1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Flywhitehigh, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Flywhitehigh

Flywhitehigh New Member

Well, as of today some of the transfer rumours coming up are;

Pablo Osvaldo(£17m?!)
    Mebi Fehr
    DJ Campbell
    Tobias Hysen
    Jordan Slew
    Danny Ings

Right, to start off were fighting our ground with Spurs to get the Osvaldo signature. His scoring record over the years dosen't look amazing buts scored 13 in 24 with Espanyol and is capped for the Italian U21's earlier in his career. Apparently they've already turned down a £10m + £13m bid from the whites, so they're obviously sticking to there guns. The guys only 25, so maybe for a change we wont bring in the golden oldies and try a fresh young player.

For me, DJ Campbell would be a brilliant signing. He's proven in the PL(13 goals with Blackpool), when I went to go and watch Brentford he moved there from Hayes, he's quick fast and a good finisher, to me a much better Andy Johnson.

Also, a new one in this Danny Ings. A 19 year old Bournemouth striker, he caught the eye of one of Fulham's scouts overlooking how Dalle Valle played, and apparently may be brought here for around £1m.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

2. RobespierreFFC

If I'm honest the only one of these players I have heard of is DJ Campbell, who I think would be a good squad player, maybe could replace AJ if he goes. However I'm not convinced he is of the standard of zamora and dembele so would have to make do with some time on the bench. Osvaldo sounds interesting though I can't say I've seen him play so can't offer an opinion of him. Personally for strikers while this might be overly ambitious, I would really pull out the stops to try and get daniel sturridge. He won't play at chelsea and I think we are roughly his level. Furthermore, he can stay in west london so I think it would genuinely enhance his career. Is this realistic? Time will tell. However, I would suggest waiting till the sparky villa rumour goes away before making any new signings.

As for Danny Ings, best ask the Captain what he thinks as he follows Bournemouth quite closely.

3. WhatDoesWoyWant?

That's a great shout. He has proved he can play at the top level.
    What is the news on Kakuta, did his loan expire and 'end of', or are we looking to get him back..

4. CalumFFC

CalumFFC New Member

Im looking forward to see if we sign Osvaldo and DJ, two goalscoring strikers just what we need! Not sure about the other though, they sound like championship level.

5. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

If Osvaldo is £17 million we won't be seeing him round the Cottage any time soon.

6. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

not convinced about DJ Campbell. His tattoos aren't bad though!
    I haven't heard of the other players you refer to FWH.

7. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I'm encouraged to hear that we've bid over £10 million for a player, let's just hope he's not in the mould of Marlet/AJ.

8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I've given a full account of Danny Ings on the thread with his name on it. In summary: the lad's got talent and could go far. I'd be happy to see him at the Cottage.

9. Cottagecravens

DJ Campbell....played well last season...however struggled at Birmingham. Would be a risk to rely on him to get goals if you ask me. On the cheap not so much a risk but to start every game.

10. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

Dont be ridiculous we dont do 17m. I believe our record is 10m for AJ, and that turned out as a waste of money didn't it!

11. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I'm not so keen on DJ Campbell. Yes he did well this season, but his record at Birmingham? Plus I think he's 29. We need to go for a younger option please! Zamora, AJ and Gudjohnsen are all in their 30's....

12. FFC4L

FFC4L Member

I have it on good authority from a journalist in Holland that Mounir El Hamdaoui is not wanted at Ajax and that he is wanted by Martin Jol who has bought him twice (When at Spurs and Ajax).

El Hamdaoui formed a great Partnership with Dembele when AZ won the Dutch league and were a better combination than Suarez and Huntelaar of Ajax. Then moved to Ajax and formed a good partnership with Suarez. Looks a good bet. We could get him on the cheap too. Still fairly young at 26.

13. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

He looks good, but ?? injury prone

14. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Martin Jol may have burnt his boat with Ajax when he left them, so getting El Hamdaoui may be tough. On the other hand he seems to have sulked a bit last season and Ajax need the cash and want to get rid.

15. FFC4L

FFC4L Member

Heard that 5 million is the price. Take him. That is a bargain.

16. trickytree29

trickytree29 Member

Forest fan in peace, thers a strong rumour going around that were trying to sign Jonathan Greening from you, just wanted to see how you rated him and what his strengths and weakness's are?

17. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

good championship player for you. solid. Just didn't get the breaks last season. Good squad player for us.

18. WhatDoesWoyWant?

On a negative point he gets loads of pointless bookings, but works hard. I think he's a good player

19. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

I wouldn't have minded Greening staying on next season, the last few games he played he was superb. At his age, I doubt a loan would be beneficial to us though, I can see maybe 1-2 million coming our way.

20. FFC4L

FFC4L Member

El Hamdaoui is joining Fulham on a 4 million deal in that will be completed in the next few days. Might not be announced till Jol gets back from his holiday on 20 June. (Though it might be announced but he won't be unveiled until Jol is back.)