1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tottenham Hotspur v Internazionale Match Thread

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by notsosmartspur, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Yes - it was me. What's so wrong with mentioning the fact that somehow we went from a completely shambolic and listless performance for 90 minutes, to coming back out 5 minutes later with a more positive approach and energy that led to a couple of early chances and the goal that got us through?

I am not and have not said AVB is a tactical genius, but at the same time I will give some credit where I think it due. If you don't like it fine OS, but think you might like to temper your comments towards fellow posters on this forum just because they don't happen to agreed with your lauded opinions!!!

Goodnight!! :emoticon-0109-kiss:

2. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

You missed the "debate", http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/198436-AVB-s-Post-Match-Comments-Compared-To-Redknapp, also I've seen a fair number of fans who seem to believe Bale has solely been turned into this "world class" central attacking figure by Avb and no credit has been given to previous managers/coaching for the way Bale developed. But that wasn't any dig at you (as I wasn't complaining you hold that view) but as the debates over Avb often end up with over praising, while previous management often get attacked for aspects which are unfounded, then I see no reason why this can't be open to discussion.

However I'm surprised you have used the words cheap, or made comparisons with Ghoddle, as I don't deliver my opinion or view in the same manner, nor does any other fan which doesn't completely rate Avb, I actually find fans like myself which criticise Avb, also praise him when needed and while we may focus on the negatives at times, I don't invent negatives, if I was inventing and being negative just for the sake of being negative then I would take your point.

Amyhow, as I make my opinions/views on Avb (regardless of if we're winning or losing) then I can't accept the cheap remark :shocked: If I was only moaning when we lost then yes I would be acting cheap, but that's not the case :D

Right, I think I've made my feelings clear, so I better get off my cheap backside and get to work as otherwise everything in my life will be CHEAP :tongue:

3. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

I think it's cheap for the reason I've outlined already.

I don't struggle with other's right to post anything they like but I reserve the right to challenge it too. This is what forum's are about. Everyone's welcome to give their views, you'll notice that I've not actually been talking about AVB's ability as I'm not actually sold on him yet either. So long as we're in the top 4 I'm willing to give him time and the benefit of the doubt, which is probably where we differ, but in terms of our overall play I expected more improvement than we've had and I'm sure I've said several times during our 12 game run that we've not been playing well.

As I say, it's my personal dislike of the use of "tactical genius" I've explained why I feel that way but my opinion is all it is. I've only brought it up once, I'm not trying to tell anyone what they can and can't say(who would I be to say that?) and I'm not going to start hounding people everytime they use it.

I hope you enjoy the game too :)

I did skim read that at the time so fair enough, I was wrong on that and I think any suggestion that 'Arry didn't have similar plans for Bale's progression unfounded too. Bale has come out and said that his work with AVB has improved him however so whether you think he's just being kind or paying lip service in the media, giving AVB some credit for Bale's improvement isn't unreasonable. I think it was Parker who spoke about Bale's extra work in training and I think that's where Bale is getting the results from, hard work and self belief can make a huge difference on the pitch in the long term. I agree with you on the sentiment that 'Arry's very good work gets dismissed at times, it was the quotes you had that I thought were extreme but I stand corrected on that.

I messed up with the Ghoddle comparison, what I meant is that I get a feeling that some are just waiting for the opportunity to bring up the "tactical genius" quote up in a negative manner, Ghoddle wasted no opportunity to praise "World Class" Lloris and criticise "inferior" Friedel. I wasn't meaning it was on the same level as Ghoddle at all but I do think the "tactical genius" inevitably is a knock at the fans that hoped to see an improved tactical set up, the manager's ability(who's doing well overall) and ultimately it's not true as far as I'm concerned. By that I mean that "tactical genius" isn't a term that's been banded around when people have been praising AVB, it's certainly not used by people on this board other than when it's used sarcastically.

Anyway, I'm not trying to drag this out with you or anyone else, it's just a complaint I had and it's nothing against any user and I know you know I never called you cheap, even if you do live in Scotland <whistle>

4. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

YV, No worries! I know you never meant anything by them comments( ghoddle)....although I agree that living in scotland makes me cheap ha:D

5. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

I shouldn't have picked you up on that comment. It was unnecessary and I apologise to you.

6. No worries OS - think we're all getting a bit touchy at the moment.
    In truth I don't think that any of us disagree that much either way and I know that we all have one common goal - the development of our this bloody club of ours!!! :steam:

7. Not worth starting another thread for this bit of news - hardly comes as any great surprise:

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/uefa-charge-inter

UEFA will be charging Inter following the racist chanting etc last Thursday, but they WILL ESCAPE WITH A FINE - as this is the first time that UEFA has had to sanction them this season!!! Apparently the earlier Italian FA sanctions are not taken into consideration........

Good to see that the football authorities are finally taking this matter seriously...... <doh>

8. Inda

Inda Well-Known Member

9. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Watching that once was enough Inda!

10. Inda

Inda Well-Known Member

I know, I know.

I'll be sticking the Fulham game up later. I know for a fact you'll all want to watch that again too.

11. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

BEST 3HRS EVER!!! Inter followed by Fulham! Boom

12. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

13. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Only messin Inda, as PNP says, good of you to take the time, even though I may slit my wrists and it'll be all your fault! :D

14. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Is this your car by any chance?

please log in to view this image

15. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Just what i need! you have given me a dilemma, the A team van on ebay or the boss?