1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Torres joins BIG club.

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Bridge of Sighs, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

£2m / 48months (lengh of deal) X12 Months (to get yearly figure) / 52 weeks (to get weekly figure) - £9615.38 a week

9615.38 + 90000

=£99615.38

2. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

If Torres plays against us I imagine he'll get to goal and then look Reina in the eyes. Most likely he'll see the disappointment in his eyes and blaze it miles over the bar.

3. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Thanks for that :), I couldn't be bothered looking for any facts.

He has accepted that us "thick scousers" seem to be smarter than him, and so has gone to drown his sorrows.

4. Kate

Kate New Member

...and just wait for Carragher! Just hope he doesn't get sent off.

5. golden porridge

well he probably should be sent for the tackle that ends torres' carreer

6. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

We'll see in four years time whether it's better to sell you players for massive profit (Liverpool), or overpsend on them (Chelsea). With Losses of 70m last year, Chelsea need to find at least 30m a year from somewhere soon or you won't be allowed in Europe. Oh, and the 75m you've just paid won't be much help.

7. Bridge of Sighs

Bridge of Sighs New Member

Hahahhahahahhahahaha you need to read the euro rules mate.
    Are all scousers stupid?

READ THE NEW RULES

8. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

'Under their new rules, clubs will face possible bans from European competition from the 2014/15 season if they spend more than they earn in the three years before.'

What am I missing?

9. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

Are you still here??? Do your own fans even like you, well actually they probably don't know you exist because you spend all your free time (which I'm guessing is a lot!) on the Liverpool board.

Calling scousers stupid when you can't even SPEEL right! Poor boy :(

I think you just need a hug <hug> come 'ere

10. rioriorio

rioriorio Member

chelsea - club on the brink.

70m losses BEFORE torres and other no-mark were signed.

incapable of supporting yourselves without RA whose funding will be cut to <10m starting this summer to meet uefa FP. torres will likely get 2 seasons of CL football before the CL/transfer ban comes down.

young players coming thru not good enough. existing 800m quid squad fading fast.

just wait til all the plastics swap to citeh and your income starts to drop - or just wait until roman gets bored of his plaything or it starts giving him bad publicity.

11. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

"All" means every single one. We have some great players who've stayed and that makes you wrong. Ask your teacher.

Who are your club legends, then? These great ones who stayed at Chelsea? Let's see: Dave Sexton dumped Peter Osgood and most of the great early 70s team in a huff, then it was wait, wait and wait some more for Zola, Lampard, Drogba, Shev...no, not him...

Cech isn't great like Reina is great. 3 Golden Gloves says so. FACHT.

You can't lose the Champions' League final by falling over and call yourself great. Sorry.

You're not even in the same timezone, small boy.

And our European trophies stay forever. That's what happens when you've won it five times. FACHT.

Hahahaha, great and never won it? Hahahahaha.

12. COMAS

COMAS New Member

I respect Torres's decision to leave, 100%, he is professional, but this also shows a strong moral attitude from him!!

I think in an ideal world he thought Liverpool was a giant historical club, which they are, but I'm not sure he knew about there murky past of hysel and etc!

13. Roberto

Roberto Member

What has that got to do with anything? Torres said he wanted to go for trophies.

14. COMAS

COMAS New Member

what he said in public yep!!!

Truth is as anyone who is not a scouser, would see, that your violent and thuggish past is an embarrasment across the whole of europe

15. Roberto

Roberto Member

Nice wum attempt <doh>

16. COMAS

COMAS New Member

how do you see your two major trajedies? Heysel- was it uefa's fault? the architecht of the stadium? or was it in fact the raging scousers fault?? Im not even going to get started on the other one!

17. Roberto

Roberto Member

You should'nt be getting started on any of them but you have... I wasn't there and I'm confident to say you weren't either so whatever opionion you have is most likely based on the media which have hearded you like a sheep all your life.

18. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

Agreed. You're not. This thread is going off topic.

Torres has stated his reasons for leaving

Q: Why Chelsea and why now?

A: I felt from last summer that I need to do a step forward in my career and for my ambition as a footballer. I am joining a team that is at the top level, there is not another level after Chelsea. I am joining with players like Chelsea have. I am joining with big names like Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Anelka and I can be part of this great team. Also I wanted to join because Chelsea always have shown a big respect for me. They really want me and it is important when you have the support of the people in the club, and the support of the fans who always showed respect to me when I came to Stamford Bridge and at Anfield. Now I am very happy to be a Chelsea player. It is good news that you can play in the Champions League this season. It is often not the case for January signings. The Champions League is a big ambition and all the footballers want to play in it, it is a very important competition. But also Chelsea have the chance every season to win all the trophies that they play for, so when you have the chance to play in a team like this you cannot say no.

Thread Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.