1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer window thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

2. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

IF YOU READ MY STUFF ABOUT HOLLOWAY I SAID HE WOULD PUT TWO WINGERS IN AS WING BACKS I KNOW THIS MAN LIKE THE BACK OF MY HAND
    I HOPE HE BUYS THE LITTLE CHARLTON WINGER WHOS ONLY 5FT5INS BUT WHAT A PLAYER
    WHO KNOWS HIS NAME
    ALSO I HOPE HE RE SIGNS JET THE BEST STRIKER AT THE CLUB BY A COUNTRY MILE,HES ALREADY GOT TEN GOALS

3. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Dear Santa, please could we have eleven motivated and organized players in full match fit condition?

I promise to be a good boy from now on<cool>

kiwiqpr and Steelmonkey like this.
  4. acricketer

acricketer Well-Known Member

Are we talking 2017-2018 season?

UTRs likes this.
  5. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

No, I'm just doing what I do very naturally and talking sh!t mate!

We could do with a player or two with good leadership skills in the Jan window imo:emoticon-0148-yes:

kiwiqpr likes this.
  6. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

This guy Ted? Nicky Ajose?

please log in to view this image

Shorts introduction: Nicky Ajose shows a leg as Cristian Ceballos, Lee Novak and (background) new boss Russell Slade look on during the second-half of the ...

Welling United 1 Charlton 4

Nicky Ajose bags a hat-trick as Charlton begin pre-season with a 4-1 victory at Park View Road
    Olly Groome reports from Park View Road

Nicky Ajose netted a debut hat-trick as Charlton kicked off their pre-season with a 4-1 victory over Welling United at Park View Road on Saturday.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-welling-united-pre-season-report-3176855.aspx

7. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Perhaps some savvy business by Preston after the recent Doyle/Beckford punch-up - CB and winger (we could use one of them?)

Preston North End: Andy Boyle & Daryl Horgan join from Dundalk

Andy Boyle (left) and Daryl Horgan were part of Martin O'Neill's Republic of Ireland squad in November

Preston North End have signed out-of-contract pair Andy Boyle and Daryl Horgan from Irish champions Dundalk on two-and-a-half-year contracts.

Both players' deals with the English Championship side begin on 1 January.

Centre-back Boyle, 25, and winger Horgan, 24, were in the last Republic of Ireland squad for November's World Cup qualifier in Austria.

They helped Dundalk to three League of Ireland titles and the group stages of this season's Europa League.

"Both players have had great seasons in their league and in Europe," boss Simon Grayson told the club website.

"They are young, hungry and looking to improve and will be excellent acquisitions for us."

Find all the latest football transfers on our dedicated page.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38265386

Preston duo 'a disgrace' - Grayson

Preston North End manager Simon Grayson was embarrassed by strikers Eoin Doyle and Jermaine Beckford after the pair were sent off for fighting one another.

Doyle and Beckford came to blows after the Irishman failed to play Beckford in as North End looked for an equaliser in the last minute of their 2-1 loss at Sheffield Wednesday.

"You expect it in the playground between four or five-year-olds, not from two professionals who've been in the game a long time," the Preston boss told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"They've let themselves down, but that's the least of it. They've let our supporters down who've travelled here, and ultimately cost us the potential of getting a point or maybe three points because 11 against 10 we were on top and we had them.

"For something like that to happen is embarrassing. It's a joke, it's a disgrace."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38197601

8. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

Peter crouch please

mapleranger and Uber_Hoop like this.
  9. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Ticks a lot of boxes, not least being an experienced head. Also being an R's fan and someone most of us hold in high regard helps. Still has enough to offer for me as well. He's after his 4 PL goals to get to a hundred though so maybe the lure of another PL club might trump any advance from us.

10. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Wish we could sign this lad, seems the right sort.

Footballer Nile Ranger charged with fraud and money laundering
    Image copyright SOUTHEND UNITED FC
    Image captionNile Ranger, who currently plays for Southend United, will appear in court in London later
    A footballer has been charged over an alleged scam involving a vulnerable person's bank details being taken so their savings could be accessed.

Southend United striker Nile Ranger, 25, has been charged with conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering, police said.

The offences are alleged to have been committed in February 2015.

Mr Ranger, of Bounds Green, north London, is due to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court.

Read more on this story and other Essex news

He signed a new three-and-a-half year contract with League One side Southend United at the start of this month, having started his career at Newcastle United before moving to Swindon Town and then Blackpool.

He joined Southend in the summer after a trial, having not played a first-team game since November 2014 while at Blackpool.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-38315202

11. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bump....

Charlie Wyett

@CharlieWyett
    Aston Villa prepared to pay £9m for Brentford's Scott Hogan with Rudy Gestede set to go to WBA for £7m #avfc

8:56 AM - 20 Dec 2016

Just picked this up from the beeb website, may be utter bollox off course, but Villa are rumoured to be selling Gestede to Baggies for £7m and buying the Brentford striker Hogan for £9m.........so those on here that think we can pick up a 15 goal a season striker on the type of money we can afford might have to set their sights a little lower......this appears to be the going rate for a Championship striker.....

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Does that mean we can sell Washington for £7 to 9m? He's a championship striker isn't he, and a tournament international to boot.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  13. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

The word "striker" i's better connected with the Post Office than with Washington.

sb_73 and Wherever like this.
  14. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Now being linked with Millwall's Aiden O'Brien, unfortunately so are Fulham...

15. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Don't know anything about him, thought it was Gregory we looked at?

16. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Bump!

So the winter transfer window is now open. Any ITK's in the house? Personally IKFA so any interesting info is welcome and hopefully loads of it related to a striker<ok>

kiwiqpr and NorwayRanger like this.
  17. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Ollie has said some are leaving...Is that definate or hopeful thinking (Sandro and Caulker). See Henry linked to Millwall, Smithies to Villa, I expect we could sell Chery and Luongo if we wanted to, can see Conor, ElK and Gladwin could be looking for new clubs too ..I heard we are try to get Doughty and Furlong back.

Any other random thoughts

UTRs likes this.
  18. Jonqpr

Jonqpr Active Member

Perm deals not loans a must imo.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  19. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Make Pawel's loan a permanent deal. He has looked the business since he came here.

mapleranger likes this.
  20. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Think we'll be using the loan market rather than permanent deals, FFP still hanging over us. January won't be dull that's for sure.