1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Three promoted sides.

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Quite Possibly Raving, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HammersmithBlue

Fair point Twins, good luck at the weekend

2. Swords Hoopster

Swords Hoopster New Member

You seem to be forgetting the fact that Chelsea were down to 9 men for breaking the rules! We was through on goal for one of the reds. Its silly singing the praises of a team down players, they shouldn't have gotten sent off in the first place!

3. HammersmithBlue

Agree we were beaten fair and square, and lost discipline. You got stuck into us, we retaliated stupidly. You made the most of our fouls to get players sent of and win pens.

I am sure we would have made the most of your fouls too though; that's the game these days unfortunately

4. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

It was not a pretty game ,if all games were like that i wouldn`t watch football any more

5. Swords Hoopster

Hammersmith, you not a bit embarrassed coming onto a QPR board trying to explain why they beat Chelsea?

Have a thread of dignity would you and just try and forget the whole humiliating episode.

6. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Hammersmith, what a load of tosh. There was no hard luck story. Get over it and stop crying.

Supernorwich, I don't know what game you were watching but for me, it was a fantastic game. It had everything. The joy at the end was something else.

7. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

perhaps more pressure on us to win but only cos we are the home side and should be beating qpr if we wish to stay up (no offence but its true). there is more pressure on you to stay up this season than us however. we won't be in arrears if we lose - we are four points clear of the drop zone - thats the only figure that counts. its irrelevant to us if you sail off into the distance so long as we finish 17th or higher.

8. HammersmithBlue

Agreed, it was not pretty. The lowest quality game we have played all season, but still full of controversy and excitement: an old school local derby. Unfortunately the ref did not rec the vibe and applied new school rules. Great atmos in the first half too.

9. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Build a bridge and get over it.

10. HammersmithBlue

You guys, especially Anton and Neil, won't let the game rest. We are happy to (I'M sure JT especially).

The thing is about the Premiership is that every match is like a cup final.

You need to move on quickly and focus on the next match, otherwise you get relegated.

11. Swords Hoopster

I agree with you on that score. The whole racism thing is embarrassing.

But I think you should suck it up mate, losing to a much smaller Club. I can't imagine going on the Brentford board after them beating us and trying to make excuses as to why we lost to a much smaller Club. Keep your pride buddy.

12. HammersmithBlue

Why do you feel the racism thing is embarrassing?

13. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

Thing is - the 'whole racism thing' is what is keeping the game relevant, because it HAS to be investigated.

I'm absolutely sure that terry wants it all to be forgotten, because then there's no chance he'll be found guilty (not prejudging the case, but if it all gets dropped, there will BE no case). We need to get proper closure on this, otherwise there will always be a large number of fans of all clubs who look at Terry and think 'racist'. We all have our views, of course, but it needs to either be proven (and Terry get the appropriate punishment) or disproven (in which case it can THEN be put to rest).

Of course - the other thing that's keeping this whole thing relevant is that the game was the start of Chelsea's run of ****e performances, and highllighted the lack of discipline, lack of grace from AVB, and the fallacy of the managerial turnstile approach Abramovich has employed ever since Mourino left. Blue, when you start playing better, and behaving yourselves both on and off the pitch, then this game will be forgotten.

The flip side, is if/when you crash out of the CL, things could easily spiral out of control unless the old guard is put out to pasture. New Manager, no new players, and a season with less chances of a trophy than Arsenal....

14. West London Willy

West London Willy Well-Known Member

It needs sorting. Swords maybe gets personally embarrased about some strange things, but this shouldn't be one of them.

15. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

Cos it's 2011 and your captain , shouldn't be calling people black ****s.
    that's what you meant isn't it swords?

16. Swords Hoopster

I was agreeing with you dopey! You said Anton won't let it rest and I think he should.

17. Northolt-QPR

Northolt-QPR Active Member

[video=youtube;sN37Fn3Hw8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN37Fn3Hw8E[/video]

18. Swords Hoopster

Good points there Willy, especially the fact that the defeat was the start of their poor run.

P.S. Good one Northy!

19. HammersmithBlue

I know. But I wondered why you thought the issue was embarrassing? I agree; I think it is a bit gay and Rangers need to move on...

20. Swords Hoopster

Same reason as you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.