1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Top 6 Predictions

Discussion in 'The Championship' started by Murdoc, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

Now we're into January, teams are making additions and players are leaving, who do you think the new Top 6 and bottom 3 will be come the end of the Season?

I'm going for:

1) Leicester (Wood and Nugent look unstopable, solid team, reliable midfield, they'll take some stopping)
    2) Cardiff (Are way too far ahead in points now to drop to Play off places, and they're a different side to their usual that begins to have a run of bad form)
    3) Middlesbrough (Good couple of strikers up top, McDonald and Jutkiewicz, their defence is too leaky but their midfield is strong)
    4) Hull City (Good enough to sustain a top 4 position, but defensive inconsistency, an inability to beat the bottom 3 and no striker may cost dearly)
    5) Watford (In some rich form, with their Udinese ties, they have some brilliant players, their counter attacking ability will lead to many wins)
    6) Crystal Palace (Tough team to predict, if they keep Zaha, Bolasie and Murray, they may well finish higher, but they're too reliant on them 3 players)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22) Bristol City (O'Driscoll will improve the team, but will have missed out on desired players who haven't got the quality to stay up)
    23) Barnsley (Will appoint a new manager, and improve slightly, but can't compete financially and really are in trouble, will really miss C.Davies)
    24) Peterborough (Can't get a run of decent results, the often good result every now and again won't be good enough, especially if Boyd leaves in the Transfer Window)

2. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Active Member

Cardiff
    Hull
    Leicester
    Watford
    Palace
    Boro

3. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Amber, I like the unbias views that you have displayed. Its hard for me to provide a counter argument for any of those. I probably think Cardiff will win it with Leicester coming second though, maybe you guys to finish 3rd rather than Boro

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Cardiff
    Leicester
    Hull
    Middlesborough
    Palace
    Watford

5. Mayoleicester

Mayoleicester New Member

Cardiff
    Watford
    Leicester
    Boro
    Leeds
    Palace

6. Proud Tiger

So Hull not even in the play offs?

7. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

That's what I think too - now in freefall and best players long term injured <ok>

8. Proud Tiger

May I just remind you that with the games that Aluko has missed this season, we have won every one (not including cup games and Peterborough)! Plus, we have managed to get to where we are this season without Fryatt, so we will hardly miss him!

9. TC (Lovely Geezer)

You have not won a league game this year and you have a very tough game next in the league - only scored 3 league goals in 2013 <doh> No chance of getting passed ****tu <ok>

10. Mayoleicester

Mayoleicester New Member

No not unless you bring in a decent championship proven striker..

11. roseniorhisgranisfromhull

roseniorhisgranisfromhull Well-Known Member

<laugh> .

12. Proud Tiger

Well we've managed it 5 times this season!

13. Proud Tiger

And we still beat you and subsequently are way above you!

14. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1) Cardiff - Look to be the business this year. Decent enough signing in Campbell to just see them over the line. I think we'll be within touching distance by the end of the season, but they'll be fine and will go to Hull having already won the league.

2) Leicester - Signing Wood gives us (in my opinion) the greatest striking partnership in this league, coupled with our water-tight defence, I think we'll be favourite in all of our games from now til the end of the season (with the exception of Cardiff away).

3) Watford - They've got a very talented first 11. The likes of Chalobah, Vydra, Forrestieri and Abdi will give anyone a tough time going forward. But I think their defence isn't quite good enough to be able to break into the automatic places.

4) Hull - I'm basing this on the side they've got now. They've not got that striker (unless Gedo turns out to be the Egyptian Messi) and I think that'll hurt them. Really rate some of their players, I think Quinn can run a midfield by himself. Lets see how they get on, quite an interesting team to watch.

5) Palace - Not because they're the 5th best side in the league, but because Murray just won't stop scoring. If he were to get an injury then I think they'll drop out of the top 6 all together. But he just keeps pulling them out of the ****.

6) Middlesbrough - Purely because there is nobody from the chasing pack with the ability to do Blackpool.

15. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

Awkward... <whistle>

And as Charlie said, that's 5 times this Season we've managed to score against the mighty ****tu isn't it?

16. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Cardiff will win the league. Even if they stutter like they normally do I think the gap is big enough to keep them top

We will get second. With the back 5 solid and the best in league and with St. Ledger and Whitbread close to returning that will only increase our options. The front 3 of Wood, Nugent and Knockaert will score enough goals to get us over the line

3 and 4 will between Hull and Watford. Watford can score goals but as proven last night there defence isnt strong enough. Hull are the opposite, defence is very good but they lack the fire power. They are heavily relying on Koren and Aluko to get them goals. Gedo might be able to get some goals but its still not enough options throughout the team.

Palace I dont think have the defence or consistency to sustain a top 2 challenge

Middlesbrough have a good squad but maybe lack that little bit extra that all the other clubs in the top 6 have.

The big advantage for Leicester and Hull going for top 2 is we both have 2 games in hand over Watford and Palace. With us still being in the FA Cup will that hinder us with all the extra games and having fixtures moved?

17. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

Can't argue with pretty much any of that.

Cardiff, unless sheer catastrophe hits, can't possibly throw away the lead they have now. They have good depth and great talent. Premier League bound.

Leicester have had one slip up against Posh, but I doubt it's going to affect their current momentum. They have a prolific strike force (which I envy at the moment), creative midfield who also chip in with goals, added to a solid defence. Leicester look dead certain for 2nd IMO.

Watford have played 2 more than us and Leicester, but do play some brilliant stuff and have some great talent within their ranks. Vydra looks on fire, and their counter-attacking style of play is a blessing to the eye. Going to tough to separate them and Hull. The goals scored may prove to be crucial.

Hull really need that one player who is able to stick in the chances created. It's fair to say that our current strikers don't look up to it (Simpson and Proschwitz) but Gedo could be the catalyst. Should he find form, we'll be right in the mix, but I think we need another player to contest (Step up George Boyd).

Crystal Palace have looked too inconsistent lately. Give them the chances, and they will score though, Glenn Murray especially. Kevin Phillips was a smart capture from Holloway. A proper modern day poacher. Quality still at his age.

Middlesbrough with 5 defeats in a row, look as though injuries may cost them dearly. Should their main players return, they'll need a good run to get themselves back firmly in the picture.

18. TC (Lovely Geezer)

Cardiff look home and hosed.

Think Leicester's away form will be their achilles heel and Hull might not even make the playoffs unless they get in a goalscorer sharpish.
    Wouldn't be suprised to see Palace go on another unbeaten run!!

19. Proud Tiger

I think there is as much chance as us not getting in the play offs as there is in you getting relegated! No complement to you intended!

20. TC (Lovely Geezer)

I think there is EVERY chance - you were lucky to beat us and it's the only game you've won in the league in 2013 - you've only scored 3 goals in 6 games!