1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tottenham In The January Transfer Window - 2014 Edition

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Roo, Dec 29, 2013.

1. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

If we get another forward,can someone make sure he's still breathing and can run.......

2. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

I've had my eye on him, was really impressive in the early rounds of the CL, 5 goals in the first two games I think, big strong bustling direct forward with two good feet and pace. I'll be interested to see how he does in our league.

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Electrodes?

4. BBC Live Transfer bloke is ****ting his pants because 'Pool haven't managed to sign some dodgy winger!
    <doh>

5. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Mousers fail again! :emoticon-0106-cryin

:D

6. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Well we didn't get a left back again, or a striker so when Defoe leaves we are in the **** if Adebayor or Soldado get injured.

7th for us this season imo.

7. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

But Sherwood, whose side were beaten 5-1 by Manchester City on Wednesday, believes he has a squad strong enough for a top-four finish.
    "I don't need anyone else, thank you very much," he said.
    "Chairman Daniel Levy asked if I want to strengthen, but I'm confident in the players we've got."

For all the twitter rumours, people claiming deals had been agreed, Sherwood was never looking at any player.

Roo should take most notice of this as anyone on Twitter who claimed we where about to sign a player, has just had their cover blown!

8. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

With the exception of maybe 1 person, I literally believe nothing else on twitter, boss. It's just become fun spreading the rumours and winding you up! ;) <ok>

9. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

All in good fun Roo! Remember that 'agent' on Twitter who tricked them folk. It's scary how many actually take twitter as a serious line of info!

10. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Ahh well. It's all fun and created conversation on here :)

"Apparently" didn't do too well in this window, did he? <laugh>

I really want to see lamela pay some games now. We need to put our trust in him when he's back from injury. Hopefully he can be moulded into a striker.

11. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Lamela and Soldado should be eager to play especially with the world cup and Chadli is apparently :p a footballer so be good of him to show up!

12. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

So 51 pages and all we got was Holtby loaned to Fulham!
    A lot of doom and gloom on here, if we win today then you never know. We have 4 major players coming back imminently so they will almost be like new signings.
    Obviously a loss today and my mood will change dramatically!

13. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Overall this was the least exciting transfer window yet. Apart from Utd signing Mata and Chelsea signing matic, no other top team made a significant signing.

Most exciting deadline day move was probably Tom Ince to Palace on a 1 million loan deal. They are quickly becoming my 2nd team and Pullis is someone who's changed my opinion of him.

14. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Best transfer thread we every did, not stating it until the window was almost open was a masterstroke. The goons had god knows how many pages before hand and still only managed one semi-significant past his best player to provide cover for the goonish crock club. Even my boss who is a gooner was saying 'why the **** has Wenger signed that useless ****'.

Perhaps the transfer thread should be banned until just before the window opens every time. Most of the rumours are **** anyway.

15. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

thankyou! thankyou! ;)

that "useless ****" is incredible on football manager though! that's the only reason i know who he is! <laugh>

16. My favourite bit of this window was that twat of an ITK over on the BBC Live website announcing to the world that a couple of world-beater players were in a private jet on their way to Manchester, but it all turned out to be a crock of ****!
    <laugh>

ITK failure at its best!

Sorry we didn't sign a striker, but I've come to expect that of us.

17. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I think Sherwood's done the right thing and a brave thing this window by not bringing anyone in. Lots of managers new to a club would've liked to get a few players in but this window wasn't really the right time for us to be doing that, we need the players we've got to keep playing together and the tinkering can be done in our line ups and tactics to get the best out of what is a quality squad.

Capoue's in a bit of an awkward position now having mouthed off and ended up staying but I'm glad he's still here and whilst I don't like that Holtby's been pushed out, it's better that he's playing regularly than playing games in the development team for us.

18. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

It really looks like we will be out of Europe next season which will make another of our managers happy!
    Seems the only ones who want to win things are our fans!!!!!?

19. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

After our best efforts for a few seasons in the EL, I'll be happy to have a break from it. It'd be nice to really have a go at one of the domestic cups, so we can get back to playing weds and Saturdays and not have to travel miles across Europe.

It'll also be interesting to see how the lack of Europa football affects our domestic league campaign. As nice as it is to play in Europe, that competiton is a f**king curse, I swear.

20. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Unless City lose the League Cup final then Europa League places will go to at least 6th.