1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Thursday 20th. August 2015

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Aug 19, 2015.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Thursday's Meetings

York
    Flat 6 Races 1:55-4:55p.m.
    Chepstow
    Flat 8 Races 2:10-6:05p.m.
    Stratford
    N/H 7 Races 2:20-5:45p.m.
    Lingfield (E)
    Turf 4 Races 5:00-6:30p.m.
    A/W 3 Races 7:00-8:00p.m.
    Hamilton (E)
    Flat 7 Races 5:10-8:10p.m.
    Killarney (E)
    Flat 3 Races 5:20-6:20p.m.
    N/H 4 Races 6:50-8:20p.m.

Racecards

At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

I just can't get away from Covert Love after landing the Irish Oaks ahead of her two main rivals Jack Naylor and Curvy.I think she could be still progressing and I'm taking her to land the spoils in the big one at 7/2.
    I'll also be having a small Ew wager on Tony 'Gangsta' Martin runner Dark Crusader in the 4.20.The old rogue had a nice winner today and although this looks a tricker race to call I'll have an Ew punt at 9/1 as I think he will go off shorter come race time

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    woolcombe-folly007 and Ekbalco99 like this.
  3. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Lady of Dubai in the oaks tomorrow. Plenty of rain overnight by dubawi . Get on!

Deleted 1 likes this.
  4. Goldikova14

Goldikova14 New Member

Two for everyone to avoid tomorrow...

2.30 York: EASTON ANGEL 9/2
    3.40 York: CURVY 6/1

Singles and a double.

5. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

York 1.55 TOP OF THE BANK 40/1 e/w

Strongly fancied on debut and has looked full of ability despite disappointingly not getting his head in front in 4 starts. The positive is that his hold up style and strong finish bode well for the step up to 6f today and I get the impression that Kevin Ryan thinks highly of him. He avoids a handicap mark of 83 and pitches him into this for some big prize money. Has a great chance of outrunning his odds and though he has some tough nuts to crack for win purposes, he'll be strong at the finish at the very least in my opinion.

Quite interested in Sea Kalisi for the Yorkshire Oaks- no fluke about the win over the smart Kataniya last time out and the rain won't hinder this ones chances. A rare runner for Francous Doumen!

6. fusion

fusion Active Member

Got all 4 of De Sousa's rides at York today (all 4 rides are 8-1 or higher) in doubles with Karin Knapp to beat Serena Williams tonight (9-1).

7. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

LUMIERE- 7/4

She is an absolute beast this filly and although has only had the one run, we don't know what was behind her, to be chucked in and supplemented at this level she had to be thought of and is a proper group horse.

cityhull likes this.
  8. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

And COVERT LOVE to carry on progressing today and confirm the placings with curvy and Jack naylor

9. cityhull

cityhull Well-Known Member

Lumiere could be special and this could be the last time we see her odds against, she will do for me at 7/4 today

10. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Penitent @ 25s ew in the Clipper Logistics Handicap. Getting on a bit but 3 time Group winner who relishes give in the ground. Although sliding down the handicap he's shown enough in recent outings to convince me he still has another good day in him when conditions in his favour.

11. Grecian Mick

Grecian Mick Well-Known Member

The horse she beat by 6 lengths won yesterday. Sharjah queen won by 5 lengths in a class 5 race. I back many Johnston horses but I will not be backing this one today as I think it will get beat.

12. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Hello, I’m Barney Chuckles, you may remember me from threads such as ‘JP and AP – Are they married yet???’ and ‘Mill House trumps Arkle as he’s the only one with a Simpson’s character named after him’.

Cor blinkin’ bally blimey though what did we think of that ‘International’ yesterday??? If there wasn’t something crooked up in that then my name isn’t Dr Sir Barney Chuckles OBE CBE MFI EU OMG LOL.

13. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Befuddling with a capital B Sir Barney. Do you buy into the theory of York being a "dodgy track"? Didn't seem to affect Frankel a couple of years ago <whistle>

14. Sir Barney Chuckles

Oddy, according to some its been highly, highly 'dodgy' since they did the work on the track prior to York staging the 'Royal' meeting back in the mid-Naughties.

Meanwhile, I think some of you types are a bit late, at the races, in noticing Lumiere. She’s as low as 6/1 for next terms 1,000 Guineas! To maintain that quote she’s got to win today and daylight be second. I would expect her to do so though.

15. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

The ground at York is definitely going to be at least Good to Soft today, so that immediately eliminates the 1:55, 3:05, 4:20 and 4:55 as betting propositions. On the ratings, Group 2 runner-up Tasleet only has to come out of the stalls to win the opener giving just 5lb to most of the field. Jordan Princess will probably come good today in the 4:20 without my money weighing it down.

The Lowther Stakes at 2:30 looks like a good renewal. The talk has all been of supplemented Johnston filly Lumiere, who absolutely bolted up at Newmarket on her debut and is clearly very well regarded although the form looks suspect. Kevin Ryan’s Ashadihan chased home Illuminate at Royal Ascot, a form line that suggests she will beat a couple of these; however, that was on quicker ground. I was very impressed by BESHARAH at Ascot when she comfortably accounted for Great Page in the Princess Margaret Stakes and the ground will be no problem.

The Yorkshire Oaks at 3:40 sees just two older fillies trying to rest the prize from the three-year-olds. It is hard to fancy Miss Marjurie at this grade as she was well beaten by Lady Tiana in a Group 2 at Haydock (I backed her!). The biggest problem is where the pace is going to come from as several of these like to be tracking the leader rather than leading themselves. That includes Hugo Palmer’s improving filly COVERT LOVE, who holds many of the others on form lines from the Irish Oaks placed horses Jack Naylor and Curvy. Those wanting to take the Arabian Queen form literally will be on Lady Of Dubai from the Nassau Stakes.

Those with an eye on the St Leger should probably take the 12/1 Covert Love before 3:40.

16. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Sir Barney, the drainage work was done at York in 2009 after the course was flooded in 2008 resulting in that year’s Ebor meeting being abandoned (the Juddmonte International was run at Newmarket with Duke of Marmalade winning).

‘Royal Ascot’ was held at York in 2005, in preparation for which the chute after the winning post was joined up to the back straight creating a circuit to allow races longer than two miles to be run (e.g. The Gold Cup).

17. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Lumiere is far too short for my liking, she did it well on debut but they were greener than Kermit's middle finger in behind and I wouldn't read too much into Sharja Queen winning a poor race in a bog at Ffos Las yesterday. Easton Angel has rock solid form in the book and has been unlucky on her last 2 starts (wrong side at Ascot, stopped in her tracks at a crucial point at Newmarket) and it will be close between her and Besharah again. I may even put my punting boots on for this one.

18. Al Kazeem

Al Kazeem Member

Does anyone give Melodious a shout in the 4.20 at York? I see she has won twice on soft. David Elsworth seems in good form and the 40-1 looks generous to me.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    floridaspearl likes this.
  19. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sorry, QM. My timeline got a bit distorted there.

I’d fancy Melodious a lot more than I fancied Arabian Queen 24 hours ago!

20. Goldikova14

Goldikova14 New Member

I give Excessable a big E/W shout in the opener at York at 12/1