1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

total ****

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Aug 11, 2017.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

No positives whatsoever. 8 minutes to go and couldnt ****ing hold on. totally gutting.. watch us scramble to 14th place .. my bad feelings about this season have been confirmed. We cannot defend.. therefore ****ed. Period

2. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

Why couldnt we close this out. ... season defined in game 1. Misery and sometimes reward thats all we get... mostly gut wrenching nearly nearly nearly bollocks.

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

There were positives - Maguire was good, Vardy scored twice and there were no injuries.

There were a lot of negatives though - namely why was Mahrez still on the pitch and why the hell did Shakespeare take off James for Ihneacho - is no coincidence that we conceded twice straight after.

4. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Bollocks. There were many positives albeit negatives as well. What about Vardy looking bang up for it? He could be on course for 20+ based on that. Schmeichel made some good saves and Maguire looked very good. Albrighton, Okazaki and Fuchs were also good or solid.
    You are correct that we need to defend set pieces as both their goals at the end came from corners but also remember our first and third came from corners so that's a positive that we've made the most of our own set pieces.
    The changes from shakespeare were odd and could well have cost us. It's gutting as we'll not have a better chance to win there. To score 3 away at the Emirates and lose? Bloody joke yes.
    But, they are such spawny bastards and are just our bogey side. It happens. We lose whatever happens there usually by bad fortune or bad ref decisions and late goals. It's frustrating but we just never get the rub of the green there and I saw enough that we'll cause teams problems going forward. We need to to sure up the defence but the window is still open so I'm not panicking yet. Mahrez was a disgrace though. Did nothing but get muscled off the ball and run into trouble in the first half. Slightly better in the second but frustrating. Before any Mahrez fans boys say anything he wasn't the only one. Morgan was poor as well and Simpson

5. JohnTheFox

Agree entirely. I felt it was odd to bring Amartey for Okazaki as I hate 'shutting up shop' against a team like Arsenal. We seemed fine how we were (not saying they wouldn't have come back anyway given our luck there). I'd have put Kelechi on for Shinji if anything and Gray for Mahrez and kept the system. Set pieces let us down though whilst also being fruitful at the other end which was great to see.
    Harry Maguire though what a beat. His header back across to Shinji was great. Also, Albrighton's cross to Vardy was a thing of beauty especially given that he's right footed to have that ability on his left. As for Vardy, as I said above, he could get 20+ on that show if he stays fit and on form. Add Iheanacho we could be seriously good going forwards. I seriously don't think we need wholesale change. Even Huth in for Morgan would be a big improvement. I just hope he doesn't get scared to drop Morgan and put Huth in for Maguire! Schmeichel, Maguire, Ndidi and Vardy are automatic starters for me

leicester_ed likes this.
  6. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Evan if Sheakespeare could, don't think that he would drop Morgan or Mahrez! We can't defend and need to replace Morgan
    before the end of the window. Has for Mahrez imo he should be no were near the squad, don't like to single players out but them
    two cost and will cost us a lot of games this season.

7. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

I agree John even this mornings Goon loving Current Bun says " this was the Leicester of two seasons ago " !
    The same collapse at the Emirates happened in our title winning season so I have to agree, Martin is talking testicles though I do share his frustration...... Blue Army !

JohnTheFox likes this.
  8. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

That was the best chance we've had of beating Arsenal for some time, so it was very frustrating to come away with nothing. Their defence was weaker than normal, which we exposed, but our midfield, apart from Albrighton, was woeful and completely overrun. We need Drinkwater back alongside Ndidi to break up opponents' play in central areas and also support the strikers, and both wide men prepared to work back. While it's good for James that he is back to fitness, he was as ineffective in that match as he has been in all the friendlies.

Don't need to say anything about our only creative player; his performance spoke for itself. The only thing that surprised me as much as him still being on the pitch after half time was that we didn't stick with 4-5-1 with 20 minutes to go and make sure we didn't lose the game. Mike Dean didn't help. He was right behind Ozil with an unrestricted view and still he didn't see the control with the arm. He couldn't see Specsavers even if he was standing right outside the shop door.

