1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Torres Deserves Your Respect

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Chelsea, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Chelsea

Chelsea New Member

Lots of Liverpool fans have been moaning about how he apparently hasnt been thankful for his time in L'pool when actually he has said that he loved his time in Liverpool and adored the fans.

How can you say 'Torres is not worth remembering'?! He holds a number of your records and he moved because he wanted to achive success by winning cups and competitions, and let's be frank, your not going to win any of those this season.

How can you honestly expect such a world-class player to stay if the club are not winning anything? He has seen the team disintegrate in front of his eyes, losing Alonso and Mascherano to get Meireles and Poulsen is not ambitious.

Everyone expects Fabregas to leave at the end of the season, and twice he has asked to leave, but he will only go because he is too good a player not to achieve success. The Arsenal fans will adore him long after he has left the club, and you should afford Torres the same respect.

A Chelsea fan in peace.

2. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

It's not what he did but how he did it. If at the beginning of January he handed in his transfer request then I don't think it would have been as big an issue! If he had waited until the summer he'd have left the club a hero but instead he waited until the last possible minute almost screwing us out of not being able to find a replacement. thats why Liverpool fans do nto respect him

3. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

I respect that he stayed loyal last summer when he could've left. I respect that he stuck by us until Hicks and Gillett were gone and we were back on our feet. I don't respect his logic in choosing this Chelsea to win medals.

Let's be Frank? I'm already old and getting regular injuries, thanks.

4. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Easy for you to say mate; by all means enjoy your player, you get what you pay for, but don't lecture us on respect. The guy doesnt know the meaning of word. Can't stand him now.

5. golden porridge

The fact is he left to go to Chelsea..
    10 points off the top of the table,
    replay against Everton in the FA cup (currently 14th in the table)
    And there are so much better teams in the champions league you cant be holding out much hope for a win there..
    what do you expect to win this season?

6. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

7. KING-KERRY-DIXON

The point is that a player of Toress's quality wants to play champions league and although the league title for us is probably just a dream the chances of staying top four are very high especially after the new signings so he will get his wish which at Liverpool he would maybe wait at least another couple of years by which time he will be getting on for 29.As for our expectations,retaining the FA CUP for the third year running would be good and a good champions league run and maybe second in the league,anything better would be a bonus.Good luck for the rest of the season(except for sunday !)

8. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

I do not blame him for leaving, and last november when he looked a shadow of his former self I wanted him to leave, then I would have jumped at the chance of getting 50m for him. But things changed... we got in Suarez - can any football fan say they would not like to see a Torres and Suarez partnership?

He lied to us, the beginning of january he came out publicly (when he didn't have to) and stated he will see out his contract. As soon as an offer comes in from Chelsea, he sticks in his transfer request and goes. The FIRST offer and he ups and leaves.

Chelsea at the moment are not a class above us. In fact, I'd go as far to say if anyone was going to fall worse than we have in the coming seasons it'd be Chelsea - Aging team, Very little good youth, Roman getting bored of his toy... Let's face it if it wasn't for Roman Chelsea probably wouldn't even be in the premier league.

So in the end Torres left because there was a short term gain, but we'll see in 2 or 3 seasons when we're back up there in the top 4 competing in the champions league, competing for the title - He will be kicking himself.

9. KING-KERRY-DIXON

Roman getting bored with his toy......so he spent £75 million yesterday,can you imagine how much he will spend when the boredom stops !!!! And as for very little good youth,erm erm we won the youth cup last year and have already knocked out Arsenal this year who won it the previous year.

10. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

You won it last year for the first time since 1961. You lost the 07/08 Final to Man City 4-2

11. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

For a top 4 team your youth doesn't compare with many others. Liverpool's youth at the moment looks the most promising (may be a little biased, but we have proved it so far) With Man united and Arsenal behind. Arsenal have consistently good youth most of the time, just because you've knocked them out of a cup comparable to the FA cup does not make you better than them. Man City have spent a lot of money trying to improve their own academy ready for the new financial fair play rules. I don't know a lot about the spurs academy, but I don't think it's anything special. I feel that your youth team is lacking something, that will be needed for you to continue your expectations. Roman spent 75 million yesterday, but why not anything last summer when your players were still aging. If you don't manage to improve even despite a 75 million cash injection, then I can see him getting incredibly bored and looking for a sale (or getting rid of ancelloti).

12. Chelsea

Chelsea New Member

'Let's face it if it wasn't for Roman Chelsea probably wouldn't even be in the premier league.' Your lack of knowledge makes it hard to take the other more sensible points seriously. The season before he bought us, we finished 4th. You won't remember but we beat Liverpool 2-1 at the Bridge in the game that decided who would qualify for the Champions League.

13. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

On the FA Youth Cup subject - Southend United still have a youth team in the cup - it's hardly a yard stick on your youth teams quality

14. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

It wasn't meant to be taken literally - That's the problem with the Internet though, I was in fact joking. But, the cash Roman has injected into your club has drowned your individuality, much like it has with Man city. I feel sorry for Man city and Chelsea supporters because there is so much less passion involved now. If your team starts to fail, your owner will just throw some money at you.

15. Bridge of Sighs

Bridge of Sighs New Member

Of course it is you muppet.If they weren't any good they wouldn't be in it.

Stupid Scouser

16. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

You're calling him a stupid scouser, but have you ever seen Southend United's youth team play? No? Well then it seems you're talking out of your ass. FA Youth Cup is about as important as the FA cup, which you are currently set for a replay, with none other than the 3rd best team in Liverpool.