1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Apr 19, 2017.

1. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

It's very harsh on Son but I think I would leave him out of the starting 11 today. I think we need to be solid first and foremost.
    If he did start I certainly wouldn't criticise Pochettino for that decision as there is certainly an argument for not changing a winning team.
    It depends on the Cahill situation as if Terry were to start it would be good to have some pace in the team to attack that weakness.

God I hope we beat them. It's about time, it's been far too long since we have beaten them in a cup match.

I'm not confident though, despite how well we have been playing. It would be very Spursy for them to have all the luck and we lose another semi final!
    I'm trying my best RCL tactics!

remembercolinlee likes this.
  2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Ok...so here it is...
    A) i have seen the portsmouth semi final at wembley (with my eldest daughter), 3 CL matches (2 with both my girls and one with just my youngest) and a EL game (with both my daughters)...and out of those 5 matches we have won 1...when my eldest daughter did not go!!!

B) I am going today with one of my daughters.

C) Not my eldest!!!!

But before you happy clappy lot get all "wahoooooooo " and pollute this fine board with stupid cheeriness just remember this...

1993 Arsenal last min donkey heartbreak
    1995 Everton humiliation for Jurgen
    1999 Newcastle cheating ref
    2001 Arsenal Hoddle started as he would continue
    2010 Portsmouth shocking loss
    2012 Chelsea Redknapp wimpering out of spurs

John Terry...heroic semi final defending and late winner from Costa...you just fecking know it <wah>

3. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

As the great legendary Brixton Dave said,
    "We can be heroes, just for one day "
    I love him and l love you . That other bloke who was a privalliged toff , smoked a Fidel special and loved sweaty sock nectar said " Finest hour " not so keen on him as after he gave Adolf the old one , two didn't want the NHS. Taffy Beven the one to thank for that .
    Today could be the making of a good team to a great team . Maybe the best since 61 and it has to start winning silver ware to make history. As Jack Kerouac's
    Beatnik odyssey we are on the road , against corrupt elites , sky, dirty money clubs ,media and somehow we are the sandinistas.
    Today l sit proudly with the food of the common man , nothing but a scotch egg (even that l don't believe in operation lron Bru ) , Bombay mix and St Peters Golden Ale . Lacklustre to the urban intelligencey
    but to a Suffolk lad of the soil it's purity spells unity .

We are one .
    A proud but humble Sid .

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  4. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

What a great post. :emoticon-0170-ninja<badger><party>Sid was someone who married Fanny and the Fiddlers were happy ever after. Why did Constable never paint an English roast. The artist farmer Sid could only ever be attached to one football team.

Lacklustre to the urban intelligencey
    but to a Suffolk lad of the soil it's purity spells unity LOVE IT! An ode to a Scotch Egg.

5. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

BTW Sid operation Irn Bru will also add to your English heart.

6. Thanks for that ray of sunshine, RCL <laugh>

Couldn't make the game as a good mate is getting re-wed this afternoon (bloody fool lol) and I will make a sudden and unannounced exit at 5.15 to head to hotel room for a couple of hours!! (He's not into football so won't miss me until they start looking for the ring......<laugh>)

Team wise, I think 'pace will out', but have seldom if ever had as much faith in a group of Spurs lads to deliver - so just go to it, Boys!

At the end of a week that should be one of anticipation and excitement, we have had the tragic events with Ugo to bring us all back to reality. Just hope that the club, the fans and especially those 11-14 on the pitch do him proud.

Love to all :emoticon-0152-heart

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
  7. Lawro thanks the Chavs will win.
    Thank **** for that!!!! <cheers>

8. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

I'll be on a plane to China when this game happens. Gutted.

Hope we smash the rentboys and take one step further to making it a season to remember.

COYMFS!!

9. Oh ****!!
    That reminds me of a certain match against ManUre in 2001. I was flying from Heathrow to Cairo and listened to the first half as we went in 3-0 up just as I boarded.
    Got off the other end to find out we'd lost 3-5!!! Double gutted!! <laugh>
    Praying you have a better experience!!

10. crackerman jack

Just covered my bet as betfair are doing odds for new customers of 33-1 for Chelsea to win and 50-1 on Spurs to win. Max bid is £1 but I put a £1 on spurs to win at 50-1 so I can't lose!

Spur of the Moment likes this.
  11. crackerman jack

Getting nervous now!
    Come on Tottenham, Do Not Let Me Down!!

12. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

The Mrs and kids are going out. Normally, I'd go and watch this pissed in a pub but not today as I've got to go and cheer a mate on in the marathon tomorrow. Just as well it's not a hot day as I can keep the bi-folds closed and restrict how far my appalling language can travel.

I get keyed up for the NLD but living in South London means I want to beat this lot more. We need to put them away.

crackerman jack likes this.
  13. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

A fine combination of an incompetent ref (who didn't give us a penalty and then, less than a minute later, gave Portsmouth one for no apparent reason) and an abysmal pitch that caused Daws to slip that gave them the opening to go 1-0 up.

14. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Starting to get the buzz now and while feeling a bit nervous I am quietly getting the feeling of a great spurs display and a win COYS let's beat the chavs .in poch we trust <cheers>

15. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

So nervous today, I am just not used to us being bigged up by so many in the media. We need to win today for so many reasons, but first and foremost to actually win an FA Cup semi final and to finally reach another final, to think that Lineker and Gascoigne were the scorers last time we won an FA Cup semi final is frankly ridiculous.

And of course its Chelsea a team that we have history with, the goal that was never was semi final, the parked bus league cup final and the match that Clattenburg ruined at the Bridge last season. We owe them, big time and I just hope today is the start of the payback. We know we can beat them, in the 180 minutes of football between the 2 sides this season we have been better the team. But that means nothing today, come on boys 2 big performances at Wembley and we can see Hugo lift the trophy.

COME ON YOU SPURS

16. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

Just got to Wembley, in the fan zone, the Dele song being sung, great atmosphere already. COYS.

17. remembercolinlee

Am at Wembley and I have just seen something I never thought possible
    20170422_142358.jpg
    Too optimistic to be a real spur <laugh>

18. remembercolinlee

Ditto OS... my daughter has banned me singing lip up fatty by bad manners
    <laugh>

19. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

A tv reporter says John Terry upset he's not playing(?).He wanted to play in one more cup final for Chelsea.
    Hold the coach Tottenham.Terry says we've lost already!

humanbeingincroydon likes this.