1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

transfers

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by valjing, May 7, 2011.

1. valjing

valjing Member

Saw in this mornings DM that MH
    is possibly interested in signing N Bentnor from Arsenal,
    this to me sounds like a good investment young," prem "experience.
    I feel that if it comes off it could be a sound buy.

2. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Could be a decent signing, for the right price. But isn't he a similar striker to Bobby and Gudjohnsen?

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I think we'd have to pay a lot of money for Bendtner, and I suspect we could get better value elsewhere.His goalscoring record isn't fantastic -20odd goals in 100odd games - but that has to be offset by the fact that many of his appearances for Arsenal have been from the subs bench. All the same, I can't escape the suspicion that if he was as good as his supporters claim, he would have had more starting chances at Arsenal by now.

I agree with Bidley that Bendtner would be competition for Bobby, rather than a natural partner for him. Pace and goalscoring is what we should be looking for if we are going to buy a big money striker. I don't think Bendtner is what we are looking for (although if we do sign him, I'll be happy if he proves me wrong.)

RF will despair at this, but what we really need is a young Andy Johnson!

4. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Seemingly a frustrating player, one of last resort for Arsenal. We need cover for Bobby Zamora, but he is nowhere near good enough.

5. RobespierreFFC

I think the problem with bendtner is that he'd think he is too high and mighty for us. He seems to think this at arsenal, so if he came to fulham then this would occur to an even greater extent. He would demand a starting place which could in turn isolate bobby which we obviously would not want. If we keep gudjohnsen and find a better alternative for AJ then we will be sorted out in the way of strikers. Just get hold of a full-back and a creative central midfielder and we'll be set to go. Just wondering if blackpool go down and cosequently command a lower asking price than they did in janaury, would charlie adam be an option? He is very similar to murphy so could be a natural replacement, though I might be being a bit too ambitious here.

6. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Charlie Adam would be fantastic, but there are clubs higher up the table (Liverpool, Spurs, even Villa might be more attractive to him) that he'd go to before us.

It's such a shame Steven Ireland seems to have gone downhill, a couple of seasons ago I'd say he'd be a fantastic signing for us. Would he be worth the risk?

7. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Chris Brunt? Reo-Coker? O'Hara? Darron Gibson?

8. valjing

valjing Member

the above 4, not for me Tosh, but i would love to see Charlie Adam at the cottage.
    He somewhat,(but not in his class) reminds me of the great, late, Johnny Haynes.
    a good attacking midfield general.

9. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

I saw in the paper that one or two of the big boys were interested in Brunt, so he is unlikely to come to us - more's the pity because he is a great player. Similarly Adam will go for a huge fee to a top four/five club.

Personally I cannot stick Bendtner. His match losing miss in the Champions league sums him up for me - all mouth, no trousers. If Blackpool go down Campbell might be a good buy - or Taylor-Fletcher, although T-F is probably more competition for BZ than partner. If Wigan go they may have a fire sale and it would be interesting to see what could be picked up in the striking dept. Rodallega could be interesting. N'Zogbia would be a good buy.

Not sure if Hitzlesperger is a loan player for West Ham - if not, I quite like the look of him as well. And as I've said before, if Cardiff don't come up we should have a punt and see if Bellamy would ply his trade with us for a while.

10. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

Teams are going to be relegated, and some of their players have opt-out clauses in their contracts so they don't have to play in the CHampionship. West Ham's owner said he won't make his players honor their contracts if/when they go down. So that's where I'd look for talent.

West Ham have Scott Parker, Carlton Cole and Wayne Bridge likely up for grabs, all of whom are very good players.
    Wigan have N'Zogbia and Rodallega. N'Zogbia's a year younger, but seems inconsistant to me. I like Rodallega.

11. RobespierreFFC

I suppose carlton cole could be the target man alternative to bobby, though with gudjohnsen that may not be necessary. Rodallega might be exciting though I suspect he might be looking for a bigger club. As good as scott parker is, I'm not sure he's quite what we need as he is more similar to etuhu and sidwell than the creative type that we crave, which is why as I said earlier, charlie adam would be fantastic though possibly unrealistic.

12. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Carlton Cole is one the PL's most frustrating players, along with Bentnor, so I'll take Gudjohnsen anyday.

Scott Parker has been tremendous this season, but not for us. I'd welcome Charlie Adam or Rodallega, ableit unlikely.

COYW

13. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Hitzlespurger is a permanent West Ham player; Bridge is only on loan from Man City (I think)

I agree with GeraScores' assessment of Carlton Cole. As I recall, prior to leaving West Ham, one of Bobby's grievences was that he wasn't getting picked ahead of Cole, who he considered himself to be better than (and who of us would disagree?).

As for Charlie Adam, I suspect he'll be going to a bigger club than ours (Liverpool and Spurs were supposedly interested in January). Somehow, I can't get any enthusiasm for Adam, even though I rate him as a player. Somehow I just can't see him fitting in with us, even though I cannot even begin to justify why not.

14. FulhamIreland

FulhamIreland Well-Known Member

If Wolves go down maybe Kevin Doyle or Matt Jarvis would be good signings. I also heard Harry saying last night that he needs to offload a couple of players from the Spurs squad, maybe Kranjcar or O'Hara?

15. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

Kranjcar was rumoured in january, and IMO O'Hara will be a future great, but midfield is really not the position that needs addressing

16. FulhamIreland

Murphy is pushing on now, we're starting to see his legs go. I think O'Hara would be an ideal replacement for Danny considering we're more than likely going to lose Greening and Dikgacoi in the summer and O'Hara is available at the moment. I think it makes perfect sense snapping him up before anybody else does. I'm sure there would be lots of teams interested.

17. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

you forget that moussa is a midfielder

18. FulhamIreland

But could you really afford to let this opportunity of signing O'Hara now go to waste? He won't be available this cheap in the future so I think we should sign him now. Also, I see Moussa as more of a forward, kind of like Dempsey, not an out and out midfielder or striker, just a general attacking player. O'Hara is more of the Danny Murphy type player. I agree that midfield is not our prime concern but I do see bringing in youth as a must so O'Hara makes perfect sense to me.... along with a couple of others of course.

19. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

No, i would love to see O' Hara at the cottage, but it is unrealistic
    Moussa is NOT a forward, he is just a diverse player, and the creative MIDFIELDER we so desperately needed. have him and SS/ Murphy in the middle, Duff and Dempsey on the wings and BZ and AJ upfront, and you have a top side

20. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Good shout on N'Zogbia Fulhaman, he might introduce healthy competition to the side. Although I think he'll be signing for someone like Sunderland, myself.