1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer thread Summer 2015

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, May 13, 2015.

1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

From the PinkUn: "At the moment he is training to get his fitness back up, obviously he missed a couple of weeks training from being suspended. He wasn’t at the club or training with any of the boys during that period."

You could call that 'training on his own, I suppose, but it wasn't at Colney.

2. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

I'm not calling it anything, just pointing out what the manager actually said.

Tony_Munky_Canary likes this.
  3. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

and in the "Alex 1v1" videos that the club post on social media, at 4.40 when asked if Lewis will play on Saturdat Alex clearly says "He won't be involved on Saturday, he's training on his own at the moment to get hisself fit after having missed erm a couple of weeks"

4. RiverEndRick

I meant no offence, Gandy. It was a general 'you' rather than you personally.

Ah, I think we're talking about different interviews then. Fair enough if he said that in the 1v1 video.

5. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Naismith scores 2 for Everton against The Champions. Wish we would have pushed earlier for him.

6. Phuketcanary

Phuketcanary Well-Known Member

Just read that ayew is potentially on 80k a week at Swansea. Bloody hell. Makes the whole idea of Swansea being transfer geniuses on a shoestring budget look less accurate. I feel like we seem to get some of the best value for money on salaries in the prem at the mo.

7. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

If that's true, then they've pulled right away from the chasing pack paying those sort of $'s. (sorry don't have a sterling symbol)

8. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

9. RiverEndRick

It's been picked up elsewhere now, but it still seems a long shot. His scoring record isn't that great, though at 20, he does already have 15 appearances for a good Belgian national side including the World Cup. One to watch perhaps.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  10. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Forgot_My_Lines likes this.

11. RobRoy

RobRoy Member

Do we really need one???

12. RiverEndRick

I'm not sure we do either. There is a possibility that AN may want a striker better suited to his tactics than Hooper and it's possible that Bournemouth could still be willing to pay£6m+ for Grabban, but if so, is Origi the answer?

13. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

If we're selling Hooper and/or Grabban, I'd rather we pushed the boat out for Afobe again.

14. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

...................and then not sign :emoticon-0102-bigsm

oldcanariesfan likes this.
  15. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Depends !! We don't need is another one who is a similar in standard to what we have. What we need, in my opinion, is to decide which one of Hooper, Laferty & Grabban we want to keep. Get rid of the other 2 and replace them with a striker of the same or better quality as Jerome. What we defiantly need is another CB.

RobRoy likes this.
  16. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I don't want to appear 'thick' but what does AN really mean when he says that Lafferty doesn't fit in with our style of play ? He's tall, strong, holds the ball up well and current form would suggest that he certainly knows where the onion bag is, is it just that his 'face doesn't fit' ?

17. RiverEndRick

I'm not sure, but I think AN sees Mbokani being capable of playing the lone-striker the way Jerome plays, holding the ball up and cutting it back for the mid-fielders running into the box. Lafferty is more the 'target man' type up front. His pace makes him an effective impact sub against tiring defences and he thrived in that role against WBA racing on to the ball and outpacing tiring defenders to score an excellent goal as well as helping to force the og. I suspect that will be his main function unless he can adapt his game to become an AN style striker. It's not surprising that many of his goals for NI have come late in the game, often on the break.

18. danary

danary Active Member

It might be a cushioned way of saying, "I don't think he's good enough."

19. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but he did everything that Grabban would have done under the same circumstances (except screw up the shot).

20. RiverEndRick

I was a bit disappointed with Mbokani yesterday, but then it is very early days and he is still settling in. I do wonder if Lafferty might have done better coming on against West Ham when they were chasing an equaliser. We'll never know about that though.