1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Torres interview

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Feb 1, 2011.

1. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

crushing interview.... I was expecting some sort of apology and thank you to the club, fans, for some great times, memories... he broke records here and was adored!

Instead it was cold interview and he really made us seem like we were a stepping stone to Chelsea, or a team he thinks as "bigger".

I hope that Suarez and Carroll immediately get things going and we start to take the prem by storm.... although we still have a lot of holes to fill but it is a start in building a TEAM again!

2. Roberto

Roberto Member

The worst thing is i don't think anyone will break those records, and he doesn't deserve his place in our history anymore... Not after this cold move and the heartless reaction he has shown...

3. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

United fan in peace.
    ------------

now a not so peaceful bit about Fern, the guy was an ungrateful idiot. He has not put any effort in for going on 2 years now and as much as I dont like your team I still think the fact he treated you like scum for so long means you got a very good deal out of it in the end. Near enough double your money.

I cant see him doing well at chelsea either and he will be back in spain in 2 years. Chelsea have just added an identical striker to drogba in terms of style really and well....drogba plays that roll and has done so very well.

4. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

It was for Chelseas TV wasn't it?

5. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

does it matter if it was for Chelsea TV, people who change teams managers usually pay some sort of respect to their previous club if they know that club helped them along the way in their career. That is just my thinking as a person though..... apparently Torres lacks some humanistic qualities..... still surreal this whole thing, trying to get my rants done tonight and forget about it!

Wednesday will be rocking by the way!

6. golden porridge

yeah me too, going to be hard to forget him any time soon.
    We'll be seeing him again on sunday anyway

7. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I doubt it on Sunday..... usually there is a clause that you can't play for your previous team ( Something Real Madrid forgot to do with Morientes and Monaco that came back to bite them hard!!). The way it all went down....crazy!

At least Pepe stayed!! for now.....

8. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

Those clauses are only for loans, still not sure if I'd want to start him though in case there is an "accident"

9. Roberto

Roberto Member

For now, he's next I reckon.

10. golden porridge

Have heard that Pepe could leave in the summer.
    i would hate there to be a fallout of the Spanish players now Torres has left.
    Although we are looking good for the English players Quota.

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

There is no clause mate,that only applies in loan deals.

He'll play on sunday.

12. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Then someone kick his C*** in. Kind of wanting to hear the interviews tomorrow from players, Kenny, etc. The books from Stevie and Carra ( pt 2) when they come back out that will shed a lot of light on the Benitez saga, the H & G saga, and now the Torres saga.

13. Tigers piss on weeds

Apparently Chelsea made a last minute bid of £500 million for Liverpools history, it was instantly rejected! haha Great signings lads still think you need to spend another £80Million to sort that team out! All the best!

14. the pieminister

the pieminister New Member

part of me thinks that Ancellotti will have a bit more class and common sense than to play Torres in what will be a highly charged and emotional atmosphere...however, being realistic, chelsea owe us nothing and they are trying to re-ignite their season so if you've spent $50 mill (sorry, no pound sign on my aussie keyboard!) on a player and he's fit, surely you'd play him?

anyway, l'm now slightly excited about what the remainder of the season may hold and am looking forward to seeing how our new signings unfold in the coming months.

15. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

So now that I have come back from indoor practice ( 9-11:30 eastern time here in the states).... got to cool off a bit and am just excited to see how Carroll and Suarez pan out. No sense crying over spilled milk and if that is how Torres wanted to end his career with Liverpool then so be it. We have Kenny, we have pass and move back, we have spent some mega bucks to fire up our attack, and NESV have shown they mean business. Way too many pluses to get worried about one player who has not wanted to play for us for about a year now. It will be exciting to see Suarez start our defending from the front, chase down loose balls, and provide that magic we know he has on Wednesday!

Sidenote: Anyone know when Carroll comes back from injury? Got some stick from a Chelsea supporter here about buying an injured 22 year old.... pot kettle black.

16. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

Torres hopes to play for Chelsea for many years to come... well until a spanish side put a bid in for him then...

17. Poolliver LallanaDelRey

I completely agree. To be honest i see where Torres is coming from, he is getting older and (sorry to sound negative) i feel Chelsea have a bit of an edge on us at this moment in time. We have started our rebuild however bare in mind it may take 3 years to rebuild and Torres is 27 now (30 in 3 years) and he is bound to be past his best. This is why I thought Torres moved.

But in his interview he showed no admiration for the side that has had fans practically worshipping the ground under his feet for the last 3 years. He also made references that were just down right disrespectful. According to one of the articles the BBC He can't wait to attempt to score against us on Sunday... Though this seems like BBC WUMMERY, baring in mind this is Torres.. I actually think he intended his comments to be interpretated like this.

Just disrespectful...