1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Tottenham Hotspur v AS Monaco

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by PleaseNotPoll, Sep 12, 2016.

1. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

We could have taken something from the game after our 2nd half performance, it was fine margins. Not great, but we nearly did enough. First half was poor, especially the defensive performance. If Dembele had started we might have given them a much better game. I didn't think Kane was quite as bad as others have said, he was far from his best but we weren't always giving him great service either. Then again I'd got pretty tanked after work and before the game so my recollections could be hazy. I'm sure the lad could do with a rest though, and big Vinny looks like he'll cope with PL football well from what we've seen.

Like others I'm not to concerned, but frustrated that the performance didn't live up to expectations on a great day and great occasion for Spurs fans. I thought the atmosphere was good, I was just round to the North of what seemed to be the major block of Spurs support in the West end. Seats were a bit corporate (I booked them when I was drunk - fantastic view but I'd have liked to have been with more vocal fans) but there were still people trying to make noise and very few around me left early. Like others have said, Wembley is a bit of a cauldron and the sound tends to roll round and echo rather than boom out like at a smaller stadium like WHL. Hopefully when we move into the NPDP stadium it's a good balance between the 2 situations. I gather a lot of it is down to the design and architecture of a stadium, but I'm no expert.