1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

I think we 'ended interest' a while ago when it became clear that he didn't want to come.

2. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

We won't get Keita or VvD....and definitely not Mbappe.

We (I) need to get used to that idea. I'm sure that the club have already moved on (if any of them were ever realistic) and are focussed on other options.

Bastards.

Bumps likes this.
  3. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Really want us to move away from VVD. It's ridiculous.

How many scouts do we have, how much are they being paid and what the **** are they doing? Kids who are 5 years old can tell you he's a good player. It's an obscene price for someone with his limited record in the PL and just missed a few months with a serious injury. For £70million, there should be plenty of CB's around who'd improve us equally or even more so and for a club of this size, I'd expect them to find them. Or at least stalk Saints' scouts who are clearly way ahead of our lot.

Zanjinho and Bumps like this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

one of them is Jonathon woodgate who is apparently an expert on Portugal and Spain :)

i kid you not.

no wonder we've outsourced recruitment to Southampton.

5. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

If people think our whole team of backroom staff are solely focused on VVD then you're being a little bit stupid tbh.

organic red likes this.
  6. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Yeah, it's the complete Southampton setup, not just one player

Bumps, ademuzzy, Garlic Klopp and 4 others like this.
  7. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool are believed to have several concerns about a potential deal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
    • Liverpool are unable to guarantee Chamberlain regular first team football
    • Chamberlain also wants a significant wage increase
    • Liverpool have poor relationship with Chamberlain’s agent
    • They’re prioritising other targets
    Several reports indicated that Liverpool were prepared to pay £25m to sign Chamberlain this summer. However, the Daily Star has claimed there would be a number of problems with the deal.

There are doubts about how much first-team football Chamberlain would receive at Liverpool with the Reds already possessing a number of midfield options, including new signing Mohamed Salah

Several reports indicated that Liverpool were prepared to pay £25m to sign Chamberlain this summer. However, the Daily Star has claimed there would be a number of problems with the deal.

There are doubts about how much first-team football Chamberlain would receive at Liverpool with the Reds already possessing a number of midfield options, including new signing Mohamed Salah.

In addition, Chamberlain is reportedly looking for a substantial increase his current wages, which Liverpool aren’t prepared to pay. To compound matters, Chamberlain’s agent, Aidy Ward, has a poor relationship with Liverpool after his involvement in Raheem Sterling’s departure.

Ward’s aggressive approach to securing a move for his clients does not seem to go down well with clubs, as Arsenal are discovering. All this means that Liverpool are prioritising other targets.

Meanwhile, the Star also report there’s been progress in contract talks between Arsenal and Chamberlain.

8. Skylarker

^^^ Daily Star. Ignore 100% of the article <laugh>

Bumps likes this.
  9. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Still think we should avoid dealing with Ward after the way he behaved with Sterling.

10. Skylarker

Yeah true, let's just avoid The Ox all together really.

Fairly pointless transfer imo.

11. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I can't see what he would add to a top 8 side. He wants to play CM and he just isn't good enough

12. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

The OX is like Barklay - world at their feet three years ago, but injuries, weight issues and suchlike sees them looking like they're taking the Rodwell path.

13. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I think they have it in them to turn it round, but they can't think they will get a step up first without taking a step down/sideways first.

I was thinking Ox was worth a gamble if Koeman was going for a front three, an improvement on Mirallas.....but now??!!

* Record Points Total likes this.
  14. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

No he's not. He never joined us or if he did was onlyfor short period.

15. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Don't forget ex saints players like oclade chamberlain!

Peej likes this.
  16. moreinjuredthanowen

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37043831

It happened. I believe he's now a first team coach at Boro which is why they went down.... but he only left 2 months ago.

My point was the travesty that allowed a no nothing to be appointed a scout for a region he was in for a brief time as a hilarious real Madrid joke...

That's lfc scouting for you.

17. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

See I think thats the problem. I think CB is going through one of those phases were there are relatively few 'better than good' players and the ones who are are already settled at big clubs or would cost a similar price and/or in there 30s and don't represent value.
    I keep asking people on here who else is there out there who would improve us to such an extent as VvD. All I've got is 'we not scouts' which maybe true, but if there were these players out there people would know.

18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Well, we're not scouts, that's kind of the point! Only way someone can answer your question is if they watch every league in the world (maybe Jimmy is your man?)

You don't need to be a scout to know about Van Dickface, so the question is... what are our scouts actually doing?

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  19. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

I don't watch the French league yet I know who Mbappe is, I don't watch Spanish football but I know who Griezman is.

I'm not asking people to name some undiscovered superstar, just a realistic alternative who be as good as VvD.

Think its clear our scouts are all based on the South Coast.

20. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Do we have a chance of signing Mbappe (despite paper talk) or Griezman?

Personally, I don't watch any other league. I don't even watch that much PL football anymore, mainly just our games.

I certainly couldn't name a realistic CB target from abroad (ie; a non-superstar).

Any player in the PL is ridiculously expensive.

My point is more that people should be entitled to an opinion on Van Dickface without having to provide an alternative. It's not like Klopp is listening or our opinion matters.

PS...I do think we should be looking to sign Ruben Neves from Porto though (saw a few times a couple of years ago but links seem to have gone stale since)