1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer 2017 Transfer Window - In

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Know we went into summer time yesterday but blimey, still seems a bit early to be talking about the next transfer window. But the stories are starting.

First up is one from Turkey saying that we are more than just interested in Ferenbache striker Emmanuel Emineke.

upload_2017-3-27_20-52-57.jpeg

"Emmanuel Emenike 'den Fenerbahce ' to Fulham ... the administration allowed the Nigerian player to make a transfer interview. It is reported that Emenike going to London will meet Fulham managers here.Emenike, who has a contract for another season and earns 2.5 million euros, has been promised that the bonservisin will be given free of charge in case of an agreement with Fulham."

Source: http://www.fotospor.com/haber--emenikede-fulham-mujdesi-248104#.WNeIimO6FAs.twitter

A little bit confusing about him dashing over here since he's still on contract and not a free agent. Most probably something got lost in the translation and what is really meant is that Ferenbache have given us permission to talk to him with a view to a summer transfer.

The 29yr old Nigerian international spent some time at West Ham on loan last season; joining them in the January window. But that didn't work out. He then went to Turkey where it hasn't exactly worked out either; he's only had 17 games and managed 4 goals. Before all that however, he had two years at Spartak Moscow and that was a more productive time; he got 23 goals in 42 games.

No question the guy has a bagfull of skills though and can be a real handful. As evidenced in the obligatory video -

2. Cottager58

Next up is Abdul Aziz Tetteh, who is a midfielder with Lech Poznan in Poland.

upload_2017-3-28_9-37-53.jpeg

Apparently we have inquired about the availability of the Ghanaian. Tetteh, has played in 19 league games and scored one goal for Poznan who are 3rd on the Polish league table. He previously played for Greek side Platanias and has recovered from a shaky start to life in Poland to become one of the highly sort after midfielders in their league.

Jokanovic is reported to have told the Club's hierarchy that the Ghanaian is top of his transfer list, having flown to Poland to watch him twice.

The 26 year old can play in central midfield as either a deep lying defensive stopper, but has also revelled in the role of being able to go box to box, and it is this versatility which is attracting the Gaffer.

Source: http://ghanasoccernet.com/english-c...m-linked-with-ghanaian-midfielder-aziz-tetteh

3. Cottager58

Next up, according to the Sun, is Preston's left winger Callum Robinson.

upload_2017-3-29_10-45-42.jpeg

The 22 year old came through the Aston Villa academy and after a spell on loan with them went to Preston on a free last summer. The Sun report says we're willing to pay £1.5m for him, with the offer of a pay rise being the carrot for Robinson.

So far this season he's played 31 games, scored 8 and had 3 assists.

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Transfer priorities for the summer:

1. Sign a goalscoring striker who will fit our system and not be a big sulkypuss.
    2. Sign Kalas permanently
    3. Don't sell Cairney or Sessegnon

You could debate whether 2 or 3 is more important, but overall these are the big ones for me. After that you could add certain other positions - goalkeeper perhaps? left back? - but generally I think we've got as strong a squad as we've had since Al Fayed stopped putting his hand in his pocket. More options in certain positions wouldn't hurt, but we're well served for attacking midfield options, and Kalas seems to be the one who makes the other defenders look more comfortable. If we don't get him, we might need two or three good defensive signings in his place.

Cookie-6262 and Cottager58 like this.
  5. Cottager58

Reports from Turkey say that Emmanuel Emenike has been fined for missing training this week. They also suggest he's been transfer listed by Fenerbahce after he fell out of favour with manager Dick Advocate.

Source: http://turkish-football.com/fulham-target-takes-step-closer-to-fenerbahce-exit/

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

On the one hand, I guess that makes it more likely that we might sign him (although we who's to say that there aren't any other clubs after him?). On the other, a moody, sulky striker who misses training when he's decided he wants to go elsewhere. Ring any bells with anyone? Hmmm.

Cottager58 likes this.
  7. Cottager58

8. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Although I would like to see us go back in for Enrich or Mounie or both the latest rumour is we are interested in Ashley Fletcher of West Ham, he is young came through the Man United academy and had a great season in League 1 helping Barnsley to promotion two seasons ago.

9. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I expect Sigurdsson to move on this summer, so we can carry a developmental 4th centre back. We really need to either sign or replace Kalas though, before looking at possibly upgrading either Ream or our goalkeeper (Ream/Kalas seemed to lose confidence in Button).

Sadly I think Mounie may be out of our price range now and I am still unsure about signing a player who has a sex tape (Enrich)...

10. Cookie-6262

Lol what if he turns out to be like the original sex tape guy, Frank Lampard!! I would be happy with him he looks quality with an amazing work rate!

11. Cottager58

Fulhaman rates Enrich so that's good enough for me. However, think we burnt our whatsit by messing up his buy out clause and waiting till deadline day in the last window.

12. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

Yeah, just to be clear - I was rating Enrich's performance on the sex tape. As a footballer...

Captain Morgan and Bidley like this.
  13. Cottager58

We're being linked with Barnsley's midfielder Josh Scowen.

please log in to view this image

The 24 year old Enfield boy has turned down a new contract with them so is up for a 'free'. Paper reports say he's keen on moving to a club with better promotion prospects.

He got a striaght red when we beat them 4-2 at theirs back in October.

Source: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor.../future-fulham-brentford-aston-villa-13116466

14. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

I hear Enrich is banging them in night and day, good enough for me too!

Fulhaman likes this.
  15. Cookie-6262

A few noises on Twitter that Fulham are close to signing Jordan Hugill from Preston!! Could be true as were linked strongly in January. Can't see him being a main man but solid second choice, he had a good second half of the season last year think he got double figures, is 24 years old good in the air hard worker.

16. Cookie-6262

The other report from this morning is that Fulham have made an enquiry about Steve Mounie again. Personally think we missed the boat with him having been close to signing last summer, reports state West Brom have also enquired and Lyon are interested. Having had a great season last year his asking price has risen to €15 million

17. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I agree Cookie, I think we missed the boat. The positive spin is that our scouting seems to be pretty good, even if our financial negotiation is a little lacking - both Mounie & Enrich had good years. There must be other similar targets out there and I'm at least relatively comfortable that we'll sign someone decent.

18. Cookie-6262

I'm hoping we go back in for Enrich his value hasn't risen since January as he still has the same release clause which I think was €12 million. On the plus side the fact we are even looking at Mounie hopefully means we are going to spend big on a striker.

19. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I'm putting forward a player that I think would be good back up for McDonald, and it might be a surprise to people because of the team he played for, Rotherham, he has not signed a new Contract and is on a free Richard Smallwood. I've been impressed with him when we have played Rotherham, in fact Kirk Broadfoot would be a CB I'd also go in for.

Cottager58 likes this.
  20. Cookie-6262

I haven't been sure about the Hugill rumours as the sources on Twitter have been pretty unknown but our interest has been confirmed by Mirror sports writer Alan Nixon who I'm pretty sure was the guy who originally broke the news last summer that we had bid for Mounie, so he obviously has a bit of Intel.