1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Trollope Watch

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Sep 23, 2016.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Never mind Trollope watch. It appears Pearson has been suspended by derby. Powell in charge tonight.

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Hope we're not watching Trollope much longer. Saturday could be D Day. D = dismissal.

3. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

I hope Burton give us a hammering and then they will have no choice.

4. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I genuinely have lost all the excitement and passion that I used to have for City. Now it's just becoming a chore to watch them, I still love them almost as much as my kids <laugh> but its becoming so rubbish and mundane that its no longer a Saturday or Tuesday treat. I speak to people I work with, who also have season tickets and where we used to be in high spirits "are you going tomorrow?" or "Whats the score tomorrow lads", its now "I cant be ars*d going tomorrow" or "Hammering tomorrow lads, Hartlepool in the cup (<laugh>)".

I just do not understand why he is being kept on. Dalman must be singing his praises at board meetings, or sha*ging the bloke!. Its beyond a joke.

5. BluefromBridgend

I have been saying the same for some time Jay starting about a season ago. No thrill or excitement in going just a chore in the hope we see something to give us a bit of hope. Shame it has only been Blackburn's centre back this season.

I have been going to football for well over 50 years so have feel fairly well qualified to comment. I said early on in our Prem season and will say again now, we look like a relegated side already and massive change is needed NOW!!!

6. Jay-Rede

I haven't been going as long as you BfB, I was only born 28 years ago <whistle> but have been supporting them for 20 years and can honestly say that in the 20 years of supporting them, this is the worst I've ever seen them and least confident, and I remember us in the 3rd division <laugh>

7. BluefromBridgend

Part of a football club's aims must be to keep the fans happy.

Do the club care about the alienation of their long standing supporters? It appears not.

8. isawronnymoorescore

This is the worst team since the early 80's by a long chalk, and i mean Team. As the players we have now and if they were correctly managed would be nowhere near the mess and position we find ourselves in.

Stevoldinho likes this.
  9. Jay-Rede

I am absolutely bewildered at how Trollope is still in a job a day and a bit after his 6th loss of the season.

10. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

I've been going down regularly save a few seasons since mid 70's.

Tuesday's display was as bad as I can recall by a City side in that time. I gave up for those dark div 4 days but came back when the football improved.

This season I've seen 5 progressively worse performances. It won't take much more for me to give it up again.

The football under Mackay & Slade was mainly dull but largely effective at this level.

However what we've witnessed this season is beyond desperate.

I have run out of adjectives to describe the performances this season.

BluefromBridgend and Jay-Rede like this.

11. BluefromBridgend

This Saturday could be your last opportunity to see the rare Trollope bird in all his finery. Unless things go for him he could face extinction at around 4.50 pm.

His owner will have no option but to chop his scrawny neck unless his flock swoop down and snatch 3 points.

With a 2 week break before the next game this is the optimal time to do it and give some time to bring in replacement. Hopefully the bait has been laid already.

12. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

That's where I am with it, for the same reason. It keeps getting WORSE! If lost my ST cards I'm not sure I'd bother to pay the small fee to have them replaced. It's so poor to watch I don't want to go, I do go, then by halftime I'm wondering why I bothered. By 70mins I'm ready to leave. On Tuesday at 80mins I walked out. I think that's a record, I certainly don't remember ever leaving earlier.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  13. Jay-Rede

Even if we win he needs the chop mate. Not good enough, and we all thought Humpty Dumpty was out of his depth!!

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  14. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I think you should give him until the end of the season, so he can finish the job!!...............<party><party><party>

15. BluefromBridgend

Hasn't he gone yet? If not, why not?

The longer he stays, even with no games for 2 weeks, the deeper we will sink in the soft and smellies.

Other than the possible lack of an immediate replacement there is no excuse for him to remain. Surely the board have already been searching for the right man?

16. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Unfortunately there's not many in Exchange and Mart at the moment. Perhaps Tan should realise you tend to get what you pay for in this game.

17. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Sam is free...<whistle>

18. BluefromBridgend

E-bay, Groupon, Gumtree?

19. Jay-Rede

But Trollope remains defiant and insists he can salvage Cardiff's season.

"We'll come back stronger after the international break and determined to turn things around," he said.

Am I the only one who chuckled at this laughable statement? HOW IS HE STILL IN AN EFFING JOB????????? :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

20. isawronnymoorescore

The man is obviously totally inept, he appears to have no leadership qualities at all, he is an 'On the cheap choice of manager' and Lenny in the background is also a massive joke. They need to sort this out. Reason, if he is still there against Bristol, they will hammer us and probably get revenge for the 6 - 0 thumping we gave them a few years back. This whole affair has left a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. If they haven't got the guts to sack him, i volunteer to do it, it only takes 5 seconds.
    'Clear your desk and leave the building' Easy.