1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Trotter!!

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by Katiemfc, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Katiemfc

Katiemfc New Member

Sad as this may sound I watched Trotter almost exclusively for the last 10 minutes of the first half on Saturday and he didn't touch the ball once... went in for a few challenges but only ran at the player and never once stuck he's foot on the ball. For a Midfielder this is in my opinion a bloody outrage. He walked about the middle of the pitch most of the time no where near the ball, didn't deliver anything and gave Forrest the run of the midfield. Tam was working twice as hard to compensate but Trotter gave nothing to the fowards.
    If he's not fit then don't play him but I just feel he's not been the same since he's injury.
    Shame that the ref had to spoil the game and stop play every two minutes.

2. benwall

benwall Member

I agree, Something's not right. He has been a bit off his game for a while now and I think it may have something to do with him playing a new position for a few games going forward more. Maybe it has put him off his stride a bit and now he is unsure where he should be? I rekon he is best when playing deeper in midfield anyway.

3. Katiemfc

Katiemfc New Member

I think that when he was playing just behind the front two he made the best impact...

4. SeaLion

SeaLion Member

A number of the players havn't been right since they came back from injury. Robinson, Morison as well as Trotter have all struggled in recent games.Iis it because they are not fully fit or is there some unrest behind the scenes which is affecting the players? Theo going, Eastmond unhappy at not playing, Schofield contract talks on hold. 100% team spirit is one of the reasons we got promoted last season, so I hope there is not something going on that the supporters don't know about.

5. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Theo was desperate to join us and has gone, very very strange, and some of the players are playing well below parr, so i think there are some in house problems, i am sure they will get sorted but if there is anyone who doesnt want to play for the club then i hope K.J. kicks em out,

6. Peckham Lion

Peckham Lion New Member

Karie couldn't agree more I was watching him myself on Sat
    and felt he was poor. Defo think something not right with the
    squad hopefully Kenny will sort it out.

7. SE16

SE16 Member

Why does this always seem to happen ? I know this probably goes on at every other club but just when things seem to be moving in the right direction a wheel seems to have fallen off.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really proud of the lads at what they've achieved this season and if you would've asked me pre-season I would've been more than happy with a mid table finish.

I hope this gets sorted out soon as Sealion pointed out that 100% team spirit was one of the reasons why we were promoted in the first place. I think KJ is one of the best managers we've had at Millwall and I trust him to sort it out but as quite a few of you have pointed out, things just don't add up?

Oh well COYL !

8. West_Upper_Lion

Trotter has been crap recently and needs a big kick up the khyber.

Time to shake up the team cause apart from Bomber most looked like they were knackered or disinterested.

9. Ulster Lion

Ulster Lion Member

They do look uninterested and lazy marking. Need some decent competition for places but why is Schofield on the bench and sign Eastmond and not play him?

10. rockymountainlion

I just got this dodgy english ip address thing, so on saturday i waited to watch the football league review show, and after about 40 mins I managed to get all 15 seconds of the highlights. Looks like it aint just Trotter who didnt turn for this game.

11. Ulster Lion

Ulster Lion Member

They all looked out of sorts with lead in their boots. Tam didn't play well from the clips I saw. What is going on there? They look tired, unmotivated and without leadership.

12. Katiemfc

Katiemfc New Member

Thought Tam actually played ok, got stuck in where Trotter just didn't fecking bother...
    Need Schofield to play as we've got to have attacking options coming down the wings.. it might stop Morison creaping out wide trying to create chances instead of being in the middle and notching!
    Defensively we don't have a problem the rest of them need a kick up A hole and sharpish. Would happy take mid table as a finishing position but would rather take it with an enthusiastic team who want to win rather than the lazy non passionate team we've had recently..

13. Ulster Lion

Ulster Lion Member

They looked sluggish but think defensively it needs tightening up. There is a shortage of challenging on the ball from the goals I saw - free headers etc and if it wasn't for Forde would lose more or by greater margins.

People pay hard to come by money and want to be entertained and if you don't win at least you got some enjoyment. Many times I saw us win but played poorly and you just come away feeling a bit empty if you catch my drift?

The Theo debacle was something else - especially with him scoring in his first game for Derby and them winning because of it! Not as if you could say we made a fortune from selling him. I saw him as one for the future but we have very little prospects currently and now Schofield out of sorts but the only creative player (should I mention a Southampton loanee ;)) not playing and the Arsenal loanee Eastmond on the bench for some games, it smells of something not right behind the doors.