1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer goss and rumours, Summer 2016.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Better hope Donuts doesn't spot that, he'll tear into you!! ;)

2. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

He's not like that is he!?

I always thought he was a nice little boy!

3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Savaged by a dead sheep springs to mind! <laugh>

4. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

He was gamboling around like a new-born lamb until the other day when you verbally flayed him to death ;)

5. canary-dave

I spoke nothing but the truth!

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Yep cyber bullied by Captain senile I'm still smarting now .

Goodnight IFL <hug>
    Goodnight everybody <hug>
    Goodnight Cromer <smooch>

Good morning from a bright and blustery North London.

And repeat
    And repeat
    And repeat
    And repeat

7. canary-dave

What a strange way you have of ignoring me <doh>

Talking of Strangeways, isn't that where they send stalkers?

8. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

See Dave and Cromer! He's a sweetie! Just got to give him a chance! :emoticon-0109-kiss:

9. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Can I just put a bit of realism forward.
    a) When Clubs are relegated from the Premiership they have extra costs - Premiership squads on high wages etc - and decreased revenue - no Sky money etc - and that is what parachute payments are for. They are not for the purpose of unnecessary player purchases.
    We all realise that there has been a significant drop in income but a large proportion of this is covered with relegation clauses in contracts. We also did not use the funds for unnecessary player purchases, in fact we didn't even quite manage to get the necessary ones!
    b) Naismith is not a bad player and about to be sold, dropped or executed as some on here want. The stats indicate this and many outside experts quote Naismith as a main reason for suggesting that Norwich have a strong chance of promotion. I have only seen the 2 matches on Sky and in both games I thought that the interplay between Naismith and Wes was the highlight of both games.
    I kinda agree, Naismith is still a decent player and if he gets his head in the right place could be important. I and others don't think he is justifying his place, not because he is doing nothing right, but because his selection is pushing other players like Wes out of position and I really don't think it is working and would rather see Wes, Pritchard (Only just available) in this top influencing position because Naismith hasn't exactly pulled up trees there.
    c) We haven't signed another striker and don't need one unless Lafferty or Morris are sold or loaned out. 4 choices for the 1 up front supported by our numerous AM options is more than adequate.
    Wrong, wrong, WRONG! The manager would rather play Naismith out of position, one in which he looked like molusk out of water, than play either Lafferty or Morris. Do you think the manager thinks he has 4 viable options? Do you think the manager got what he wanted? And did we improve our lot?
    d) Whittaker as 3rd choice option at full back and Turner as 5th choice CB are far better options than most Clubs in those roles especially as both are only on 1 year contracts.
    I actually agree with you on this, our CB options are good at this level, the time to recruit is if upon promotion, get big Timm a PL CB partner. Unfortunitely Whittaker has had to play and even though he has performed OK in the Championship before, he no longer looks a player we can trust, but as 3rd choice (Though i'd rather see Godfrey play ahead of him) he is passable.
    e) As much as we all like to see home grown talent progress Toffolo is not much of a prospect. He has had periods on loan to lower league Clubs without getting rave reviews - unlike the Murphys and Maddison - and he has not impressed in his under23 games. His latest loan spell away is probably make or break unlike Maddison who is just getting game time at a decent level because his chances of game time here are fairly limited especially with the availability of Pritchard.
    I agree again here, the few times I have seen toffolo and from further reviews, I don't think he is Championship standard. Not yet, maybe down the line, but he is a pretty poor defender. I also think sending Maddison on loan was a sensible move having got Pritchard and with it a 3rd player ahead of Maddison in the pecking order. Do I think we should have bought Pritchard to then fail to get the frontline striking option that AN seemed so keen to sign and we so obviously need? No not for me, but I am glad to have Pritchard none the less.
    f) A real blow to finish. The Chip Inn at Long Stratton is unofficially up for sale. The ownership position is a bit complicated but Chris, who is the main owner and does most of the frying, wants to sell up and retire.
    That surprises me greatly, I thought Jamie would have been all set to take over and continue to keep it in the family. Can't blame Chris of course if they sold up I'm sure it would bring him a very comfortable retirement. I guess I don't know how the ownership is split, but both Paul and Glynn I guess could be approaching a similar early retirement option if they wanted it too.
    This is potentially very bad news <wah>

Bah!

10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I CERTAINLY agree with your views on Whittaker and unless Olsson is fit tomorrow, I expect hell be our LB!!!!

11. marknemo

marknemo Active Member

I don't disagree with any of the above and I am certainly no expert on football finances but I guess I thought we might have a bit of money in the kitty more from our net spend over the last 3-4 seasons. If you also include the money we saved on wages by not signing Klose/Naismith until January that would cover their wages for the firts half of this season anyway.

Like I said, i am not an expert but I would have thought we might have had a bit left. I feel like we do have some and its the best move the club can publicly make. They obviously didn't want to say they had the money but failed to bring in another striker and saying there's no money left may allow us to negotiate harder in the next window.

Just my thoughts, not sure if anyone else feels similar?

12. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

My issue with the CB's is not that Turner isn't a very good 5th choice option at this level. My issue is that he is too good as a 5th choice option. I would rather lose him as our 5th choice and also Bassong or Martin (Ideally Bassong because Martin can do a job a RB & CB if we're desperate) in order to upgrade our 2nd choice CB.

I would have preferred our CB options to be Klose, New CB, Bennett, Martin, Godfrey instead of what we've got.

JM Fan likes this.
  13. General Melchett

I get what your saying, I just don't think we can make significant improvements on Bennett or Martin at this level. The time to get Tim a new partner is when we get promoted.

Bah!

JM Fan and canary-dave like this.
  14. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Is this guy Hell a new player Braveheart? Never heard of hin, but probably fron Bavaria.

JM Fan likes this.
  15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I need to read - "Eats Shoots and Leaves!!"

canary-dave likes this.
  16. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Naismith, "like a Mollusc out of water"
    Some wee came out!! <laugh>

17. General Melchett

What position does this Bavarian "Hin" play?

Bah!

18. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Bavarian? Are you sure he doesn't have a streak of South Korean in him?

19. General Melchett

Thats what I thought, but GE said "Never heard of hin, but probably fron Bavaria" Maybe there is no Hin, but Hell is actually a nickname for Fron Bavaria, not sure where he's from?

Bah!

20. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

South Korean? Maybe he's got some Dalmation or Alsatian in him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.