Positives definitely in there - Schmeichel, Maguire, Fuchs, Albrighton, Okazaki and Vardy - but we won't win matches with only half the team performing.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  9. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

Still a bit gutted but my original posts were also spiked with self induced alcohol rage !!!

10. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

With 20 mins to go I was screaming out for Gray to come on for Okazaki not Amartey

We was never going to hold onto the lead. I would have got Gray playing off Vardy and tried to hit them on the counter for 4-2 to kill them off

jambawamba likes this.

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

This is the reason why I hoped that we got an experienced assistant along Shakespeare - he was in two minds about what to do when he took off Okazaki and we went for a 451 but then he decided to go back to a 442 with Amartey and Ndidi who never played together in the middle and we conceded 2 in 2 min.

Preseason was the time to experiment, not during league games.

12. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Im available

Ive won every trophy multiple times on football manager <whistle>

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

If you come with your own armchair then you'd be perfect.

14. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh cmon mate......There were many positives, the character to bounce back after being 1-0 down after 2 min, Vardy back to his best, Albrighton superb deliveries, Maguire looking assured will be a great signing, Mahrez....wait, scratch that one haha.
    Going to be a good season, but granted we need to sort the defense.....mainly Wes Morgan!!!!!

HarboroughFox likes this.
  15. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Was a bit of a roller coaster ... Mahrez knew he was at fault for the first half injury time equalizer and that showed in how he played for the first part of the second half, battling as best he could (which will never be great) and also a superb delivery for Vardy from the corner (which ha also won in the first place) ... notice that hasn't had a mention above <laugh> ... wasn't Mahrez's fault that we lost the game in the last 9 minutes ... that was straight down to Shakey's strange substitutions ... was texting my cousin at the time and made the point that if James was running out of steam then Amartey should have come on for him and Gray for Okazaki ... Iheanacho should only have come on for Vards at that stage ... keep the shape ... as it was there were 3 unmarked Arsenal players at the far post for the equaliser .... I still maintain that Giroud was fouling Maguire in order to win the header that gave them victory ... ref also missed the handball by Ozil which was a fully deliberate attempt to control the football and should have been picked up ... but it was actually a very good performance going forward ... defensively we were shambolic in the second half.

16. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I think Shakey felt he HAD to bring on Iheanacho at some point, as stated above, only for Vardy to keep the shape though. I think Shakey will be the first to admit he ballsed it up.

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Dunno why he had to - going to a 451 with 2 DMs in Amartey and Ndidi made sense as Arsenal were going all out attack.

Was a really stupid decision that really showed his inexperience to go to a 442 with two out and out strikers on the pitch as it left us light at the back when we were winning away from home with 5 odd min left.

18. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Dont think anyone is suggesting ahrez lost the game for us Proud..... just that quite simply he was tripe! (again!!) Yep granted, he put a good corner in (1 good one every 10 it seems)
    I watched replays of Giroud goal and it is touch and go, I think he just over powered Maguire myself. How Dean missed Ozils handball Ill never know as he was directly behind it ... incredible.
    Need to sort out the defense quick smart. Knockaert to score the winner on Saturday????

19. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

He did more than just take one good corner but the boo boys are on his back now and it's probably better for all that he moves on ... we'll only truly miss him when he's gone as he is the most gifted individual we have ... hopefully Gray can step-up. You mention Knocky ... a poor man's Mahrez although he does have the odd spectacular goal in him. He couldn't handle the Prem in the few games he had after we were promoted and will need to have improved considerably if he is going to make a real impact for Brighton.... he also had to move on because he was not in the same league as Mahrez ... although I really did like the lad <ok>

20. JohnTheFox

I think Knocky will do much better this time round. He wasn't the only one to look lost at that time. I hope he does well