1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer goss and rumours, Summer 2016.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So, as a less than illustrious season draws to a close, we ask ourselves what will next season bring.
    All a little premature, I hear you cry, as we don't yet know which division we'll be in...or do we? :emoticon-0112-wonde
    Anyone on this list who might be able to do a job?
    http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=445366

2. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ekstrand maybe, but I suspect Watford will keep him on. Not a great deal else to get excited over!

3. Russ Martin 2

Russ Martin 2 Active Member

Big decision: Do we look to bounce back straight away as the yo-yo continues to go up and down or do we look to the long-term and try to build something?

4. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

What has happened to Leon Osmond? He was the bright young thing a few years ago.

5. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

Do we have a choice?

6. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

He played against us in the league cup game at Everton, scored their goal and played really well. Worried about the Naismith connection, we don't want another player just looking for a final payday!

JM Fan likes this.
  7. NCFC Dorset Branch

NCFC Dorset Branch Active Member

Morrison maybe?

8. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

What Clinton or Jim ? <yikes>

9. NCFC Dorset Branch

NCFC Dorset Branch Active Member

Ha! James.

10. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Hurts me to say it but there seems to be a sense of inevitability surrounding NCFC's fate whereas both Newcastle and Sunderland seem to have that thread of belief that if they scrap hard enough, it's just possible?
    That pains me the most :(

ilovedelia likes this.

11. ilovedelia

Jim please, at least we'd get some decent music at haff time.
    You could see it coming!

12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

I think that if you do in fact get relegated then i can see someone snapping up Redmond i really can....

13. ilovedelia

Wouldn't get too excited by him, he only turns up about 1 in 4 games. He should be a legend at this club by now, but just doesn't seem interested most of the time!

JM Fan likes this.
  14. marknemo

marknemo Active Member

Its amazing that looking at the list of "free players" that we turn our noses up a bit - I must admit that I do this too. Leicester have shown what can be achieved shopping on scraps, most of us wouldn't have wanted Huth or Morgan this year!

We have been burnt buy spending reasonably large sums every time we have done it as far as I can remember, maybe its time to work a little differently.

Totally contradicting myself, however, I think we all knew we needed a CB/ST upgrade. Looking at the difference that Klose has made I cant believe we haven't tried to bring in someone sooner even if it was a top end championship CB with the potential to develop. My priorities would be a new CB if we keep Klose and 2 if we Can't. I would keep Bennett as he has potential but does seem to pick up a few injuries. as for strikers, I am not sure what the answer is. I think it would be foolish to let CJ go if we are relegated as a replacement would be expensive and maybe hes got another good Championship season in him.

JM Fan likes this.
  15. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Not that we need much cover in midfield but the only players to catch my eye were all midfielders, and from Arsenal

Mathieu Flamini
    Mikel Arteta
    Tomás Rosicky

16. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

On the assumption that we are back in the Champ then we will lose our loan strikers and we will clearly need replacements as we will only have Jerome as a proven out and out striker at that level. Can't see Lafferty or the Wolf ever wearing yellow and green again so we will require a goal scorer to get us 20 plus if we are to challenge for immediate promotion.

I'd love to see us get another Klose quality CB but the reality is we won't be able to attract players of that calibre unless we are in the Prem or racing away with the league come the January window.

I think that if we can keep the squad intact and hold on to Brady and Klose and augment with at least one finisher then we will have enough to post a serious challenge for promotion next season.

17. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Urgh.
    Nope.

marknemo likes this.
  18. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Rumour has it we'll hear lots of gossip throughout the summer, sign a couple of freebies and a promising youth before finding September has arrived without a CB or Striker and we'll loan someone no better than we already have!

Bah!

KIO, marknemo, K E M P and 5 others like this.
  19. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

For a decent sum, say ~£10m, I think most would happily wave him farewell. Yes he's talented, but he doesn't show it consistently enough and is not a core member of our squad. If selling him means we can keep hold of more important players, like Klose, Howson, etc, then I'm all for it.

marknemo and ncgandy like this.
  20. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I think next year could be an important year for Wolfswinkel, lets face it his career has gone sailing down the toilet. Maybe it's time he dropped down a league and stayed with us in the championship, hopefully rediscover some of his goal scoring and confidence.

The only 2 on that list I would consider would probably be Carrick and Carroll, neither of which would come to us. Maybe Delaney to beef up the defence but with the Ipswich connection I doubt that would be popular

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.