1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer watch....

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

I also saw bendtner link

2. Spanish

Problem is, the blokes a fecking knob head

itfcptc likes this.
  3. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Complete opposite of the type of character that Mick has meticulously brought in since he came here. He was released from Wolfsburg because he hardly turned up for training and when he did he just dossed about. Certainly not something Mick would stand for.

itfcptc likes this.
  4. Spanish

Don't think there is anything in this, as Scowey says, not Mick's kinda player, toooooo disruptive l

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Cameron Stewart's contract has been cancelled.

6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Bidding for a striker and a winger apparently......Evans is dealing with it personally.....<doh>

7. Spanish

Where dya hear that weighty

8. Spanish

Plenty of creative players now but not one top striker imo.
    Even brentford splashing about 1.5 MIL on a player.
    I know some of Murphy money will go on wages but really hope we are gonna buy a player, no more loans please!

9. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Twitter.......

10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Winger could be Stanley Elbers but reports say his club want 2.5m so I doubt it.

11. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Looks like it's all over......another window where we make million pound bids that have no chance of being accepted to appear to be trying to invest.

12. Spanish

Weighty, that's very unlike you!
    Still think something will happen!

13. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

It's the bullshit dressed up as bad luck and over inflated prices...............if the club was honest with us I would have to accept it but lies that give hope and excitement are not right........

They say clubs know we have the 'Murphy money' so are putting the price up........3million is next to nothing in football and everyone knows it.......more bullshit......

San Diego and Spanish like this.
  14. Spanish

Totally agree, the club is bad from the top down, something needs to change but we all know that ain't gonna happen any time soon!

15. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

You have to put things into perspective. We are a club that is in debt to the tune of £70m+. It would be foolish to think that we can just spend our way out of this league. Now, I'm definitely not Mick's biggest fan, but you have to admire the way he goes about his business. Ok, the first year or two he bought some dross and played some dross football, but I think that this year his mentality has changed (lets hope we don't get another 5 goal spanking next Friday against reading to set us back again).
    We don't have the parachute payments to ridiculously splash out.
    If you have a look at the clubs that have spent big this year, they have all recently acquired a rich owner.
    If you judge us on how many points we get, compared to what we spend, then we will most definitely be in the top 2 - no other club that's been in the play offs has spent so little on transfers.

We are still a team in transition - feck me, how long has it taken other similar (and bigger) clubs to get promoted? You have the likes of Leeds, Wendy, Forest, Derby....all of them have spent big (huge in Derby's case), and where has it got them?

I do get really baffled sometimes - what do you guys actual want the club to do?
    yes, we all want our club to be an established premiership club, but then there's probably another 20-30 clubs that also think the same. We've finished 9th, 6th, and 7th in Mick's three full years - that aint bad for a club that's 70m in debt, and has spent next to nothing on transfers.
    Do you want to do a Derby and spend nearly 30m in just one season? We know that money doesn't buy success, unless you have a limitless pot like the Man City's of this world.

Personally, for me, I'm happy with the club is slowly improving.
    All I do wish, is that Mick starts to play a more attractive game - once he can get that right, then I think this could be our year.

San Diego and itfcptc like this.
  16. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

For the size of town/support we get I have completely realistic expectations of where we should be League-wise.On the basis that we are staying here I have frequently said I would just like us to play better football.Maybe this Season we will,I don't hold out great hopes of MM changing his style though,especially if things take a dip.

itfcptc likes this.
  17. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Good posts stretchy and big al <ok>

18. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Great post.

Just want to add, people will say " we sold Murphy for £3 mill where is the investment ? "

Apparently with loan fees and everything we've already spent £2 mill of that according to TWTD.

Interesting month ahead.

19. Spanish

Yeah but we have saved on Murphy, Stewart's and Piotr's wages, which the bigwigs fail to ****ing mention.
    Oh and how fecking stupid anyway, replace our best striker with loaners and in the process spunk two thirds of the money on giving other clubs players game time.
    At the end of the season we lose these players and also the money from the sale of Murphy,.lose ****ing lose imo.
    What makes it worse is that people are OK with this and are saying it was a good window, you couldn't make it up!!
    It's a fecking disgrace and just shows how clueless our owner and manager are!

20. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if we don't have some sort of "option" on Williams though. He's been here so many times and he seems to somehow keep slipping down the pecking order at Palace, there will come a point when he needs to leave.

I would expect that there is an agreement in place that we have 'first refusal' on him next summer, given both clubs the opportunity to assess how their seasons go and whether Williams can cope with a run of games. The classic "with a view to a permanent signing"

If he has a worldy, then he goes back (atleast we had him for a season)
    If he does ok, we probably sign him up (lot of potential to improve still)
    If he doesn't play/has a shocker, then we send him back with no great outlay (move on to other targets)

Also, Lawrence is without doubt not going to get a game for Leicester again and will be looking to move on next summer, again, a lot of potential to bring him into the squad with a view of signing him..