1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Troublesome 18

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

This has to be the first time in a long time we have had some form of depth and perhaps several questions to ask for each game - which is quite a welcome change.

I have to say with Fraser / Niles in the form he was in at the start of last season I PERHAPS preferred the 11 last season, this time around we certainly have depth.

If we base this on our PNE line up, with the three additions/ McGoldrick to come back it's apparent.

Bart / Chambers / Knudsen / Smith / Berra / Bru / Skuse / Douglas / Ward / Sears / Pitman

Gerken / Webster / Digby / Bishop / Varney / Kenlock / Dozzell

We then have Best / Lawrence / Grant / Emmanuel / * McGoldrick + Williams when fit.

That doesn't even count McDonnell / Blanchfield / various other academy players who perhaps could / SHOULD have gone out on loan?

I would assume Dozzell would drop to develop / Digby and perhaps Varney would be the most logical to come out of the squad. At least we have a bucket tonne of options this season, and with all the ball playing players we've signed / Murphy going Mick will have to change the style of play which should suit more. Obviously Chambers/ Knudsen in defensive areas will still be instructed to whoosh it out to god knows where / throw ins but the defence from the three games I've attended are certainly being allowed to do more on the ball.

Could be a good season this. Important month coming, then the magic 10 games will have been played and we'll have a decent idea as to where we're at. COYB.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  2. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

I agree Westy, I am for some strange reason a shade more optimistic.

Forget the eyewatering ball crunching Big numbers.....we have a proper squad with several creative ball players, and bags of youth.

Important few games ahead, grab some away points and we might surprise ourselves!

3. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Nope, not impressed, don't rate Douglas or skuse in CM and think both fullbacks are sub standard, defence will still hoof to the ghost of Murphy!
    Didz is ****ed and you won't get ten games out of him this season, Williams is to fragile for this division. Sears seems to be real short of confidence and Pitman is best used as a super sub.

Grant sounds like a good player, judging by reports of few games he played and Ward looks very good. Bart great keeper, Pity it took mm so long to realise! Bish once fit Is our best CM by a mile but will the stubborn mule break up skuse and Douglas, will he feck.
    Under a different manager we would have a promotion pushing squad and only be a number 9 short of guaranteed top 6 but under Mick I think we will finish about 12th at best!

4. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Bart
    Emmanuel
    Webster
    Smith
    Kenlock
    Ward
    Bishop
    Skuse
    Grant
    Williams
    Pitman

That is what I would like to see when Williams is fit.
    4-4-1-1
    Williams in a free role just behind Pitman!
    Sorry but think chambers, Knudsen and Douglas are piss poor footballers!