1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic To be Gay or not to be Gay

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swanseaandproud, Jul 27, 2017.

1. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

Oh I don't know Christina Hendricks would look OK as a ginger Muslim

I take it you have a fascination with sticking things up your arse, which is appropriate gir this thread. You go girl

2. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

We wouldn't know, she'd probably be forced to wear a burkha.

Don't some Muslims believe their Messiah will be born from a man? How's that going to happen? immaculately no doubt but still, that's a bit left field especially for a homophobic belief system based on fear, blind obedience and domination of the male over the female. Are the Druze still getting blamed for that myth? Don't the Druze believe in Islamic principles too? as well as Shia Law. Is that belief prevalent throughout the Muslim community or is it just the Druze that believe it to be Gospel, serious question, I would like to know. The Druze do consider themselves Muslim yet they seem to be denied? Why?

By the way noname, you've stated that you don't think that Fry, Dawkins or others mentioned, aren't intelligent, fair enough, yet you've failed to tell us who you think is and back up your view and opinion of them. So who are the intellectuals you follow and consider 'intelligent' who offer the counter opinions you appear to believe in. Who designs your thoughts and ideas and guides you toward your aspirations? Might give some insight into your views and open them up for debate instead of recrimination.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    DragonPhilljack and swantastic like this.
  3. thefanwithnoname

Burkha is specific to Afghanistan. Its one of the most misunderstood issues in the western world today. The whole "burkha ban" is funny because I have yet to see a woman wear burkha in UK. That's not to say 1 doesn't exist but its certainly not common. In France for example the burkha ban was pointless as those women didn't wear it. The niqaab is not a burkha

From your post you clearly dont know who the druze are or Muslims.

Intelligence can be seen in different people in different ways. A footballer can be intelligent in the way he plays or he can have skill but lack intelligence eg edin hazard. Similarly a person can have a skill but lack intelligence.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  4. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

There is not much difference between a burka and a niqab. Both garments cover the body from head to toe. The niqab wearer's eyes are visible, whereas the burka wearer is completely entombed. London has many examples of women wearing these ludicrous outfits.

5. thefanwithnoname

This is just ignorance tbh

Certain clothing is specific to regions rather than religious significance. The jilbab of Saudi, the chaadar of Iran and the burkha of Afghanistan are all different

Similarly the hijaab isn't simply clothing and isnt specific to women

No surprise though its indicative of the times.

6. LIBERTARIAN

"Ignorance" on whose part ?

Men use the garments to elude capture. When chased by the police they dash into the nearest mosque and then sneak out the back pretending to be female.

7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I get the distinction between a burkha and a Niqaab dude, but thanks for pointing it out anyway. I dispute your assertion though that the Burkha is specific to Afghanistan. Having worked for too long in the Middle East and elsewhere, as far as I can tell the Burqa is certainly Muslim specific and its history goes way way back into Persian history so you're going to have to enlighten me on how you say its from Afghanistan.

I personally don't agree with banning Burkhas, Niqaabs, Turbons, Cross on a chain, high heels or mini skirts noname, although I would have to think twice about wearing sandals with socks. We each have different tastes and belief systems and so we navigate our way through life with our very own unique moral compass. That means that every person, every group, every religion is a tiny Island in the ocean of life so no one has any rite to force their narrow views whether they're based on morals, religion or fantasy onto any one else. If people feel comfortable and want to wear a Burkha, Niqaab, mini skirt or a cross on a chain, as long as its their decision and not one that's been forced upon them by a closed minded society then that is fine by me.

As a non Muslim I thought, same as in the Bible or the Torah I imagine, all the Korhan says about dress is to 'cover yourself in a modest manner'. Can't say I've read any of those 'good books' so I stand to be corrected but as a Muslim, maybe you can take this misunderstanding you refer to away and tell us non Muslims why some Women chose to cover themselves from head to foot and wear a burkha, Niqaab or other such garment. I get the covering of the hair, Roman Catholics have been doing that for centuries and still do in many rural communities. So are burkhas and the like worn as a cultural celebration, religious observance or worn for comfort and choice.

Your right noname, I don't know much about the Druze are or Muslims in general, do you?

Don't know what you were trying to say or achieve in the last part of your quote noname. Is Eden Hazard someone you respect? do you get inspiration and aspiration from him? yet you say that the nippy attacking midfielder although skilful, lacks intelligence? do you know him? why do you think he lacks intelligence?

8. thefanwithnoname

Yours.

And? You are all over the shop with your posts.

9. LIBERTARIAN

What "ignorance" in particular ?

10. thefanwithnoname

The burkha or chadri as it is known does have roots in Zoroastrian Persian but is specific to Afghanistan and worn pretty much only by pashtun women. Sure there will be exception to the rule

What a lot of people don't know is that it is preislamic and was worn as a sign of respectability.

Islam only specifies an "outer garment"

Stumpy and DragonPhilljack like this.

11. LIBERTARIAN

This noname person just appeared out of the blue yesterday.
    His sole aim has been to insult as many people as possible.
    He's just a wum.

12. thefanwithnoname

Most of what you say is ignorant tbh

13. thefanwithnoname

I joined this forum years ago. Happened to see this thread, read and commented. First time on swans forum tbf

I'm sorry if your offended by my not agreeing with you

14. LIBERTARIAN

You are new to THIS particular forum. I assume you've made yourself so unpopular on your home forum that you feel the need to visit here now.

Not offended by you. Dismissive of you - definitely.
    You have been extremely unpleasant as a guest.

15. LIBERTARIAN

<laugh><laugh><laugh>

16. thefanwithnoname

As I said Ignorant. Are you one of those people who thinks this is your forum?

As for dismissive of me, OK and yet here you are

17. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I have many issues with Islam, but I have to say that our friend 'thefanwithnoname' has acquitted himself very well with his argument, and detail on facts, which clearly do not go down well in some quarters, but then facts, true facts are sometimes not fashionable, so no news there. Clearly no one is too old to learn, we are all on life's learning curve, some more advanced on that road than others, no need to insult though, it just invalidates your point of view and tells all that you lost the argument, just an observation guys, carry on regardless though, I'm really enjoying this!.....................<laugh>

thefanwithnoname and swantastic like this.
  19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I thought the Afghan's would call their traditional attire a Chadri, rather than the more common, generally religious term burkha as used elsewhere?

20. LIBERTARIAN

??? <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>