1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Top of the League

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by hedgeworth, Aug 21, 2011.

1. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Wolves top of the league, lets just hope the last game ends as a draw so we can stay top for a week :p

Good result today, team played well, looked strong at the back again.

2. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

Only two games gone but lots to be pleased about. We didn't beat either Blackburn or Fulham last season, neither win has been lucky, and we appear to be learning how to close games out. I was particularly pleased that Kevin Doyle scored; I thought he was looking a bit frustrated last season.
    Mick isn't getting carried away (surprise, surprise), and we've only got 2 more points than this time last season, but there does seem to be a more confident look about the team.

3. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Am i seeing things ? 30,000 at Villa park ! for a derby , i was complaining about our 47,700 against Newcastle last week what happened did they close one of the stands.

4. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

being on TV and early maybe had something to do with it, but also the tempo of the games seemed slow as well, not quite sure what was up in the midlands on Saturday.

5. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

The poor turn out from Wolves was also in part down to Villa's unreasonable prices.
    My Villa contact reckons a lot of fans are disillusioned with the transfer policy and with the McLeish appointment. There were only 32000 there for the Blackburn game and I don't think that was on TV.