1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ticket prices for Arsenal compared to others

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by lazarus20000, Nov 17, 2016.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Check out the price breakdown for Arsenal compared to others http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37988939.
    • They charge the highest for their most expensive season ticket at £2,103. The nearest is Spurs at £1,895 and Chelsea at £1,250. Manure is £950 and Man City is £900
    • They charge the highest for their cheapest season ticket at £1,014. The nearest is Spurs at £765. Manure is £532 and Man City is £299
    • They have the most expensive match day ticket at £97
    What Wenger says:

In BBC's Price of Football 2016, Arsenal were found to have the most expensive season ticket and Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has been talking about the issue.

"I believe we have the most expensive average price, but you have to be careful how you present that," says Wenger.

"We have not increased the price of our tickets for four or five years and everyone at the club is concerned how to allow people that are not as well off to come to the games."

With that being said, our cheapest season ticket is more expensive than Manure and City's most expensive ones by around £60-£110. Looks like supporting North London teams is expensive business!

ArtisanWenger likes this.
  2. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Looks like that Champagne football at the Emirates comes at Champagne prices then. Which, given how it all goes a bit flat just after Christmas every year, must be a bit galling, eh guys?

3. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Don't forget that our supporters pay for 26 games whilst supporters of other clubs only pay for 19.If you were to look at the price of a season ticket on a game by game basis it presents a completely different picture.An Arsenal supporter with the lowest priced season ticket pays £39 per game whilst a Spurs supporter pays £40.26.An Arsenal supporter with the most expensive season ticket pays £80.88 per game whilst a Spurs fan pays £99.73.The one good thing about that survey is it dispels once and for all the myth about Arsenal supporters paying the most expensive ticket prices in European or World football

PINKIE, The Magic Man and NLDISRED like this.
  4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

To be fair its the best stadium in the country too. Even the 'cheapest' have great seats with a very good view of the pitch.

Spurs charging the money they do for that crap stadium in the most run down area of London seems inferior value for money.

5. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I actually had the worst view I've ever had when I went to the Swansea game.I was behind the gial in the lower Clock End and my line of sight was level with the cross bar.This slightly obscured my view of the North Bank penalty area