1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tomlin Could Be Allowed to Leave.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 17, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Fleetwood vs Bristol City: Lee Tomlin missing again as midfielder pays price after Lee Johnson row
    By a_stockhausen | Posted: January 17, 2017

Lee Tomlin continues to pay the price for falling out with Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson.

Omitted from the starting line-up in last Saturday's big Severnside derby clash against Cardiff City, the £3m summer signing from AFC Bournemouth was again left out when Johnson named a much-changed starting line-up for tonight's FA Cup third round replay against Fleetwood at Highbury Stadium.

When asked his reasons for not selecting the fans' favourite by journalists at the weekend, Johnson did nothing to dispel rumours that he has had a bust-up with the 27-year-old midfielder, who joined City on a three-year contract last July.
    please log in to view this image

It remains to be seen whether the pair can patch up their differences, but speculation is growing that Tomlin could be allowed to leave, providing a buying club can be found to match City's asking price.

In the meantime, Johnson continues to deploy others in Tomlin's favoured 'number 10' role behind the strikers. Callum O'Dowda replaced him against Cardiff and Jamie Paterson was preferred to the former Middlesbrough and Peterborough man this evening.

Just as he did in the first meeting at Ashton Gate 10 days earlier, Johnson started with a 3-5-2 formation.

Fully recovered from injury, Hordur Magnusson returned in defence, freeing up recent signing Jens Hegeler to play alongside the fit-again Gary O'Neil in the centre of midfield.

And there was a rare appearance for Swedish forward Gustav Engvall, who last started a game against Hull in the EFL Cup in October.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/fleetw...-johnson-row/story-30065771-detail/story.html

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Must have been a pretty heavy fall out..

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

SO WHY IS HE ON THE BENCH?

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

'Lee Tomlin continues to pay the price for falling out with Bristol City head coach Lee Johnson.'

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I still think LJ needs to go, but I don't blame him for reminding his players who is in charge whilst he still is.
    You can't have the tail wagging the dog - even when the dog isn't very clever and the tail is rather good at being a tail.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Red Robin likes this.
  6. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

In some of his recent games it's looked like Tomlin had already left. played with no discipline and suspicious effort. Can't see him playing much more for City.

7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is blame on both sides, but frankly Tomlin is too good for us, and we have a person in charge who has no experience in handling 'big time Charlies' for want of a better phrase.
    Last nights result doesn't change my mind, I want Johnson out. Perhaps if he goes than we'll get a Manager who can manage Tomlin and others.

Red Robin likes this.
  8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

As said he does not have the respect of the better players.

9. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Maybe Eddie Howe couldn't either.. Problem with these gifted players....they know they're good and think they can do what they like, maybe a bit of a prima-donna!!

10. Reliant Robin TC

Reliant Robin TC Active Member

Maybe it's something to do with the initials LT!! Weren't there similar issues with Lee Trundle?!

11. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

HIS WAS PIES

12. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

It will be a pity if Tomlin leaves.
    He is the kind of player that puts bums on seats. He is also the kind of player who lifts bums OFF seats, and into the air in a kind of jiggly celebration :)

Players like Tomlin are the reason kids dream about football, the reason dads fork out hundreds on season tickets

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    BCFCRob likes this.
  13. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

great player when your winning and everybodys singing his name, but when it goes tits up he disappears and its all somebody elses fault, he should put up or shut up.

Supcon72 and RedorDead like this.
  14. Angelicnumber16

Completely agree, but if it comes to a decision from the Board as to whether Tomlin stays or LJ stays then I know where my money is going.

15. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

May sound silly but if we can get some money for Tomlin, then we might as well sell. He is the sort of player who strops so wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't the best of friends with LJ.

Also whilst he was good last year, I'm not sure that I'd be willing to change a lot of players (ie signings) to set up a team around him

16. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I agree with this.
    To me he might get some fans going gooey but I want to see a team of battlers not stroppy tantrum throwers.

17. Angelicnumber16

But is he only throwing a strop because he has no faith in the Manager or his fellow Pros or a mixture of both ?

No player (or Manager come to that) is bigger than the club itself. Tomlin has always been an outspoken sort of bloke and probably thinks he's bullet proof too.

18. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Didn't he fall out with Howe as well?

Like I said on the games I've seen home and away he disappears loads of times. The Wolves game he tried fancy tricks and left us exposed on two occasions it looked like Brownhill was the only midfielder we had.

19. Angelicnumber16

Howe was quite diplomatic about it, but Tomlin wanted 1st Team football and Bournemouth politely said 'you're not first choice'.

20. Redandy

Redandy Active Member

wow , how quick we all turn on a player, he was the bloody messiah when we demanded he be signed and he got trolled by begging fans through the summer, but now after maybe a fall out we dont know, maybe fitness, maybe form, we all want rid, i give up!!