1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Torres - Dead to me!

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Lewiz_, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Lewiz_

Lewiz_ New Member

Completely dead to me. What if Suarez had moved from Ajax to FC Twente in this January window? I really wouldn't mind if he had moved elsewhere in the Summer, but CHELSEA? I hope he does join them, and I hope even their money will not help their team reach Champions League.

DEAD TO ME

2. S.Taylors theatrical handballs

3. -jordan-

-jordan- Guest

<laugh> cue the burning of shirts ie gerrard

4. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

same here mate. so much for 'I'm here for life' **** off

5. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

At least you're not issuing death threats like the grubby Mancs did to Rooney.

Real have thrown plenty of money about and for five years in a row they've gone out of the Champions League in the 2nd round.

Chelsea can't even guarantee Champions League yet.

6. Lewiz_

Lewiz_ New Member

It feels like he's just moving to change team, and make a fresh start, or something like this. He can't honestly think that he will win anything with Chelsea, that's what makes it SO annoying.

7. James_8

James_8 Member

If he stays I wouldn't play him. We had no choice up until now, as no matter how he **** he was we couldn't drop him as a) we had no-one else and b) it would give him the excuse to leave

I don't want to see him on the pitch for us again. If he stays, it's because Chelsea didn't pay up, not because he wants to be here.

It doesn't matter how good he is, he can't be trusted to give his all every time he plays, so for that reason I wouldn't play him. For most of the season he's been no better than Ngog anyway.

8. crazyhorsealegend

he should never be aloud to step into liverpool again let alone the football club.

9. Muppetfinder General

Those are all valid opinions, But that's all they are because there's no answers to any of the questions yet and none of it is making any sense.

After all the broken promises, the protracted transfer dealings, which was good business but bad for nerves, and having stayed through the worst period for the club I don't think anybody should be surprised or shocked that he's looked around. But the more I think about it the weirder it seems and the only explanation I can accept right now for the odd timing is his agent convinced him FSG weren't serious about signings (the transfer request allegedly handed in before the Suarez deal was done) and told him they'd have to move quickly if it was going to happen, with only Chelsea interested and able to afford a bid right now.

But that's just guesswork on my part so I'm not drawing any conclusions.

10. MT-Bottle

MT-Bottle New Member

I have had a feeling for a while that Torres hasn´t been getting on with the other players.....??!!

11. Busby 's Babe

Busby 's Babe Active Member

Or like the Liverpool fans did with Gerrard you idiot.

12. Poolliver LallanaDelRey

Nah, I think you guys are being a bit to harsh on Nando. He is 27 now. What makes Nando so good is his pace, his reactions and his stamina as well as his top notch finishing ability.

With age he will lose pace and will not be able to charge up the pitch and challenge defenders like Vidic. He is a player that will only be in his peek for 2 years max.

Now we as a club i hate to say this: are not championship winning material as of yet. Yes we maybe in a few years but Nando was promised success; this was why he moved from Athletico in the first place. I don't think liverpool as a club are in a position in which we can truely challenge in the league for at least 2 years by that time Fernando will be past his best.

Torres simply now wants to join a club where winning cups is a little more possible. You may say "Chelski are an ageing side", "they are falling". But the owner of club will make investment to make sure they keep doing well. He has done it before, sadly money does buy winning. Even if in my opinion Chelsea is a club that lacks Sole and Love.

I personally however still hope Nando will stay, he has done a lot for us and no matter what. He has done Liverpool proud in my book :emoticon-0108-speec

13. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

I'm with Poolliver, the "Dead to me" stuff is a bit immature. You can't think that this was an easy choice for him to make, but his biological clock is ticking, and we need yet another complete rebuild, so I can't hold it against him. Sure the fact that he want to join Chavski sticks in my craw, but with him, they might stop the mancs winning and taking our record.

So lets be mature about this, we are Liverpool supporters, and in the olden times, that meant something, we were generous towards talent, no matter what team they played for, we would always welcome back old players, so let us not descend to the level of the mancs or gooners, we are kopites, wise and proud and fair.

14. Jalisco Red

Jalisco Red Member

United fans generally welcome back ex-players, just not Tevez.

15. Lewiz_

Lewiz_ New Member

Poolliver, Noblelox, you're both idiots. People are not blaming for Torres for having ambition, and wanting to win a few trophies. But why couldn't he put in a request at the beginning of the window? Why pledge your allegiance if you don't really mean it? The way Torres has handled this makes it seem as though he doesn't care for the fans. Leaves us with no time to use the money on a replacement for him. He knows how much the fans love him, it will break hearts to see him in Blue.

16. ThereIsNoOtherClubLikeOurs

Spot on. He is now a cancer at our club

17. Muppetfinder General

That was one unproven allegation, not from fans. Self-professed Utd fans were leaving incriminating comments all over the place. Idiot.