1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer news.

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Jun 2, 2017.

1. gillingham kangaroo

gillingham kangaroo Active Member

My mate is a season ticket holder at Yeovil.He says Lacey is a good signing and Eaves is not .Yeovil fans were expecting him to transfer to Weymouth or Dorchester .Lets hope he`s wrong but his goal tally don`t fill me with confidence.

2. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Pay peanuts..........

grumpygit and brb like this.
  3. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I'm trying hard to keep a open mind until I've seen him play, people will often perform in one club or setup, yet not in another. I'll give him 10 minutes to impress before I write him off. :emoticon-0136-giggl

itstimupnorth likes this.
  4. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Sounds fair.......

5. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Gills interested in Levin Nyatanga been released by Barnsley would be a good signing,

6. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

Can't see why we would be interested in yet another centre back? We've got 2 new ones plus Max Ehmer. We'd be better off getting a replacement for
    Cody and Dack

7. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

But you need at least 4 first team quality centre backs, to have both competition for places and cover for absences and that's if you are playing with 2, if you play with 3 (which we might) then you need 5 at least.

8. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

With funds now in i think we might see a couple of signings before end of of week, all the deals we probably inplace we just needed the Dack cash to finish the deals off i think 1 CF to replace Cody and maybe a winger who is a different question.

I think a decent wedge of Dack's money will be reinvested in the squad but more than likely got towards wage costs rather than a transfer fee. Maybe 1 day we will beat the 600k for Asaba not any time soon though.

9. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

10. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Please, please, please, come and take that useless, ooops, I mean very talented Steven Naismith off us.

11. AshfordGill

Ady's attempt to make us the biggest team in the league continue with signing of 6'3 striker Conor Wilkinson from Bolton - His goal scoring record once again is nothing to write home about!

12. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Think he is better than the yeovil striker.
    Hoff ball next season then

13. brb

brb CR250

Oh jeez, Taylor written all over it.

14. AshfordGill

Why would any body be surprised that we would go big. Ady is a pupil from the Pulis school of management I expect us to be very reliant on set pieces next season, but anyone here wanna knock Tony P? Not me thats for sure.

How many more players do people think we will sign? I think another 4 are required and hopefully they will be quicker and more technical players, maybe 2 more permanent signings and a couple of loans

brb likes this.
  15. Gil Lingam

Gil Lingam ex-pat

16. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Worryingly though about Wilkinson is that I've seen fans from Bolton, Barnsley and Chesterfield all calling him "Billy Big Bo****ks" and that he's got a terrible attitude. Now I'm sure Pennock stated that they would be doing their homework on the players in terms of their character as well as their fitness record. If fans from 3 different clubs he has played for recently all have stated he's got an attitude problem, then that doesn't bode well.

17. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I hope we haven't recruited JE-T 2.
    Previous clubs, Bolton, Barnsley & Chesterfield show Wilkinson going 'downhill' very quickly ( all that at the age of 22 ). With Gillingham, has he found his 'natural' level or can we hope that AP can point out that the next club might be in the National League.
    If Wilkinson has had the wrong attitude, we can't afford to carry passengers or recruit disruptive elements [again]. I do find it surprising that coaching staff from 'bigger' clubs have not grabbed him by the proverbials and got his head sorted........................... I await to see if we've got a new John Marquis or a Joe Quigley !

18. AshfordGill

Supporters comments are not always the best gauge of a player, I have seen plenty of comments from Chesterfield fans who would have liked him back, maybe the bitter ones are annoyed he chose us over them. He hardly got a chance at Bolton so not sure how much their fans know about him. I can think of plenty of players our supporters have slagged off when leaving who have done alright elsewhere some of whom also did well for us , but because they left the fans think it best to suggest that they always had attitude or thought themselves too big for the club etc...

19. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

A Millwall fan at work has also said he's a bit of a big boll**ks. He wouldn't sign a new contract with them because apparently he didn't get enough first team opportunities. Maybe that's confidence in his own ability though

20. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

6 foot 5 defender Ben Nugent was added to the ranks yesterday on a one year deal. Another player signed from League 2 Crewe but we now have plenty of cover at CB unlike last season.

brb likes this.