1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 23rd. March 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Mar 22, 2017.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Thursday's Meetings

Wolverhampton
    A/W 7 Races 1:50-5:00p.m.
    Chepstow
    N/H 7 Races 2:10-5:25p.m.
    Ludlow
    N/H 7 Races 2:30-5:45p.m.
    Cork
    N/H 7 Races 3:00-6:10p.m.
    Chelmsford(E)
    A/W 7 Races 5:50-8:50p.m.

Racecards

At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. stick

stick Bumper King

A couple of bumpers for me to play with tomorrow.
    Siding with the Hendo runner WHATSWRONGWITHYOU 9/4 Ludlow 5.45. Weakened quickly when a beaten favourite at Kempton on debut and needs to settle better this time. The stable have a fine record here with their bumpers though and even the Skelton horse looks like modest opposition.
    Far more interesting race at Chepstow where Pipe and Greatrex have horses with obvious chances. I am going to stick my neck out though and side with a trainer not particularly recognised for bumper winners. I simply cannot ignore the fact that DESSINATEUR 9/1 Chepstow 5.25 is a full brother to the very useful Une Artiste as well as have two other siblings that won their bumpers. Venetia can have one ready first time out and the 9/1 looks too generous to turn down.

tanktop16, Ron, Doalittle and 2 others like this.
  3. mick the jolly sailor

mick the jolly sailor Well-Known Member

Kim Bailey could have a quick treble in the first 3 races at Chepstow tomorrow.
    Cascaye 2.10.
    Braw Angus. 2.40.
    Glenforde 3.15.
    Throw in Red Spinner at Ludlow. 4.10. and will make a nice 4 horse accumulator!

I'm going to take Stick on (at my peril) with Crucial Role in the bumper at Ludlow. 9/2.

4. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

I was keen on Whatswrongwithyou last time out but as you say he failed to settle and trailed in 13th. He was though very, very well backed in the morn on that occasion and was it would appear ‘expected’ that day. This one is still actually owned by Mr Henderson (cost 44,000 gns) and I said last time that I thought what the aim might have been was to have him trained ‘to the minute’, win a bumper easily and then sell him on for a sizeable profit – a bit ‘Del boyish’ maybe but they all do it! Maybe that will happen after the Ludlow race and Mr Henderson, the Champion Elect, be in the money.

Staying with Bumpers I see that the richest race in the Isle on Saturday is such a kind of contest – Newbury’s very rich National Hunt Flat race. As I hinted at earlier in the week the ‘county set’ have a ‘live ‘un’ identified for that one!

5. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

4:10 is a fascinating race, if only for the pace angle. We have three strong front runners (De Faithesdream, Red Spinner and Speredek) and just the one hold up horse - Workbench.

Now what is interesting is that DF is a bold front runner who seems to sulk when headed early (Kempton last year good example) and he goes very hard to get the lead.

Speredek is another who goes hard, he has led on all four chase runs, and whilst progressive he has had races run to suit the last twice. I expect him to go forward again.

That leaves Red Spinner who has travelled strongly the last twice. But unlike the previous pair, he can chase the pace and will be able to follow others into the race. He showed that last year in the Grand Annual. He therefore can be interesting if the front two go hard and he isn't pushed forward.

Workbench however is a hold up horse, and whilst having no form this year, he is a classy individual. Unfortunately he may be in decline through, and whilst he needs to enter calculations he is hard to pick.

Red Spinner for me with a forecast with Workbench

6. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Wolverhampton
    150 has a very interesting combination going on firstly trainer / jockey are operating around a thirty percent win rate .
    Secondly the jockey was in the plate lto over 1f further leading until inside the final furlong at this track , also the race before that was at the same track and the race was run the same . I have a sneaky feeling this is expected to win .
    I took 6s last night 11/2 still available in places but the 5s generally is more than acceptable in my opinion.
    LOUMARIN

7. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

Your horses to avoid today are:

Treble of:
    Braw Angus (Chep 2.40)
    Gino Trail (Ludl 3.05)
    Pink Gin (Chep 3.50)

Singles on Red Spinner and Karl Marx (Chep 4.20)

GLA.

8. Doalittle

Doalittle Well-Known Member

Powerful Dream in the first at Wolves. I'm hoping Annie Salts and Loumarin go off to hard and set it up her.

Midtech Valentine 5.15 Ludlow.
    I like mares who have run in proper handicaps against geldings in these mares races. She didn't like chasing so hopefully she'll enjoy the return to hurdles.

Pretty poor fare at Mallow but I'll go with Bonbon Au Miel and Kaiser Black double.

9. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

I like Ready going down in class in 2.20 at Wolvy.Usual class six donkey fest but he has been racing in better company than this.6/1 win.

10. mick the jolly sailor

Port Paradise next.....reminds me of Puerto Limon in Costa Rica!!!! image.jpg

11. mick the jolly sailor

Well so much for the Bailey horses! No doubt Red Spinner will romp home now....it won't be carrying my money!!!

12. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

Somehow, the last one coming in with BOG after drifting out to 7s has made my day a success. You have nothing to lose but your reins.

Bostonbob likes this.
  13. You See

You See Well-Known Member

Kenstone was quite comfortable at track and distance lto and 3s looks fair in the 720
    750 rosie crowe at 4s

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.
  14. stick

stick Bumper King

That's why they call me.............

tanktop16, lamby, tward07 and 2 others like this.
  15. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

BOOOOOM!<party>

Well done The Stickler! Very good indeed! People pay for tips not as good as these and we get them for free! Thank you my good man<cheers>

smokethedeadbadger and stick like this.
  16. mick the jolly sailor

Another TOP,TOP SHOUT from Stick....got on at 6's, nice drift!! Won nicely.

Crucial Role now!!!!!

Cheers Stick, was having a bad day. Back in action now!!

17. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

So do I lay off the double?

stick likes this.
  18. stick

stick Bumper King

Not a chance

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.
  19. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

I did the Skelton treble earlier last nite and also chucked the Henderson horse in with 2 singles and a double with the Venetia horse (don't usually back two in a race) so either hors will do for me but for the sake of the forum let's hope Nicky has his ready!! <ok>

20. tward07

tward07 Well-Known Member

Funny old game this, i got my money on at 8/1 this morning. Since then it was a 20 rule 4 but the horse was still 8/1 so i cashed out my original stake and then replaced it and got my original returns. I bet that they wouldn't have gave me best odds if i didn't though.

Anyways, well done Stick thats the double landed <cheers>