1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfers

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Charlton till I die, Jun 13, 2011.

1. ForEverAnAddick

How confident are you that the Green transfer will go through now Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees now we've had a bid rejected??

2. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

it's only a report that it has been rejected
    "skysports understands"

No word from Dag & Red is there

please log in to view this image

3. ForEverAnAddick

Exactly what i was thinking when i just read the report... SkySports ''Understands'' Says it all really! Lets hope he does sign he would be a terrific signing if Powell can pull it off!!

4. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

That's SkySports most cliched sentence opener ;)

"SkySports understands..."

5. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Benson could be part of any potential deal for us to bring Green in?

6. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

I'm well confused by this situation with Green.

A fortnight ago, Norwich were battling it out with A.N.Other Premier side for his signature - according to my slightly tenuous source (sorry mate) at The Daggers, the bidding had 'gone through the roof' or something like that.

Now it's us and Posh battling it out? I don't get it.

He was undoubtedly the best player in a relegated side and probably worth £300-£400k tops. Anything more than that for a player who's played one season in League 2 and one in League 1 IMO will be a tremendous leap of faith.

7. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

I'm with you on this Tewks, I'm absolutely baffled by the whole business, so I'll just avoid any excitement or anticipation until I see anything on our official site.

8. Franco5

I agree lads it is a strange one that's for sure!!

9. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Let's blame his agent ;)

10. ForEverAnAddick

You've got to laugh at these two rumours....

Millwall have increased their bid for Charlton midfield ace Alan MacCormack, the figure is believed to be a six figure sum now that the coffers at the Den have grown due to the sale of Morrison to Norwich City.

McCormack and the word Ace certainly dont go together!!

According to a source close to Simon Francis, Crystal Palace want to sign him from local rivals Charlton Athletic as a replacement for the departing Nathaniel Clyne. An enquiry was made on sunday night and Palace have now offered £1, 750,000. The source says Francis is not keen on the move however.

Im sure they accidently put the 750,000 on the end of the fee, as the £1 is about right!

11. Franco5

<laugh>... I'm off to bed to dream that those two rumours are true...!!

12. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

were they on the football rumours website by any chance <laugh>

13. CAFC Room101

CAFC Room101 Member

Just had a look on that football rumours website and did indeed find those two rumours under 'football rumours 2' although there was an altogether more believable one in the dodgy rumours;

USAIN BOLT: I WANT TO START FOOTBALL AT CHARLTON

After recently saying to the BBC that he would like to play football once his sprinting career is over. Usain Bolt has said that he thinks he is good enough to play for Manchester United, but he wants to gain experience from the lower leagues of English football first. Usain feels that this will give him a better understanding of the game. Usain chose Charlton as the club he would like to start at.

I was speaking to my brother who is living out near Trelawny (Usain Bolt's hometown) and he says that Usain's father has been in contact with him recently and all the townsfolk are now talking about how Usain Bolt wants to play football, and play for Charlton as well as Manchester United. Usain's reasons for this choice of Charlton are that he wanted to move to a well-supported club, with a good ground and good facilities, and most of all good fans.

Usain feels that Charlton is the place where he can refine his footballing talent by working on his heading ability and flamboyant skills above all.

14. Franco5

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>... Can we all agree neVer to beleive a word of what's written on football rumours from now on... <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh>.

15. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Lets be honest, would Benson- the guy who closed his twitter account due to the abuse from CAFC fans- then recommend someone to join us?

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

17. Matt Mev Evans

According to wikipedia Green left us at 15, any truth in that?

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Yep, as did George Boyd and Wordsworth at Colchester. One of those things- in the Premiership at the time and not good enough for that level. But finding ourselves in League One and they were 3 of the best players last season!

19. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I asked my workmate who is a Daggers season ticket holder about Green. He is a very good winger on his day, but too often it is not his day. He also takes all the corners and free-kicks, which wouldn't happen at Charlton.

20. ForEverAnAddick

Charlton look set to reluctantly concede defeat in their attempts to lure Rhoys Wiggins away from Bournemouth. Charlton believed they might have reached a level that would see the Cherries finally give them permission to speak to the Welsh U21 international but when that got rejected they decided to move on to other targets.

From the SouthLondonPress today...