1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfers so far

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Agent Bruce., Jul 22, 2017.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Late bloomer.

2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

How so? 24 goals in the last 3 seasons - still about 8 goals a season! SHOLA alert!

3. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Reasons for thinking Lucas Perez might be a useful signing:

NumberOne: Performed decently last season (read somewhere that he was directly invloved in a goal every 75 minutes). Most Arsenal fans approved of him. 17 goals and 8 assists during the 2015/16 La Liga season with Deportivo.

NumberTwo: We currently have Mitro.

Reasons for wanting to keep Haidara:

NumberOne: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  4. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

So other than a one off season, your main reasons are Mitro (who did just as well in the PL) and Haidara........ well looks like no reasons then!

5. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

And yet we had a lot of people (not necessarily you) saying Mitro can't cut it in the prem.
    I'd rather keep mitro but I'm guessing Perez can play good alone at the top, which the involved in a goal 75 mins would fit. Whereas I'd argue Mitro's looked his best in a 442, which I can imagine Benitez will get heart palpitations just thinking about.
    Does seem silly flogging mitro still, finally got a decent amount of wingers (NO GOUFFRAN, YESSSSSS) and would offer a different dimension to Gayle. Mark my words, if they stay, Perez and Mitro will have far better seasons than they have in the last 2

Salomon #9 likes this.
  6. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

.....and we can bring back Cathro now, freakin' sweet!

7. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

<doh>

8. RobEllious

Think he's referring to the spurs game, don't see him starting anyone we sign this week or next

9. RobEllious

Only if he can play up front!

10. MAGnificent Rick

MAGnificent Rick New Member

We're struggling in the market because we have to cut the numbers before bringing more players in and some of these players are rejecting opportunities to leave because clubs aren't willing to match the wages they're already on which makes for these players to prefer to see out their lucrative contracts whilst playing no football whatsoever. It looks as though loaning these players out and having their wages part paid for is our only option which highlights our previous disasterous transfer policy.

11. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Think it's also a case of needing to get rid of a few fringe/non event players to ease the wage bill.

12. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

13. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Sure, but did anyone expect to get to the first game of the PL season with the same team that played Barnsley.....we'll have swapped Gouff for Ritchie (he didn't start that day) and will likely be Clark/Lejeune in CB instead of Hayden/Mbemba, with Hayden replacing Colback in midfield. Gayle will start, not Mitro, but it's an eleven players from all but one of the same personnel. Regardless of the added squad players, that's a poor situation.

14. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Dunno why you're not in for Iheanacho for £20m that's about as sure thing as Mike Ashley's gonna get for a quick buck.

He'll go next summer for £40m+

Kryptonite likes this.
  15. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

16. RobEllious

Perhaps, though Merino could start, along with Murphy.
    I get your point but never expected a spanking new team because
    A)That team won the championship and
    B)We Spunked all our money on promotion last year so didn't expect us to get much unless we shifted the crap, which we can't.

Whether we buy a new striker or not we'd still start Gayle so not sure where you expected us to have upgraded, considering Benitez would always have started with Dummett

17. RobEllious

Could have said that of a lot of players over the years, and we won't be payng those wages + addons, which I fathom will be big-time

Edit: come to think of it there will deffo be a buy back clause inserted

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  18. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think like most we've probably yes please, and they've probably thought no thanks. Promoted club expected to struggle.

19. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

For me Gayle will do fine providedhe stays fit. If de Jong can stay fit he will do ok as number 10. Dummet will be a 6/7 every week and stays fit. Ritchie and Murphy on the wings with cover by Arron's if he can stay fit. Hayden and shelvey will be fine in middle. Cb will be covered nicely. Imho! Goalkeeper Elliot will be fine. I have hope that we can scrape a escape from relegation and there are some **** teams in that premiership. The top 6 will play out a mini league whooping the rest week in week out. We just have to make sure we beat the lower teams at home. We can then build again next summer.

Have faith chaps. I've been smoking crack cocain. I also bumped into ayoze Perez in babucho and he said he was aiming for 20 goals this season.

magpie290761 and RobEllious like this.
  20. Tasty Magpie

Tasty Magpie Well-Known Member

Perez has looked good in the Premier League every time he has played if we're to believe Arsenal fans opinions over raw stats (although an assist or goal every 75minutes isn't bad at all). Mitro has not.

The main reason I would be satisfied with his signing is he would be an affordable addition (the only sort of signing we ever make) who can do a job on the left wing, in the number10 position or up front. He has a good left foot, good technique, decent strength and pace and just looks like a handy option for a side like ours.

I think we would still need to sign a really prolific goalscorer to push Gayle or take his starting place. We are horrendously under strength in attack - currently only Gayle that you could have any level of confidence in for providing a consistent goal threat.