1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Tottenham in the Summer Transfer Window - 2015 Edition

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Moorpheus19, May 24, 2015.

1. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

Here we go again...

The season is over now, with the end result being 5th and a Cup Final. Not too shabby when you throw in the emergence of Kane.

Think we're all agreed that improvement is needed in almost every position. Some positions will be improved simply by selling some players I expect but the rumours all suggest several ins as well as outs.

Discuss away!

Permanent:

IN
    Kevin Wimmer - £4m
    Kieran Trippier - £3.5m
    Toby Alderweireld - £11.5m
    Clinton N'Jie - £10m
    Heung-Min Son - £18m

OUT
    Brad Friedel - Retired
    Jordan Archer - Free
    Cristian Ceballos - Free
    Bongani Khumalo - Free
    Aaron McEneff - Free
    Alex McQueen - Free
    Jonathon Miles - Free
    Paulinho - £10m
    Lewis Holtby - £6m
    Etienne Capoue - £5.5m
    Younes Kaboul - £4m
    Benjamin Stambouli - £6m
    Vlad Chiriches - £4.5m
    Ryan Fredericks - Undisclosed
    Grant Hall - Undisclosed
    Tomislav Gomelt - Free
    Roberto Soldado - £7m
    Aaron Lennon - £4.5m

Loans:

IN - Returns
    Tom Carroll
    Aaron Lennon
    Alex Pritchard
    Dele Alli
    Grant Hall
    Bongani Khumalo
    Milos Veljkovic
    Shaquille Coulthirst
    Cristian Ceballos
    Ryan Fredericks
    Lewis Holtby

IN - New

Out - New
    Nathan Oduwa - Rangers
    Dominic Ball - Rangers
    Shaquile Coulthirst - Wigan
    DeAndre Yedlin - Sunderland

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

3. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

Just checked on Twitter - he's been playing over at that new club for a while, so think I'll stick it in the bin of late business for January...

4. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Not me. :emoticon-0112-wonde Given the age of most of our starters, and how promising they are, I think what we need to do is sit back and let them develop in a stable environment, instead of falling into more quick-fix traps. I'd get exactly one big player, a RM, continue to buy the best youth player or three we can, sell and keep careful selections of veterans, give our own young players like Pritchard, Carroll and Alli every chance--and hope we/Pochettino can solve our biggest problem, which was letting the other team get the best chances 3 of 4 games.

5. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Telegraph reporting we're near to completing a £3.5m deal for Burnley's Kieran Trippier. Been impressed with him whenever I've watched. Most will have seen my posts this season at how I've lost patience with Walker, this was his 4th full season and with the 1st aside, he's been poor more than he's been good in my opinion, besides he seems to be picking up quite a few niggling injuries of late which isn't helping.

6. LockStock

LockStock Well-Known Member

Pleased, once again, that we appear to be building from the back.

7. humanbeingincroydon

8. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Apparently, The Fail are reporting that our mooted bid of £12mil for Ings has been accepted. Supposedly, The Mousers are weighing up their options.

9. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/9866954

I think that explains why we have put in a big bid for Ings. Until his contract runs out we have to table a bid to be legally allowed to talk to him, and we have to bid a reasonable amount or Burnley won't let us talk. We have to pretend, in other words, that he won't be a free agent soon. Likely the actual compensation would be lower if he moved to Spurs.

10. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

I think I hope we get Trippier. It seems to me we can do well playing Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela--3 central players, in other words--if we have fullbacks who get forward and cross quickly and often. Nobody put in more crosses last year in the PL than Trippier. But I might rather have Dier stay at right back. He really impresses me there. It's a little reassuring that Pochettino and I are thinking along the same lines about fullbacks who cross, though.

To me. I'm not so sure it's reassuring in general.

Ings at 12 million seems good business. Less, of course, would be better business. The only thing I might want more than a striker is a RM.

On the other hand, I can't say I'm impressed with Wimmer, from what little I can tell. I'd rather we get Aldeweireld. We could get an edge by only speaking Flemish on the field.

Last edited: May 28, 2015

11. donotputinmicrowave

donotputinmicrowave Active Member

My only problem with bringing in Ings is that him or Kane will be second fiddle and stunt development. I'd argue it's better to run with one main man and some older, more experienced gents to come in when form drops / injuries strike. It'll be very hard to keep both happy unless we play......... <monster> 4-4-2

Centre-back, Right-back (if better than Walker), RM, Striker.

I hear Llorente is available!? :emoticon-0140-rofl:

12. LockStock

LockStock Well-Known Member

Are you saying you'd get rid of both Soldado and Adebayor and only replace with Llorente? One striker?

13. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Well Kane can play off the left and offer a similar contribution to Chadli, or play behind the striker and make us more attacking. If he becomes a marked man and struggles next season like so many seem to be predicting it could actually help him to have a couple of roles he can take up in the team.

I know he'd probably cost too much but this is why I'd like Berahino, he can play upfront or on the wing which would allow both he and Kane to get plenty of game time.

14. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Reportedly, Mouserland is Ings' preferred destination. He does sound like a Levy type favourite signing. Young, cheap, etc.

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Any potential striker that joins should join with the knowledge that they're not likely going to start over Kane, at least until Harry loses form (which he won't, of course). It seems us and Pool are the frontrunners for Ings, realistically his chances of being the first choice number 9 at both clubs is slim, Sturridge when fit is definitely better as is Kane. Ings does have the capability to play out wide though, so it opens his options challenge other players in the squad. Would like him at the club, he's a good player, not for the quoted £12m though, however I think that's just a ploy to get the first words in before he becomes a freebie.

16. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

If Trippier arrives it could perhaps even be the beginning of the end for Walker. He was magnificent a few years back but since then has never replicated it and has really struggled with injuries too. Would it be worth taking a good bid for him?

17. humanbeingincroydon

Depends on how we use Yedlin next season, as a right back or as a winger.

That said, with Daniel Wass also being linked it does look like Walker's days are getting shorter than people would've thought a couple of seasons back.

18. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Probably fancies The Mousers as he thinks, with some justification, that they'll pay more than us. With little or no transfer fee involved, he can shop himself around.

19. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

20. NotSoMightyEastbourneBoro

Well, you've just jinxed that transfer. He'll probably have the finesse of Fazio, the restraint of Chiriches, the attitude of Vertoghen and the fitness of Kaboul now. And the goalkeeping ability of Super Super Harry Kane for good measure.