1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Title Watch

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Fair play Stan I know about the obese female warming up her tonsils and not counting chickens but Boro seriously
    pos p w d l f a gd pts
    19. Middlesbrough 35 5 13 17 26 45 -19 28
    Yes their defence is better than the teams around them, but they have only scored the same amount as Sunderland. We are 95% there mate.

StanDMan likes this.
  2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Didn't expect Hammers to mash the Spuds, but that sure makes things easier. No complacency, no early celebrations, and we will win this now. Conte will be on the case to keep minds focused, and so will the players. That result should lift everyone at the Club.

StanDMan likes this.
  3. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Spurs looked jaded tonight and that was most likely the worst they have played this season, but credit to West Ham who surprised me with the way they stayed focused on the task in hand as they normally let it slip during the latter stages of the game, gotta say Lanzini is quite a player and gave the normally solid Spurs defence a torrid time so too Calleri.

4. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Must feel strange that the one team you hate more than us just sealed the title for you.

I won't be saying congratulations until it is over mathematically, but a win tomorrow night and it is all but done and dusted. You have been top since something ridiculous like early November if I recall correctly, at which point we were 5th and struggling to break into the top 4 let alone challenge the league leaders. We have done well to at least make it somewhat entertaining for the neutral, but ultimately your consistency and ability to grind out wins without playing well are the reasons you are where you are. The experience of your players and manager gives you those abilities - the way you have bounced back after every setback has been remarkable and something that we continue to aspire towards.

Could still be a few twists in the tale as Hull's shock defeat to Sunderland and City thrashing Palace threw open the relegation battle. Next weekend's fixtures are fascinating with Sunderland hosting Swansea and Palace at home to Hull. Boro will fight tooth and nail for everything at the Bridge. Prior to the Hull-Sunderland result, even a win would've prolonged the inevitable. Now, a win at the Bridge could change things completely (if Palace beat Hull).

Sunderland are now playing like Newcastle did at the end of last season: a mixture of players playing without pressure, playing for pride and playing to put themselves in the shop window for a summer transfer back to the PL (we fell for this trick when we signed Sissoko <doh>). Could still be an intriguing run-in if you drop points to Boro but I still fully expect you to beat WBA and Watford (who are so appallingly ****e it beggars belief).

Anyways, ignore the ramblings of a desperate man <wah>. I hope we can beat United to consolidate 2nd and prevent them from getting top 4. Enjoy your run-in. You've very much earned it <ok>

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<ok>

Though I have to personally disagree with your first line, there are lots of clubs I hate more than Spurs....(in no particular order)

QPR, Barcelona, Leeds, Arsenal, Liverpool, Celtic......off the top of my head :)

6. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Talking about turning point - it is not Arsenal loss away or Hull win to set off 13 game win streak but that Semifinal win against Spuds, that was key for the title.

Immense from Conte for keeping the group grounded, ringing the changes and staying fcuking positive in face of adversity.

Next season, we go again for Top 4 as our primary target or our rightful place against the Moneybags from Manchester!!

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Well done and all the back slapping stuff.

The Ginger Marks, Blueman and Bodinki like this.
  8. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Well done guys, some great players and some great football. Take care to look after our trophy, keep it clean for us this time next year

The Ginger Marks and Blueman like this.
  9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

So next year is yours...get your own ****ing delusion y'manc twat.

10. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

<laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.

11. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

Aghhhhh you said the L word. You know children could be reading this.