1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Deadline Day

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 31, 2016.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

WHEN DOES THE WINDOW SHUT?
    The Spanish FA announced last week their deadline would be extended by 24 hours to link up with other major European leagues, so they have until 11pm GMT tomorrow to wrap up any deals. Elsewhere...
    • England - 11pm Monday
    • Spain - 11pm Monday
    • France - 11pm Monday
    • Italy - 10pm Monday
    • Germany - 5pm Tuesday

Interim @bcfctweets boss John Pemberton confirmed the club are trying to bring in more players ahead of Monday's transfer deadline.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Andy Stockhausen ‏@AndyStockhausen 22h22 hours ago West Bromwich, England
    John Pemberton on his own position as interim boss, he said there was "no change" and that he would "carry on" until told otherwise.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

McCORMACK CLOSE TO EXTENSION
    Sky Sources: Ross McCormack is close to agreeing an improved extended contract at Fulham.
    Fulham rejected a transfer request from the Scottish forward earlier in the week, according to Sky sources, amid serious interest from Middlesbrough.
    Boro are understood to have had two bids rejected for him in the winter transfer window.

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

7. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Same old same old stuff. On a positive note the stadium is starting to look real good, shame about the team though.

Back on the window transfers, does anyone believe that we will bring in actual signings or is it just an opening salvo from Ashton? By my calculations, and being so far from the scene, I think we have spent 300K total on player(s) and the rest are loanees - is that close to fact or did I miss something? Talk about permanent signings, as our new executive Ashton has stated, seems to have gone out the window (pardon the pun) and the expectations look to have gone as well.

If this is as far as we go in our transfer market dealings then I am extremely disappointed and fear for the worst. It looks like some our newbies fit the bill, based on match comments from 606 posters, and that's all very well and good but I get the distinct impression that many are disillusioned by the overall team capability and quality. So many comments from some of you show that some players from last season just aren't up to the task and the initial hype over Kodjia has dissipated in to thin air because he apparently needs so many chances to even come close to scoring.

I have seen very little news on the outgoing front and is that because nobody is going to leave Ashton Gate, or is it because we will just keep the lesser players to maintain squad numbers? All in all it would appear that another transfer window will pass us by with barely a whiff of excitement or hope injected in to our team and the corporate maze just gets more confusing by the minute. Who, if anybody, is controlling the whip and if it is either, or both, of the Ashton and Pemberton tandem then watch out for the fall coming our way. When Cotts was sacked I had a premonition that this was exactly the approach we would take which took us past the road leading to sanity and sound decision making. As far as our new manager is concerned I believe he is already on board and the voyage from here on is going to be difficult if not impossible.

Does anyone on here truly believe that we all will be shocked with the dealings in the next 24 hours or so, or will it be our usual lacklustre approach to the final run in?

8. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Rhodes that's left BBurn a bit heavy on attack! been buying up a couple of strikers expecting him to go! expect renogiation of fee to include wage boost? or another club willing to pay more! Other thing of course is if a player goes on to a shorter contract good for bad for the club!!!

9. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Blimey inver you need to get some happy pills ... :emoticon-0100-smile

RedorDead likes this.
  10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

ROVERS' RHODES STATEMENT
    Puzzled by the breakdown in Jordan Rhodes' move to Middlesbrough? Blackburn have attempted to shed some light with this statement...
    "The striker travelled to Teesside yesterday to undergo a medical and for discussions over a potential move, but has now returned to Rovers.
    "Manager Paul Lambert said: 'After a fee was agreed between the two clubs, Jordan asked to go and speak to Middlesbrough. This is the third window now where he has wanted to go and we felt it was right to give him that opportunity.
    "'After securing a good deal for the club, which would have enabled me to rebuild the squad, we allowed him to leave the team hotel on Friday night, but it appears that he could not agree personal terms with Middlesbrough.'"

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

CHOICE OF TWO FOR McGEADY
    Sheffield Wednesday
    have a Sky Bet Championship rival for the loan signing of Aiden McGeady, Roberto Martinez has confirmed.
    Wednesday agreed a deal with Everton on Saturday to take the Republic of Ireland winger on loan for the rest of the season, according to Sky sources.
    A statement on Everton's website mentioned Leeds and Blackburn as other interested parties, and Martinez said: "It seems very close.
    "We've agreed terms with two teams in the Championship. It's just a matter of time before one of the deals is clinched."

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

DEMBELE DEAL OFF
    Striker Mousa Dembele's move from Fulham to Tottenham is off, according to Sky sources.

14. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Richard O'Donnell on a permanent deal to free up a loan place, would be nice to tie Baker as well but that one could be tricky.
    A new striker in the form of a goal poacher and possibly a loan (if a fre place) as a replacement for Wibraham.

A new right back but only a up and coming youngster to challenge Ayling. I know we have Little but I question his defensive play.

Midfield I think we've an abundance of players now and Tomlin and Gladwin can hold their own with Smith being a cert. Frees one place to fill from Pack, Reid, Burns, Bryan, Freeman and of course Redprints favourite Wagstaff.

15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

18. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Andy Stockhausen ‏@AndyStockhausen 2h2 hours ago Bristol, England
    Morning all.@bcfctweets are trying to get two transfers done ahead of tonight;'s 11pm deadline.

One is a permanent deal for a midfield player, the other a loan until the end of the season for a striker. Can't put names out there yet!

Lots of people have asked me whether @bcfctweets are in for @bfc_official striker Sam Winnall. The answer is NO.

TRANSFER LATEST: @bcfctweets target loan striker and midfielder on a permanent deal http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-Robins-working-bring-striker/story-28645530-detail/story.html…

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Andy Stockhausen ‏@AndyStockhausen 40s40 seconds ago South East, England
    You can keep up with all today's deals by following my colleague Dan Newman's live deadline day blog http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/TRANSFER-DEADLINE-DAY-LIVE-Loan-window-deadline/story-28645733-detail/story.html…

Andy Stockhausen ‏@AndyStockhausen 50s51 seconds ago South East, England
    Adam Matthews linked with @bcfctweets http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY-TRANSFER-LATEST-Adam-Matthews-linked/story-28645778-detail/story.html… But right-back not a priority say club!

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member