1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Trump or Hillary ?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Sep 11, 2016.

?

Trump or Hillary?

1. The Donald

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. The Dyke (Allegedly)

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Obama has been a terrible President and this week's result was just as much a verdict on him. His wilful ignorance over Syria and Aleppo has been shameful.

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

America's foreign policy in the Middle East has been a disaster for a long time though. Obama's domestic reforms on for instance gun laws and closing Guantanamo Bay were blocked by the Senate. Now they've got Republicans across the board, which will please you no doubt, let's see how the reality compares to the rhetoric.

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Obama hasn't been great, but let's not forget the senate has fought him on everything, particularly the last 3-4 years.

4. ForestHillBilly

Interesting discussion on LBC about whether Trump is a closet left-winger. It seems Redistribution is not seen as a dirty word any more. Bernie Sanders has said that apart from the racist rhetoric he could work with Trump.

5. User deleted as requested

Talking of a racist rhetoric, a black presenter on CNN has described Trump's win as a "whitelash" against Obama.

6. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Current being in Boston I stumbled upon a big protest in Boston Common. There were thousands of people there, I listened to then speaking.

What I found impressive, and a copper was speaking to me (must have known I was a tourist and told me to take extra precaution walking the city last night and tonight), how many of the people protesting were under the voting age and taking an active interest in the governance of their country.

7. Holden Chinaski

Another protest at Harvard University. Impressive campus if you've never been

8. ForestHillBilly

Always been a dividend country

9. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

10. User deleted as requested

Yesterday's Guardian was a collectors item <laugh>

Every prating underachiever and left wing harpy in this country - from Ken Loach to Caroline Lucas to Diane Abbot - stuck the boot in. <laugh>

As Mrs Merton might once of put it, 'what is it about the successful billionaire that you don't like " you bunch of pathetic hand wringing misfit losers.

11. User deleted as requested

BREAKING NEWS:

Nicola Sturgeon has appointed a new minister to her Scottish Govt tasked with objecting to the Donald for the next 4 years.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  12. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I do not think there is anything to admire in Trump. He is a racist, homophobe, misogynist, horrible hateful excuse for a human being. The trouble is America is full of racist, homophobic, misogynistic horrible hateful excuses for human beings to vote for him.

13. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

To be fair Dick, that was the exact accusation made at people like me who voted for Brexit <ok>

14. deleted.....

and yet the reason I voted for Brexit is a matter between me and my dog .... woof...<badger>

If the UK does not leave the EU then I am going to be very very angry like an awful lot of people

15. ForestHillBilly

Spitting Image, where are ya? The show was never the same after Ronnie retired, he was brilliant, but there's so much potential material now surely the show has to come back? The Right shouldn't get too upset about their darlings getting lampooned, a Jeremy Corbyn puppet would be superb.

16. deleted.....

and more electable <ok>

17. ForestHillBilly

Unfortunately name-calling and personal insults are the order of the day. All because someone has a different point of view.

18. User deleted as requested

An excellent idea overnight from President-Elect Trump.

Send Nigel Farage to Washington as UK Ambassador <applause>

Nigel is a great wasted talent and a National Hero. He is precisely the sort of bloke, with a pint in one hand and a fag in the other, who should be representing our newly liberated nation overseas. He has excellent links to the new White House and has outstanding diplomatic skills to boot. What is not to like? He will also be useful to President Elect Trump [I love rolling those words around my mouth....President-Elect Trump]. He can advise Don on building that wall, having almost singlehandedly saved England from having to build its own.

[Incidentally, Trump is spot on about NATO. Why should we defend Estonia and Lithuania from Russia ????]

Stand by for at least 4 years of glorious, plain speaking isolationism and proud patriotic nationalism - long overdue on both sides of the Pond <applause>

19. deleted.....

Sorry Royston, Nige is a good leader for UKIP but would be a disaster as an Ambassador to any Country other than the EU (in the future) <whistle>

Or perhaps he cut his teeth on being Ambassador to France <laugh>

20. Holden Chinaski

This will scare the European Elites in Brussels. A Brexit and anti-EU as a very good friend to one of the most powerful people on the earth.

Especially with the US in negotiations with the EU, sending Farage out there to "help" and "advise" Trump on European matters could play into our advantage.

If I was May I'd be reminding Junker of this... A subtle way of saying: "play ball with us and don't **** us about."

: VoteDon