1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Tiger TV. Anyone been able to successfully sign up yet ?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by tigerscanada, Jul 19, 2017.

1. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Have I mentioned before that they constantly play the club down?

Pearson or Duffen would have been looking for reasons to get involved and promote the idea of supporting the club. Allams look for excuses not to and in fact actively downplay our appeal.

Out of interest, how many people watch stuff like full match replays? I'm not sure I'd even watch a full replay if it was on TV for free.

Kempton, ImperialTiger and BrAdY like this.
  2. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

The Allams downplay the club because they see the falling attendances and interest and think "oh, the club isn't generating as much interest as it used to" and act accordingly. So far so logical. Except they blame the fans for this apathy, not their own actions. Truly a weird bunch.

Kempton and tigerscanada like this.
  3. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Free sounds fine to me, hopefully Radio Humberside wil be free too (as it should be). The HDM said extensive highlights I thought, but this says full match replay.

4. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

OLM, anything said about whether or not the audio commentary will be free ? Or if not free, any info about payment methods ?
    Or is that info going to be part of the details next week ? Whatever, as usual, they club are certainly leaving stuff to the last minute !
    Apologies for bugging you personally about this .

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

No problem. I don't know anything other than what's just been announced, presumably more details will be released before next weekend.

tigerscanada likes this.
  6. tigerscanada

Thanks.

7. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Maybe Slutsky will come out and say that he expects something will be finalised, but not before the season starts.

PLT likes this.
  8. tigerscanada

9. OedipusTex

OedipusTex Well-Known Member

My goal is to find streaming audio commentary on an android device. I'm usually tooling around on my tractor on Saturday mornings (most matches kick off at 9am here), and I rely on my phone for audio entertainment.

10. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I used tigersplayer for a few seasons and the new offer sounds exactly the same..

Don't know the new price though?

11. tigerscanada

I have found no reference yet to the cost. Knowing the history of the current regime, it's bound to be increasing !

12. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Tooling around on your tractor, sounds ace Tex.
    Tell us more.

13. tigerscanada

Hope you've got a mini-fridge installed on your tractor - nowt like a cold beer when listening to City, even that time of day :emoticon-0148-yes:

14. tigerscanada

Maybe Tex is using it as a taxi service for the illegal Mexicans hopping over the border ?:emoticon-0105-wink:

15. tigerscanada

Bit of an UPDATE - no guarantees mind:

Interesting, this new City web-site may be further ahead than I thought with their embedded Tiger TV for the audio commentary.
    I phoned City's commercial department this morning (Canadian time) and was told they were all out of the office ( at the Open Day presumably), so I then called Viking. Talked to a senior staff member there, who was actually quite helpful and was as candid as he possibly could be.
    He thinks (although could not guarantee) that the audio could possibly be available on the new City web-site for the Villa game, if not then it's not far off from being launched. No info on how much the service will cost ( obviously he wouldn't know given that their role is the front-end of just providing the audio and video content).
    It's probably going to come out as a beta-test initially - presumably free until it's bedded down, and they've incorporated a section on billing methods available etc.
    Here's hoping anyway.

16. tigerscanada

Nudging closer...

2 HOURS AGO
    please log in to view this image

Following the launch of our new website in June, our previous online TV subscription service TIGERS Player HD became Tigers TV, which now brings you exclusive video content - completely FREE of charge!

Through Tigers TV, we will bring you everything you could possibly wish for - and you won't be able to get this fantastic service providing such exclusive access and great content anywhere else.

All you have to do to be able to watch Tigers TV is register an account with our official website - if you haven’t already done so - and then click on the ‘Tigers TV’ tab in our navigation bar. It couldn’t be simpler!

Once signed in, viewers will be able to watch full interviews with Head Coach Leonid Slutsky and first-team players, whilst pre and post-match interviews, press conferences, highlights, behind-the-scenes features and the full 90 minutes of every single Championship game will be available to watch once the 2017/18 campaign is underway.

Further details with regards to live match commentary will be released shortly. A monthly pass to listen to commentary online will be available for just £4.49 per month, while their will also be an option to purchase a season pass for just £45!

MATCH CENTRE

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It won't let me register, it keeps telling me I'm logged in already.

18. tigerscanada

That happened to me last week sometime. I sent them an e-mail and somehow they fixed it.
    edit: can't find the address as the e-mail I sent aint there.
    The old standby of re-booting may be needed ?
    Can you get to the main home page and try logging off ?

Edit: See Plum's post below - I think that's what may have happened to me - unfortunately I can't recall !

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  19. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

That's pretty good if they can manage to do it.

20. tigerscanada

Same price as the old Tigers Player, so very good. As you say, if they can actually pull it off. Won't know until just before k.o. on Saturday. If they haven't set up a section on the web-site for setting up payment options maybe it'll be free this weekend ?