1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfers - Prem released list

Discussion in 'Derby County' started by Dean Sturridge, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Dean Sturridge

Dean Sturridge New Member

Nice to see so much movement on transfers, happy with most as well, think Ward and Fielding are the best of the bunch.

Looking at the Premier League released list, who does anyone think would be worth a punt? I know the majority are unrealistic financially and wouldn't want to come, but at a glance I reckon:

Mark Randall, Javan Vidal, Abdoulaye Meite, Giles Barnes, Jon Spector, Steven Caldwell, Dan de Ridder, Jason Koumas... not exactly inspiring but potentially realistic i think, we wouldn't be getting people like Pantsil, Kamara, Garrido.

Koumas is getting on but has been class in the Championship before, Barnes linked with Forest today, I always liked him as a player he probably wouldn't wanna come back I guess. Think De Ridder would be worth a shout. There's a few youngsters I don't really know much about, Randall, Vidal I've heard of, could be a few decent ones coming out of teams like City/Chelsea you would have thought.

http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/14/79/0,,12306~162068,00.pdf

Just think it makes more sense financially then spending a mill (rumoured) in transfer fees for Shackell, when we could have maybe offered Meite/Caldwell or someone a deal. I only say that cos I think Shackell is a bit expensive if he did cost that much.

We really need George Burley back to control transfers and pull some more Idiakez/Rasiak signings out of the bag!

2. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

Forest fan in peace. Just wanted to see how you rated Barnes as a player and what were his strengths and weakness's?

3. Dean Sturridge

Dean Sturridge New Member

I always liked him, cos the season we won the playoffs he was class, rapid and scored a few, some great goals in there as well, volley away against Cardiff the best.

After that he was basically injured, ****, or on loan, but I still think if he had the chance of a full season and got a starting spot he could be good. Did alright for Baggies when they went up, seemed to win quite a few pens, but didn't do it in the prem for us or them. He was always a sub and in and out for them though and I don't think you can fairly judge someone on that.

Oh and apparently he's a real prick, my cousin played tennis with him a few times and said he was miles up his own arse. I also heard he used to say 'woosh' when he went past someone lol

4. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

Cheers Dean