1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

What do people think about the transfer window, i dont agree with it and i am sure most clubs dont. It cause clubs to over pay for players Martyn Waghorn being an example. I am watching Sky sports news and see Newcastle have rejected a 30M bid for Andy Carroll from Liverpool. Carroll is an average player and is nowhere worth 30M. You get people like Torres handing in transfer request right at the end of the window leaving Liverpool with no time to replace him if he does go which could ruin their season (Not that its possible then it already is). Man Cit can bully any team in the country with their money. We end up with clubs over spending on average players and the agent laughing all the way to the bank. Scrap the window and let players move freely between clubs. Paulo Sousa could argue the window cost him his job because by the time King Power took over officially the transfer window had just closed so he was stuck with what he had

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9380994.stm

2. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From a fans perspective it is awesome and I love it.

From a human beings perspective, it is a disgrace and if it were to stay then clubs should have spend limits.

3. Proud Fox

Deadline day is great as a fan. But thats 2 days a year

4. Proud Fox

Liverpool have offered Newcastle more for Carroll than Barcelona paid Valencia for David Villa this summer. World gone mad!

5. Pull Your Fox Up

Pull Your Fox Up Active Member

its a desperation bid at the 11th hour with there prized asset looking like he will be a southern softy before long - absolutely stupid mone though. Why dont they look to Ade Akinbadbuy??

6. foxaway

foxaway Member

agreed bad for football but great for fans (as long as you're not involved). It seems to be the form players that move for the big money and the truly classy players stay put (at least till summer). Benjani got a big money move to Man City a couple of years back as a result of some good form for Pompy and then hardly got a look in when Sven left. I'm sure there are many more examples of this. At the moment, Charlie Adam is in form and will maybe move. 2 months ago everyone was after Elmander but he hasn't scored much in January so he's gone off the radar. It's a false economy buying form players, on this evidence, Dudley "DJ" Campbell will get a move to a big club and yet again flop like a soggy fish

7. foxaway

foxaway Member

I think Andy Carroll will end up being a bit of journeyman professional, a bit nomadic. Most likely cuz he looks like a Gyppo