell out your home games let alone away from home! If you'd like to show me our attendance figures this season and compare them to yours then you're more than welcome to.

5. fathamp

fathamp New Member

I agree that our support is crap and i am a wiganer! We deserve more but there really is nowt else the club can do to attract em in. Cheapest prices, freebies galore and we still cant get a full house.The sad state is that there are more other premier league supporters in wigan than those who turn out at latics. Anyway the gripe shouldnt be with that die hard few that do go on to tyhe games which will be the guys posting on this and other like sites, but with them that wont turn out. Bollox to the doomsayers from the other clubs whom are just jealous we are punching above our weight...its great to be the underdogs as the wins taste all the better.

6. ReallyReal

ReallyReal Member

More stupid comments about 'size' from those who clearly have an inferiority complex about their own 'size'
    Football can only be a great sport if it maintains itself as a meritocracy ie. the good enough get to the top, the worst get relegated. The day this changes to historical significance or attendance is the day that franchise football is born.

Simply put, if you're a fan of a club from a lower league who is jealous of our relative success, just hope that one day you'll be good enough to get promoted to the PL, until then, focus on your own clubs short comings and stop whinging at us, if your a fan of a PL club and are still moaning about our fanbase, get a life, or at least grow up :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Piemaker

Piemaker New Member

Ok bandit we'll compare attendances shall we? This year our attandance was on average 16812 while yours was 25043, congratulations you averaged a whopping 8231 more people per game. In 2006 you averaged 20606 while we averaged 20233 an even more impressive 373 more fans per game, you must be very proud! Last year our average was 18006 & yours was 23909 just under 6 thousand.
    Now lets take into account size of catchment area. You share the South West of London, est pop 1.5 mil, with Chelsea & now QPR as the only Premiership teams, both hardly historically big teams, Chelsea only 1 league title & 2 FA cups I think before Abramovich & a yo yo team. You also have been in the leagues since pretty much year dot. We have a catchment area of around 170,000 & sandwiched less than 10 miles between arguably the 2 most successful teams in history which suck away our local support. We also have to contend with Everton, Man City, Bolton, Blackburn within a 15 mile radius.
    So to take stock, we get on average 9% of our catchment area turning up to watch our games while you get roughly 0.5%, despite the fact that we have only been in the league since 1978 & have very little history. It would appear that our locals are 18 times more likely to watch their local team than yours which suggest that your local population cannot be arsed with you despite getting to a major european final just recently!
    So, bandit, I await your reply.

8. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

im new to not606 so im hear to defend the latics corner with my key board like a true fan

9. connor wigham

10. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

Hahahaha. I think you've forgotten to mention the fact that in London there are these lesser known clubs that we have to compete with. I think they're called something like Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham, of course these are on top of the ones you have already mentioned (QPR, Chelsea) yet we still manage to sell out.

I think you can agree that these teams are far more prestigious than Everton, Man City, Bolton and Blackburn.

11. connor wigham

man und and liverpool

12. Piemaker

Piemaker New Member

Ah Bandit, I was just talking about south west London, If you want to mention the WHOLE of London then with a population of around 6.8 million and we could also throw in the whole of Surrey (most trains from there go via Putney or Wimbledon) which doesn't have any decent team that I can think of (Woking?) in one of the most affluent counties in the land then your argument is even weaker because you get proportionatly a heck of a lot less people per capita bothering to support you..

13. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

There are only to types of people on this thread . Wigan fans & losers . My biggest concern , is I'm not a Wigan fan hehe !!. But I do enjoy watching Wigan winding up jealous fans from other teams as they pull another season out of the fire . Wigan have been entertaining the Premier League for a third of the Premier League 's existence , speaks volumes !!

14. Piemaker

Piemaker New Member

Hi Jack,

Many congrats on your well deserved promotion, I'm just down the M4 so looking forward to visiting you next season. What sort of reception will you give Bobby?

It's very satisfying annoying everyone by still being in the Prem. Hopefully we'll both stay up & teams with very poor local support & no recent history, like Fulham for example, will stop punching above their weight & play in the fizzy pop where they belong.

15. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Live in the middle of Canada pieman , love the Swans though . How will Roberto be received , no middle ground I'm afraid , either with great respect or little at all . Personally I think Martinez is one of the best managers with little money . Good luck this season pieman , until we tale a slice out of you Lol !!