1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Town Transfer Gossip

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, May 19, 2011.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Right I've joined ( previously Paul to avoid confusion ! ) so lets kick the debate off now. No time like the present !

So far, I have seen us linked with the following-

Coppinger + Sharp, with a bid turned down. The consensus on TWTD for some odd reason, is that people aren't as worried about Coppinger - which I don't get. I think he got the HIGHEST number of assists last season in the whole division. Would be a cracking signing ( remember Darren Currie !?! ) similar age ability etc...!

Also linked with Graham - thoughts ?

Nosworthy I thought would be handy - however just read an article from a Sheff Utd fan who said he was truly abysmal for them, and we know where they finished !

St Ledger for £1.5 mill - again, thoughts ?

I have seen us linked with Clayton Donaldson from Crewe on a free - anyone know much about his ability ?

Keeper situation - what do we all think ? I'm not a massive fan of what we have ( thank god Murphy's gone though ! ) Joe Lewis / Westwood possibilities ?

Also seen Neil Danns may be available on a free - is this true I wonder !?

Anyway, its a brief view on transfers. I wondered what other people thought, and any I've missed!

Lets see how this not606 goes :) !

2. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

3. sanpedro

sanpedro Member

Well reading the press today it would seem that Sharp is now subject to a 2.5m bid from Wolves, so that's that if true. As i previously stated this could be this years Chopra! Both of whom i'd love to see in the Blue shirt next season.
    Also saw the Nosworthy article, i wasn't keen before i saw it! Would much rather have St Ledger.
    Obviously i don't get to see many games at the moment, so i have to read between the lines of comments here. It seem that you're not alone with your keeper situation thoughts. Fülöp has a year left on his contract and after this seasons contract situation, he'll be sold or given a new one in the summer. I think he'll be sold. Westwood would a good signing.
    Graham for 2mil we've no chance. I'm always wary of players being one season wonders, is he one?
    What about Simon Cox? we've been linked before and he scored a cracker for West Brom..
    The first signing will be important as it may prove the clubs ambition and help attract other players to our sleepy backwaters!
    So my thoughts.....for what they're worth.

4. BlueSauce

BlueSauce New Member

We have been linked with a Belgian lad this morning - Faris Haroun. Never heard of him but has been capped by the national team a few times which is pretty good considering all the young talent they are developing. Anyone know anything about him?

Also good to see that we are scouting abroad and not just in Sunderland.

Much prefer St. Ledger to Nosworthy.

Not sure Cox will want to make the step down a level, and with Graham being linked to Premier League Clubs we certainly won't be favourites for his signature

5. Westlake33

Graham rumoured to be subject to a £2.5 mill bid from QPR....

6. Bluehysteria

Bluehysteria New Member

Bothroyd has been released by Cardiff - worth a punt?

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Holy crap! Just a little bit! Cardiff must've overstretched themselves and taken a punt on being in the Premier League.

8. tractor bhoy

tractor bhoy Well-Known Member

Bothroyd has only been released because he told them he had no intentions of signing a new deal and had better offers elsewhere - a similar situation to Norris & McAuley here. I think he has his eyes on the premiership

9. cheddyblue

cheddyblue Member

Eyes on the premiership or eyes on his bank balance its one or the other , but probably the other......

10. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

As much as he's a fantastic player, i dont think he's the one for us. He's too much of a luxury. Not an out and out striker, and definitely seems to be a bit moody. I think we need hungry players, and a fox in the box, so for me...no thank you!

11. Strattonblue

Strattonblue Guest

Why would Bothroyd leave Cardiff to join us? Not a cat in hells chance, I'm afraid. He will end up in the Premiership.

12. tractorboy

tractorboy New Member

sol cambell released by newcastle, reckon he could do a job for us?

13. billypockets 606

Shefki Kuqi also released by Newcastle... worth a punt?

14. PioneerBlueinOZ

Bidding for Sol Campbell or Kuqi would be like trying it on with a fat ugly bird at 7pm! Surely we must aim higher?

15. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

I'm sure that we won't be starting next season with only what's left of last season's team.
    I'm sure Foghorn will support PJ with his cheque book and get some quality players in to fill the gaps that have existed for the last few seasons.
    I'm sure that we will not be hearing post match interviews where PJ, as with former managers, bemoans our inability to score goals.

(I'm also fairly sure that Cheryl Cole will be waiting in my shower one night soon, so may not be posting on here for a few minutes)

16. Westlake33

Unsure about Campbell.

I see Meite has been released by W Brom, he'd be good....

As has Zooverloon + Giles Barnes!

Thoughts ?

17. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Think Meite is a pretty good shout actually but would imagine he would look to stay in the Premiership.

18. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

This morning Bullard is being linked to the budgies by the Mirror. Fortunately there doesn't seem to be any basis for the link in the story other than Lambert wants English players with Premier League experience, apparently.

19. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

Ello Maaate!

It's not going to happen, Lambert doesn't want big earners, jimmys on 40k a week aint he? try and flog him to QPR

20. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

Pioneer

"Bidding for Sol Campbell or Kuqi would be like trying it on with a fat ugly bird at 7pm! Surely we must aim higher? "

Sounds like my kind of night out !!!!!!

<party>