1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tom Eastman

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by COLUTOM, May 19, 2011.

1. COLUTOM

COLUTOM New Member

Any Good?!

Up the U's :)

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Tom

You have got yourself a steal there. Unbelievable that we've let him go, easily Championship quality and considering we've lost McAuley ....

3. COLUTOM

COLUTOM New Member

Superb! Thought he was going to be decent because you lot offered him a 6 month contract but we offered him 2 years which is presumably why he came to us.

Thing is my friends who support you lot said Tommy Smith would be brilliant for us, but he was terrible!

4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

If you think Tommy Smith is bad ( I'm not a major fan ) then look forwards to Mr Eastman VERY much so !

Good in the air, a strong lad, physical presence. Kinda the basis from what you want from a central defender.

HOWEVER

He has the speed and turning circle of the Titanic crossed with a World War 1 tank. His movement is absolutely horrendous.

Oh, and then theres his distribution ! Something to behold,,,,, very good at the hoof.

Let me know how he does for you, I'll be interested.

5. PJ's Barmy Army

f you think Tommy Smith is bad ( I'm not a major fan ) then look forwards to Mr Eastman VERY much so !

Good in the air, a strong lad, physical presence. Kinda the basis from what you want from a central defender.

HOWEVER

He has the speed and turning circle of the Titanic crossed with a World War 1 tank. His movement is absolutely horrendous.

Oh, and then theres his distribution ! Something to behold,,,,, very good at the hoof.

Let me know how he does for you, I'll be interested.

------------------------------------

<doh><doh><doh><doh><doh>

Some of our fans are Idiots, alot of them have never seen him play in his prober position!! most centre backs look Shi* at right/left back... let alone a 18 year playing there! He isn't actually that slow (for a CENTRE BACK!!) but he looked slow up against speedy wingers .... anyway he is a brilliant centre back ( he is actually better than tommy smith & Brown IMO but smith & brown as bin given more of a chance) He is brilliant in the air and he definitely going to be a very good Championship Player in the future but he is not the finished product yet!... You have got a very good player on your hands (especially for Free!!!)

Good Luck Tom!!!

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Tommy Smith was superb in the World Cup and he's had some brilliant games for Town. He's prone to mistakes, but he's been playing in a very unsettled defence at Town with chops and changes and wingers and centre backs playing at full back.

I don't know how he's done at Col U but he's a very young lad.

Eastman is all round stronger than Smith without any shadow of a doubt.

7. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

I think you will be more than happy with Eastman - good signing.

8. COLUTOM

COLUTOM New Member

Thanks guys - sounds very promising. Smith looked pretty good with us but he made a fair number of mistakes which all led to goals unfortunately for him!

BTW is this where the majority of your fans are found now? i originally tried original 606 but it looked pretty empty for you, this looks more busy?

9. Westlake33

Paul Jewells Barmy army - Call me an idiot all you want. I didn't call the people who posted before me an idiot because they had a different opinion to me. How does me having another opinion of him make me an idiot?

Did you go to Exeter away in the cup ? he played cb there and I found him very slow at covering the ground and had bad movement.

I did highlight the areas where I think he's good. He's a young lad, you never know how he'll turn out. If we knew, we'd be football scouts!

I didn't rate Balkenstein either, however from what I gather he's playing well in league 1. Perhaps Eastman playing regularly in League 1 may do very well.

The main issue for me is his movement - at Colchester have you got a more mobile CB he could play alongside ? If you have, then yeah could do well

10. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

BTW is this where the majority of your fans are found now? i originally tried original 606 but it looked pretty empty for you, this looks more busy?[/QUOTE]

There seems to be few sites springing up. This one has most of the old Ipswich posters on it. Not sure where the Norwich lot have gone to? Where have most of your old 606 lot gone?

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

The budgies are split between ja606, 12yards and here. Wherever it was I was hoping everyone would stick together. It's a shame they've split because one of the great things about 606 was the banter with the other clubs and especially our 6 fingered foes.

12. ITFCBully

ITFCBully New Member

Eastman was nothing special here, got sent off on his debut when he played centre back!

Might work in L1 but nowhere near championship level!

13. PJ's Barmy Army

So you can tell if he is any good after ONE game in his actual Position?!?!?!?!?! <doh><doh> Obviously you have never watched him in Res Games and under18 games!!

14. Westlake33

Bully is merely pointing out he has doubts about his ability. I also do. We'll find out given time just how good he is.