1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, May 11, 2017.

1. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

My era loved naylor hard as nails a great full back and to me a spurs legend

2. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Whoa whoa whoa - can't rush a comparison like that. Both have very big claims to that title.......

3. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Anyone else pales into insignificance in the t**t, s**t or c**t stakes when compared to Piers Morgan:emoticon-0121-angry
    If **** stands for something else, then please forgive me.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  4. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

If only......he could have lived a little longer and turned up at the Lane......my first Spurs hero....."Gentleman George Robb..The Flying Winger"....and school teacher.
    Thank you George,for the memories.......of me turning up at one training day as a young boy,asking for your autograph,you signing 'Best Wishes".
    Of you flying down the left wing and causing havoc in "their" goal mouth.
    Receiving just one full international cap while players today without your talent get dozens! (Shades of Bill Nick!)

5. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

6. maggie blanchflower

maggie blanchflower Well-Known Member

With you there Smithy, we all loved George Robb. Wasn't it great yesterday seeing the survivors of the '50s. Little Terry Dyson cracked me up & Terry Medwin. I remember them as they were & to see them now makes you realize how long ago it was! Great Finale yesterday, can't wait to watch it again. Never had so many lumps in my throat!

7. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Onions, onions everywhere.

8. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Come on Luke, I shared a school with young Piers in Lewes in East Sussex, albeit me being 6 years older than him. Subequent to leaving school I used to drink in a pub called 'the Elephant and Castle' in the same town. Many of Piers class mates would drink in the same pub as under age drinking was tolerated.
    Piers was often the topic of conversation (yes even then). The general concensus was the he was a fcuking w*Nker or fcuking t*sser, not t**t, s**t or cnut. Cnuts are useful and sh!ts are necessary.

9. Smoggo

Smoggo Active Member

Best footballing team to watch all season by a country mile
    Hope you get the title next year:emoticon-0148-yes:

10. bigsmithy9

Alan Gilzean did it for me.I didn't recognize him 'til they mentioned his name. I swear he looked like someones favourite grandfather out of an old British movie (and probably is!)

ANOTHE HEADED GOAL BY ALAN GILZEAN!

11. maggie blanchflower

I didn't recognise The Gilly either! They didn't seem to know his song 'Gilzean, Gilzean, Gilzean, Gilzean, born is the king of White Hart Lane' to the tune of Noel, Noel (from The First Noel Christmas carol). I might be getting a bit deaf but didn't hear 'We'll take more care of you, Archibald, Archibald'. Having said that the singing throughout was brilliant & all the clips & things are still making me teary eyed!

12. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

As you know, Gilzean had spent many years living as a recluse in the West Country. When he was eventually persuaded to return to the Lane about a year or so ago, the Gilzean song was sung then.

The Archibald song was definitely sung on Sunday.

<ok>.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  13. maggie blanchflower

As I thought, I'm getting deaf <laugh> Used to love singing both those songs. Can you tell me If Adele came? I had heard she was coming along with Chas & Dave.

14. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Lovely....so many memories...

15. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention but the "Born is the King of WHL" song was sung about Hoddle on Sunday.

Adele might well have been in the crowd watching, but she wasn't in the hospitality areas with the other guests. Mind you, I wouldn't know her if I bumped into her !!

I think it was the Spurs Community chat site where someone supposedly "ITK" was saying there would be an after match concert featuring Adele along with Chas and Dave.

It was never ever going to happen, because the schedule for closing the stadium for the final time meant Levy was planning on having everyone off the premises by 8:30 at the very latest. This was dependent on the finale ceremony starting on time, running to schedule and finishing at 7:10. I don't think it even started before 7:10 !!

Furthermore, either Chas or Dave, can't remember which one, is recovering from throats cancer and is not allowed to sing.

16. maggie blanchflower

Cheers Spurcat. Sorry to hear about Chas or Dave, wish him well. I'm fond of Adele because she waved a Spurs flag at the packed out O2 arena & a couple of other venues. Tottenham born & bred apparently. Not a bad singer either!

17. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

I was privelaged to watch gilzean live a great striker and could head a ball harder than most players could kick it.another spurs LEGEND

O.Spurcat and Spur of the Moment like this.
  18. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Because somebody left their wicker Chris Perry at home, so there was nothing to burn him in.

19. bigsmithy9

Isn't it great being a Spurs fan? They've got the trophies and we get the football......!
    If Spurs produce the goods at Wembley they could be playing to sell out games........then selling out New White Hart Lane.

20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

The size of your crowds at Wembley could give some indication of what to expect at the new WHL, so far you have only played big occasions there (CL), you will have a better idea when you have played lower PL teams on a Monday or Wednesday night.