1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bozz, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Yep I agree - he won't make it. But people want to constantly make digs when he wasn't that bad.

Especially when his replacement has been just as bad if not worse for 5-6 months, and our LCB who makes even more mistakes but yet no one bats an eyelid.

I want fairness ...

2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I know how you feel sometimes... but i really don't think Milner has been worse than Moreno. In fairness i will say i think it's probably a different in views on how you like your fullbacks. You like them to make a difference up front whereas we like them to be more solid at the back.

As for Lovren, apart fron Zanjihno i don't think many stick up for him. They all know he's ****. He just happens to be a Klopp favourite. Also Lovrens mistakes aren't the giant gaping holes that Moreno leaves behind :p

3. Jimmy Squarefoot

This is the thing - Milner has made a lot of errors and has left far more space than Moreno. It doesn't get covered. Milner mistakes are more subtle than the bloopers than Moreno does.

Same as Lovren - his positioning is the worst I have ever seen from a Liverpool centre back. This guy alsmodt single handedly cost us top 4.

4. astro

astro Well-Known Member

First signing:

5. The IncREDibles

The IncREDibles Well-Known Member

You can make a case for Milner's mistakes being the result of fatigue rather than poor tactical awareness. In klopp's style of play, high energy is integral.for the fullback as they have to do two jobs at times

Its a moot point anyway because no matter how good or bad he has been, he shouldnt even be playing there. I've despaired at times over our inability to rotate our midfield more because we have a midfielder that has no choice but to play at left back.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  6. Jimmy Squarefoot

As you say, he's not even a left back lol.

He's not a good CM either. He's very lucky because left back is the only position he could play in if he wanted to be in the teamZ.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

Slightly unfair... I have seen many worse than him.... sadly you must have missed our torben piechnik or Bjorn kvarme...theres lots more too.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  8. moreinjuredthanowen

Someone should log this and track the updates.

InBiscanWeTrust likes this.
  9. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Milner's not the best LB we've ever seen, but at least he's got a brain. He's not going to kick a lump out of someone or push them over 25 yards from our box and give them a needless opportunity.

We need game intelligence and Moreno has none of it.

I'd love a new LB to start, but I'd worry that it would push Milner into a starting CM role - Klopp likes him.

10. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Nah. Don't see Milner being a starter in midfield. He'll be a nice option to have in the middle at times though, definitely composed on the ball.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

Milner.... he's just.... I dunno. If Lucas goes as he should do we need a slow guy who fouls all the time to come on after 80mins and shut down games.

I agree not a starter, not if we have a choice with coutinho there

12. Jimmy Squarefoot

No chance Milner moves into midfield - we've been trying to sign Dahoud and Keita, as well as moving Lallana and Coutinho in there as well.

Left back is the only spot for Milner.

13. saintKlopp

I consider myself to be fair (don't we all?). I wanted Moreno to do well, and I'd back him even now if he showed signs of turning it around.
    He seems a nice guy and a willing worker, but really, he has no football brain - and I'm not sure anything can be done about that.

Jimmy Squarefoot and BobbyD like this.
  14. LuisDiazgamechanger

Luke Shaw will reportedly learn of Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho's plans for him before the end of May amid speculation Liverpool are interested in the left-back.

According to The Mirror's James Nursey, Shaw will soon be told if he has a future at Old Trafford now the UEFA Europa League final is out of the way and the Red Devils' campaign is over.

Nursey added the 21-year-old, who wants to remain at United, is wanted by Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City.

Shaw has made just 47 appearances in three seasons at Old Trafford due to frequent struggles with injury.

15. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

No thanks to Luke ****ing Shaw. If utd even considered selling him to us, it's an indication of how ****e he really is.

16. LuisDiazgamechanger

Jurgen Klopp has admitted Liverpool's transfer business is likely to take longer to conduct than he would like this summer.

The Anfield manager brought in all of his new faces before his squad reported for the start of pre-season training on July 20 last year.

Back then, Sadio Mane, Joel Matip, Georginio Wijnaldum, Ragnar Klavan, Loris Karius and Alex Manninger were all recruited despite the European Championships also taking place in France.

Although there is no such obstacle in that respect this time, the German concedes he is unlikely to have each new addition in place before his players report to begin building up to the 2017/18 campaign.

Attached Files:

17. Jimmy Squarefoot

Alex Manninger is to retire from professional football at the end of his #LFC contract.

Interview here: lfc.tv/AY7Q

18. moreinjuredthanowen

knew this last year... nothing new here.

going coaching

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Who even knew he was still playing?

20. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

<laugh>