1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer News

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by COOPS, May 15, 2011.

1. COOPS

COOPS New Member

Any Charlton Transfer news as yet?

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Not that I know of- but apparently most of the lower leagues are already on holiday so not sure if we will hear much right now.

3. houndal

houndal Member

Dont hold your breath ;)

4. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

heard a rumour Benson going back to the Daggers

5. Dick Van Dykes Disco Dungarees

Did he really cost £250K ???

6. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

I hope not Mike... i like Benson and reckon that he'll do a job for us up top with BWP...

I very much doubt he cost us anywhere near 250k...!!

7. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Apart from Mambo, Davisson and Harriott and our mystery Spaniard from Real Halesowen, everything seems ominously quiet.

Other sides in the division seem to have been quicker off the mark; primarily tying up their out-of-contract players, something we seem a little relaxed about doing.

Undoubtedly the surprise signing so far is Nolberto Solano going to Hartlepool. Even at 36, this could be a key signing - should put a couple of thousand on the crowd anyway.

We have made a bid for Danny Green at The Daggers - my one (tenuous) contact over the other side of the water says that the club are keen, but he's not - I can't substantiate that BTW. The same contact says that Benson will cost us £250k eventually, but not just yet. I can't substantiate that either, I'm just an old rumour monger really.

8. Matt Mev Evans

The mysterious spanish bloke is Ruben Bover Izquierdo and is a "tricky winger" he also had an unsucessful trial at QPR earlier in the season. According to facebook we have signed him untill the end of the 2010/11 season, so I guess that is pre-season? He has also put his employee information on facebook and it says "Charlton Athletic" so I guess he is ours, also Callum Harriot and Tamer Tuna have both been speaking to him. Thoughts?

9. Matt Mev Evans

Just had a nice conversation with him on facebook too, he couldnt say how long he has signed for but he did say he's a winger but likes to play upfront. Asked him about Semedo as well and he said that he talks to him alot but Semedo still knows nothing about contract negotiations :/ bit worrying. He also said that Semedo is always talking to Ronaldo, haha. He also said he would be attending the pre-season tour of spain and that he was very excited about it due to the fact that he is Spanish.

10. Tewkesbury Addick

Evening Matt - what's worrying me about this is that despite his tweeting and facebook status changes, there's been no official announcement yet. I posted some details of him on 606 about a fortnight ago and thought we might have heard something more from the club. I can only think there's been a hitch somewhere, or another club got wind that we were interested and gazumped us.

11. Tewkesbury Addick

Sorry, our posts just crossed. He seems confident enough that he's our player, so why the reticence from the club? You'd think they'd want to start throwing us signs of movement, wouldn't you?

12. Matt Mev Evans

Yeah the club seem to be useless at announcing deals however Ruben did seem pretty certain that he will be with us for pre-season, whether thats on a short term contract or just a trial we dont know. Im not too worried about clubs stealing him at the moment because we dont actually know if he is any good yet, I guess we will have to wait till our first game. I just want some news on Semedo and Racon!!

13. Matt Mev Evans

Im not sure why the club havent announced it, maybe he is just on trial then? Yeah Im constantly checking and waiting for some kind of signing or contract renewal. I think I speak for most when I say that we are all expecting to see some kind of 'big signing' (for league 1 anyway). Lets just hope so.

14. Tewkesbury Addick

This is the stuff I posted a couple of weeks ago -

...here's a net conversation about Ruben Bover-Izqierdo

http://www.kidderminsterharriers.com/supareds/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewthread;fid=1;gtid=105459

Just contacted a bloke who goes to Kidderminster regularly.

He said "it always looked as if he was destined for bigger things, so why has he joined you?" Yes, very droll.

He echoed what was said on the Kiddie conversation page, he needs a few pies in him, but was quick and skilful - couldn't comment on his tackling as he never saw him make one...

15. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Slater wants to "Put the club on a secure finanacial footing", Which is fair enough, Richard Murray should have done this years ago. I also interpret this to mean they won't be spending much, to reduce the wage bill. So my expectations aren't exactly sky-high.

16. houndal

houndal Member

C'mon guys get real. This club has for years given absolutely Jack S**t when it comes to keeping fans updated. I dont know why you think it would be any different under new ownership.
    They only ever put their heads above the parapet when they are handing round the begging bowl.
    One thing is for sure - any news will be first in the tabloids.

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

This.

18. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

19. brb

brb Guest

Gone ^^^ <laugh>

20. Nathcafcbysea

Nathcafcbysea Member

Dont know if anyone will remember him from pre season last year.... Guillem Bauza? Played in The AFC Wimbledon friendly and welling, looked a good shout, has now ended up at Exeter for next year! Scored 3 in 10 for Northampton